PDA

View Full Version : My Quick Hits

madness
08-10-2009, 12:04 PM
OL is obviously still a concern, a lot of miscommunication in both run and pass blocking. Levitre has a lot of work ahead of him, killed the 1st drive all by himself. When Walker gets out in the open field, he needs to stop reacting to the defender and just needs go full steam ahead
Schouman got blown up or run by on a few run plays
Trent looked sharp and poised commanding the no huddle, WR's run crisp routes, T.O. was... well... T.O.
DL did alright against one of the best OL's in the league and smart QB who knows when to get rid of the ball. Pressure was there many times but we are still lacking a guy that knows how to finish
B. Scott looked a little lighter as well as faster but could still can make the big hit
Oman is progressing very well
Poz came out like I expected him too. Made some nice plays and shed off his blockers nicely but should have stopped that TD. Still think he's going to have a very nice year
McKelvin has me already missing Greer. Part of it is his inexperience and part is his tackling. With McGee looking solid, McKelvin is going to get picked on a lot. The rest of the secondary looks solid
Big TE's really have a chance to abuse this defense

madness
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
As far as the running game... Unfortunately we will still have to pass to open up the running game until teams start to respect our down-field game. The Titans proved that teams still think stacking the box is the best way to stop our offense.

Hopefully the additions of T.O. and the no huddle will change their minds.

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't think Shcouman played.

Mitchell55
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't think Shcouman played.

He did. He was the 1st one to greet Owens on his 1st catch

Crisis
08-10-2009, 04:15 PM
omon looked like a completely different back...last year it seemed like he had no burst and just looked slow...he looked a thousand times better than the last time i saw him

DrGraves
08-10-2009, 04:29 PM
We have the worst pass rush in the nfl still.

TigerJ
08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Omon did look a lot more confident out there. Still looks like the blocking is the reason for the running game's ineffectiveness. The good news is the youngsters should get better. We couldn't say that last season when there were no inexperienced youngsters on the line.

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
He did. He was the 1st one to greet Owens on his 1st catchMy bad

madness
08-11-2009, 08:28 AM
This is exactly what I was talking about. If the current trend continues, Fine could be our starter by game 1. Schouman just looks too small to be out there on the line.

Run 3: Lynch, 0 yards through left C gap (against eight-man front).
- Walker put 97 down and laid on him after 97 got his feet tangled with 91. Levitre went to the second level and hit 52, but didn't sustain the block. He just kind of stood there. Hangartner stood up 91, who got his feet tangled with 97, allowing Hangartner to put 91 on his knees. Wood gave Hangartner a hand with 91 and then went to the second level but was caught in the wash. Bell and Fine took 90 off of his feet and then dogged him until the end of the play. TE Derek Schouman, who was on the field quite a bit for a guy who wasn't supposed to play at all, killed the play by whiffing on 93, who almost had a tackle for loss.

Run 4: Fred Jackson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1876/Fred_Jackson), 1 yard through the A gap.
- Walker looked at 98 for a second before he went to the second level and tapped 53 on the shoulder. Levitre pulled to the right C gap and locked up 50, driving him around in a circle. Hangartner was stood up by 96, who slid off of him to get in on the tackle. Wood and Bell doubled 75. Schouman had a half-hearted block on 95, who was in on the tackle.

Fine again demonstrated that he's a better blocking TE than Schouman. If Schouman is going to be the nominal starter, it will be based on his all-around ability as opposed to his stellar blocking. Don't get me wrong; Schouman isn't a terrible blocking TE, but Fine is better. The coaching staff must see a decided advantage to Schouman as a receiver. Nelson definitely needs to work on his blocking.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/8/10/984100/notes-from-the-line-hall-of-fame

madness
08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Omon did look a lot more confident out there. Still looks like the blocking is the reason for the running game's ineffectiveness. The good news is the youngsters should get better. We couldn't say that last season when there were no inexperienced youngsters on the line.

I agree. From what I saw, the line looked very confused on their assignments. Even Marshawn looked a little lost. A good DC would throw a lot of delayed blitzes at this line.

madness
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Double stack of pancakes, please.

Wood tossed his man two plays in a row. @ :15 & :25 secs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d811c9a42/HOF-game-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-highlights

yordad
08-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Double stack of pancakes, please.

Wood tossed his man two plays in a row. @ :15 & :25 secs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d811c9a42/HOF-game-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-highlights

@ :25 was impressive, but @ :15 wasn't. :15 he was drove back into the QBs lap and only managed to shove the guy after he jumped to attempt a block.