The cover 2 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

The cover 2 sucks

I hate it. This defense is a joke. It only works for teams who create pressure, and have a consistent pass rush, which Buffalo doesn't. It does not suit us, or our cornerbacks stregnths, very well at all. It's sickening to watch. When we set up on D, I swear I can anticipate what the offense is going to do. Our CB's are backed up 6 yards off of the wide-outs practically every play. The slant is ALWAYS available, and usually gets us burned for anywhere between 5-14 yards. Our LB's are BIG. They aren't that fast at all. We don't have Dwight Freeney up front to creat pressure, play after play. We don't have a speedy LB like Brian Urlacher. We have bulky LB's who can lay a lick, and very good cornerbacks, who it seems are being told to give the offense a 6 yard head start every play. This defense does not suit the Buffalo Bills. This type of D begs the offense to dink and dunk against us all day long. I do believe we have the talent to be a top 15 defense, but not in a Cover 2 scheme. Our D-line has a knack for creating a very cute, and perky pocket for any QB to stand in for at least 5 seconds. We never send more than 4 or 5 guys at the QB it seems. And Maybin needs to get signed. I'm sick of this defense, I'm sick of these coaches, and I'm sick of watching Buffalo Bill defense, Post-Wade Phillips. Yea, first game, pre-season, blah blah. That's what everyone says, every year. 'Stop *****ing, it's preseason'. Well, it seems that for the past decade, our preseason performance carrys right on over into the real games. It just hurts to watch a team that I love,...suck. I'm still very optomistic for the season, especially with our Offense, but I smell a 2002 type season this year. Again, I hope I'm wrong and people bring this thread up and laugh at me later this year.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: The cover 2 sucks

No you are right. As long as Dick and Perry are here this is the crap defense they will play.

Is it possible to fire your whole coaching staff in preseason ?????

I think we all know what's coming this season. The same boring, conservative, kick 20 yd. fg's, try to keep it close and lose 20-12 type games.

God I can't wait for dick to be gone.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

we still don't have the talent on D to do anything cover 2 or not... but I agree the cover 2 blows donkey balls...

We needed a big upgrade at DL and the OLB position to make our D better but we didn't do much to address those needs this offseason besides a sophmore DE who hasn't signed yet/.

We can only hope for late preseason cuts
      Last edited by ddaryl; 08-10-2009, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

Preseason, very little blitzing, no Maybin in the sugar rush and Schobel could only have played less inspired if he was on the bench...If by week 8 you see the same, then worry. But not game one of Pre Season.

Comment

• BSU Drew
          • Feb 2007

It drives me bonkers that in a situation of 3rd and short our cb's line up ten yards off the wr's ... why dont we just give them the first ,and save ourselves some time on offense if we are going to do that?

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by methos4ever
            Preseason, very little blitzing, no Maybin in the sugar rush and Schobel could only have played less inspired if he was on the bench...If by week 8 you see the same, then worry. But not game one of Pre Season.
            Why not Week 1?

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

it wont work unless we apply pressure... so yes, it sucks.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                Why not Week 1?
                Week 1 I think (and I could be wrong) that we will attempt the George Costanza method of playing the Pats - doing the opposite of whatever we've done the last few years (with the exception of the first Jauron-coached game).

Other teams who have no experience against us yearly (Saints, Bucs, Browns somewhat, Texans) are a good indicator of how we'll operate outside of the division and the Miami and NY Jets games are more or less teams we've swept / been swept by so we can see truly the divisional stand more vs them than the Pats.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Last night was so typical of last years defense. We had them pinned back to a 3rd and 15 and we give up a 17 yard completion. That should NEVER happen and happens too frequently with this defense. We need more pressure up front and quit being so soft on the coverage. As long as we keep using this Cover Two we will be mediocre at best.
                  Last edited by mchurchfie; 08-10-2009, 11:54 AM.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I think our coaches were not trying to show other teams what we have. I feel bad for Brady and the rookie qb Sanchez. This D is going to be better than the ravens' sb team.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      I think our coaches were not trying to show other teams what we have. I feel bad for Brady and the rookie qb Sanchez. This D is going to be better than the ravens' sb team.
                      sarcasm?
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        sarcasm?
                        drugs
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment