• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Maybin's signing doesn't appear imminent

Here's hoping Segal is going to be willing to move on without Crabtree's contract being finished.

"The holdout of Buffalo Bills first-round draft choice Aaron Maybin reached its 16th day and the defensive end from Penn State still was not close to a contract agreement Sunday night.

Maybin is one of six first-round draft picks who remain unsigned in the NFL. Maybin was the 11th overall pick. The other unsigned picks were taken sixth, eighth, ninth, 10th and 14th.

The 12th overall pick, running back Knowshon Moreno of Denver, agreed Friday to a five-year deal worth $23 million. The contract includes $13 million in guarantees.

That deal should provide a benchmark for talks between the Bills and Maybin's agent, Joel Segal.

However, it's possible the Bills may need a completed contract by 10th pick Michael Crabtree before they finalize the deal. Crabtree and the San Francisco 49ers reportedly are far apart in negotiations. Crabtree was expected to be taken much higher than 10th overall, but fell due to a stress fracture injury that came to light in February.

Whether Maybin's representation will be comfortable doing a deal without the 10th pick slotted remains to be seen.

Moreno got a good pay increase over the No. 13 pick, Washington Redskins defensive end Brian Orakpo, who signed for $20 million with $12 million guaranteed. Last year's 11th pick, Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin, signed for $19.4 million and $12.6 million guaranteed."
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Maybin's signing doesn't appear imminent

the rookie signing situation blows. These guys who have never played a down are making demands for doing nothing and haven't provent squat. The NFL should do something about this.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-10-2009, 10:33 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Hopefully the next CBA puts a bigtime cap on rookie compensation

otherwise the league will be taking a step backwards IMO

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

It can't get done when your GM is at the game pressing palms with the likes of Mikey and Phil...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

If he misses much more of camp and preseason he will have a Derrick Harvey type of a season where he hardly ever sees the field and provides no help to this D. The situation is going from bad to worse...
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            If he misses much more of camp and preseason he will have a Derrick Harvey type of a season where he hardly ever sees the field and provides no help to this D. The situation is going from bad to worse...
            I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Maybin is more raw than Harvey was coming out of college. So it's even worse for Maybin. At this point I really don't expect him to help this defense out his first year.

The only good thing is that we opened TC early. So even though he has missed 16 days of it already, we've only played one preseason game and still have 4 more games to go.

At this point the guy I really want to see return to action is Byrd. We need a ballhawk safety on the field. Byrd is not only missing TC with an injury, he missed OTA's and minicamps too (which Maybin attended). The faster Byrd is on the field, the faster we'll have three viable starters at safety.
            Last edited by psubills62; 08-10-2009, 10:43 AM.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BTP
              • Nov 2002

Is It wrong to wish some vet just takes Cashtree out this season? I'm tired of watching him hold up both of our teams here.
              Last edited by BTP; 08-10-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BTP
                Is It wrong to wish some vet just takes Cashtree out this season? I'm tired of watching him hold up other teams here.
                Why hate on Crabtree, he is doing what any of the rest of us would do in trying to get as much cash as possible. He'll sign likely near the end of the preseason.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Maybin is more raw than Harvey was coming out of college. So it's even worse for Maybin. At this point I really don't expect him to help this defense out his first year.

The only good thing is that we opened TC early. So even though he has missed 16 days of it already, we've only played one preseason game and still have 4 more games to go.

At this point the guy I really want to see return to action is Byrd. We need a ballhawk safety on the field. Byrd is not only missing TC with an injury, he missed OTA's and minicamps too (which Maybin attended). The faster Byrd is on the field, the faster we'll have three viable starters at safety.
                  Id say they are close to each other in development, I dont know if Id say Maybin is more raw.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BTP
                    Is It wrong to wish some vet just takes Cashtree out this season? I'm tired of watching him hold up both of our teams here.
                    Is it wrong yes... but i do the samething. I told the local bagger at my grocery store who is a huge pats fan that Brady will tear up his new knee this season by week three and sit the next two seasons. So right isnt wrong and wrong isnt right.

Its FOOTBALL BROTHER.... No rules are broken until the flag is thrown
                    @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                    X