• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

The Jauron Thread: Preseason game 1 edition

Let's keep a running tally of annoying Jauron Moments, shall we?

Here are my contributions.
    1. 4th down and goal, runs to the left side for little to no gain. Stand Jauron procedure since he got here.
    2. Timeout before the Lindell fieldgoal. Remember to use your timeouts in situations that have no need for them.
    3. The one time i saw him on camera, he was in his standard "maybe i'm in jurassic park and i shouldn't move a muscle, but i'm definitely thinking, how'd i get screwed on that one" look.

You guys got any?
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: The Jauron Thread: Preseason game 1 edition

I would add the NOT calling a timeout when Tenn was about to score in the final minute of the first half. WE ended up getting the ball with 37 seconds left, instead of close to a minute.

The only reason we even got the ball back at all is because they scored a TD. This is the same coaching problem I had with Jauron last year in the Miami/Toronto game.

You can't take your timeouts with you to the locker room, Dick..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• billsfanone
      Majored in Home Economics
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
      Let's keep a running tally of annoying Jauron Moments, shall we?

Here are my contributions.
      1. 4th down and goal, runs to the left side for little to no gain. Stand Jauron procedure since he got here.
      2. Timeout before the Lindell fieldgoal. Remember to use your timeouts in situations that have no need for them.
      3. The one time i saw him on camera, he was in his standard "maybe i'm in jurassic park and i shouldn't move a muscle, but i'm definitely thinking, how'd i get screwed on that one" look.

You guys got any?
      Even though I said weeks ago that I don't want to hear "it's just preseason" I really don't give a crap about any of this during preseason. I don't care if there is no gameplan. I just want to see some of the players perform well. In this case the D could not have done much worse, IMO. And that's what has me burning up right now.+

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

I'm not worried about play calling now because these are basically live practices, but it is a good time to rehearse the time-out usage.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Already mentioned Dick icing his own kicker so I'll one up you with Trent and Co. playing one series.

Comment

• billsfanone
            Majored in Home Economics
            • Sep 2008

Didn't Trent play 2 series?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Jeff Fisher owned us twice last night. Pre-season or not we got embarrassed on national TV. Sprinting into the end-zone at the end of the game was brilliant. I highly doubt that the Bills would ever do that.

I'm completely sick and tired of hearing how April is a genius on special teams. He has good returners that make him look good. That was his unit that got owned on the fake punt.

Jauron might me a good motivator but if we ever do get a roster that makes the playoffs it won't be him taking us to a Championship.
              Last edited by HHURRICANE; 08-10-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Jeff Fisher owned us twice last night. Pre-season or not we got embarrassed on national TV. Sprinting into the end-zone at the end of the game was brilliant. I highly doubt that the Bills would ever do that.

I'm completely sick and tired of hearing how April is a genius on special teams. He has good returners that make him look good. That was his unit that got owned on the fake punt.

Jauron might me a good motivator but if we ever do get a roster that makes the playoffs it won't be him taking us to a Championship.
                Let's see... Preseason game, don't want anyone injured, can't hit the kicker, can only block, made 3 guys go for the block, leaving everyone else pretty much blocked.

Yup, April's fault.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Haha, he has returners that make him look good? Try again. There's a reason Fred Jackson had a higher punt return average than Parrish when Roscoe was out with injury last year. It's because of the coverage team blocking for the returner. And that is because of April.

Gee, one preseason trick play and April's suddenly an idiot? Come on, you should know better than that.

Other than April, I agree that Fisher is a MUCH, MUCH better coach than any guy we have on the sidelines.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i think this is going to be an enjoyable weekly thread during the season until the guy is gone.

i understand these games are just practice, but it'd be nice if jauron tried to practice and get better as a coach.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I'm waiting for the first delay-of-game during a no-huddle drive. That will be a feat.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I've only watched the 1st quarter so far but I have 3 complaints.

1. The fake punt. Are you ****ing kidding me? I called that **** sitting on my couch- it was the most obvious fake in the history of the NFL. And S/T is supposed to be our forte.

2. Kyle VanDanBosch lit up Schouman to tackle Lynch in the backfield. WHY THE **** WAS SCHOUMAN TRYING TO BLOCK HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

3. The DB's are STILL too far off the LOS, hence the 3rd-and-15 conversion right in McKelvin's grill and several other big gainers.

Yes, I know, it's tough to evaluate coaching in a preseason game because they don't fully gameplan, but those things pissed me off. There's simply no excuse for that kind of crap at any point of the season.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I've only watched the 1st quarter so far but I have 3 complaints.

1. The fake punt. Are you ****ing kidding me? I called that **** sitting on my couch- it was the most obvious fake in the history of the NFL. And S/T is supposed to be our forte.

2. Kyle VanDanBosch lit up Schouman to tackle Lynch in the backfield. WHY THE **** WAS SCHOUMAN TRYING TO BLOCK HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

3. The DB's are STILL too far off the LOS, hence the 3rd-and-15 conversion right in McKelvin's grill and several other big gainers.

Yes, I know, it's tough to evaluate coaching in a preseason game because they don't fully gameplan, but those things pissed me off. There's simply no excuse for that kind of crap at any point of the season.
                          Only the first pre-season game but Op is in mid season form. Nice!

Don't worry it gets better!!
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• lmcshadow
                            • Nov 2007

The one time i saw him on camera, he was in his standard "maybe i'm in jurassic park and i shouldn't move a muscle, but i'm definitely thinking, how'd i get screwed on that one" look.

The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                              Already mentioned Dick icing his own kicker so I'll one up you with Trent and Co. playing one series.
                              Yeah, I cracked up when we called time on our kicker. classic
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X