• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Orakpo "exceeding expectations

Here's an article from the Washington Post:

The buzz about rookie defensive end/strong-side linebacker Brian Orakpo continues to grow.

The buzz about rookie defensive end/strong-side linebacker Brian Orakpo continues to grow.

In his first NFL training camp, Orakpo has exceeded expectations that were already high when the Redskins selected him with the No. 13 overall pick.

Orakpo often was unblockable during Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage when he rushed the passer as a hand-down end. Although Orakpo did not go against first-team tackles on every rep, he again displayed the speed and pass-rushing skills that have impressed veterans.
    Granted, the Chris Samuels quotes might just be the whole media/PR thing- he's not going to publicly dis a rookie teammate- but I'd still much rather have our DE in camp getting compliments from vets than sitting at home waiting to see what Michael ****ing Crabtree does.

Our FO choked on the pick and now they're choking on the signing.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Re: Orakpo "exceeding expectations

I thought Orakpo was going to be the pick. Was I ever suprised.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Here's an article from the Washington Post:

Granted, the Chris Samuels quotes might just be the whole media/PR thing- he's not going to publicly dis a rookie teammate- but I'd still much rather have our DE in camp getting compliments from vets than sitting at home waiting to see what Michael ****ing Crabtree does.

Our FO choked on the pick and now they're choking on the signing.
      At this point, I think we didnt make the best choice. That doesnt mean I think we made a bad choice or a wrong choice, only not the best.

Orakpo was my top DE and I really think he will have more success inthe NFL than Brown or Maybin. I was shocked that he was there and a bit more shocked that we skipped him.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
        At this point, I think we didnt make the best choice. That doesnt mean I think we made a bad choice or a wrong choice, only not the best.

Orakpo was my top DE and I really think he will have more success inthe NFL than Brown or Maybin. I was shocked that he was there and a bit more shocked that we skipped him.
        It pissed me off to see this article today because the DL was horrible last night (see my 1st quarter review- I don't feel like re-typing it). We really need help ASAP- meanwhile Orakpo, who already has 20+ lbs of muscle on Maybin- is getting rave reviews in camp while Maybin sits on his ass. Great.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

It pissed me off to see this article today because the DL was horrible last night (see my 1st quarter review- I don't feel like re-typing it). We really need help ASAP- meanwhile Orakpo, who already has 20+ lbs of muscle on Maybin- is getting rave reviews in camp while Maybin sits on his ass. Great.
          All I can say is that this may be temporary. Yes, hes lost more than a week, but its only a week or so, not a season.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
            All I can say is that this may be temporary. Yes, hes lost more than a week, but its only a week or so, not a season.
            I hear ya, but when the guy's undersized and he's our only hope at improving the pass rush, he needs all the practice time he can get.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

I hear ya, but when the guy's undersized and he's our only hope at improving the pass rush, he needs all the practice time he can get.
              Im not pissed that our only hope is Maybin, Im pissed that thats our only hope... Why in the hell did the Bills think they could drastically improve their pass rush by adding just one guy? Didnt we also have a poor run D? Whos coming in to help us there? Oh yeah, no one.

We needed another DT to push Williams/McCargo... we didnt get it.

Yet the Titans didnt seem to have a problem finding young guys that can get a rush.

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

All anyone is talking about on the radio/TV training camp reports here in DC is how sick Orakpo already looks. It is a bit depressing.
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Akhippo
                  • Nov 2002

If Orakpo makes the pro bowl while our holdout cant sniff a starting role this will feel like a punch in the gut and will quite seriously make me loathe our FO.

For some reason I wanted Orakpo badly on draft day. Especially since he was there. Hearing Maybin was deflating. But you try to turn it positive by saying that at least he is a high draft pick at a position of need and will help.

Then he pulls a Crabtree Jr and his holding out till his older brother signs while we get reports of Orakpos greatness, real or PR.
                  Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Prolly because the Redskin's offense is soooo dumpy!

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

I'll wait to see BO in a game first. A real game. And he'd be sitting-out just like Maybin, if the Bills had selected him at 11th overall.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

I wanted Orakpo (link). I've been trying to convince myself otherwise since. Maybin isn't helping.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                          • Jul 2004

I was up set as well when we passed him up and grabbed MAybin. Thats what is it to be a Bills Fan brothers. Hang on tight the FO and coaching staff continue to take us on a rollercoaster year after year decade after decade. It is what it is... All i know is i expect big things from Maybin but Orakpo would of been sweet to add to the line.

Hang in there, we havent seen the reports on MAybins Training Camp or Preseason action yet... So once he signs the contract hopefully we will get to see such press releases.
                          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            I'll wait to see BO in a game first. A real game. And he'd be sitting-out just like Maybin, if the Bills had selected him at 11th overall.
                            Well, so far BO's been in a real practice. Maybin hasn't even gotten that done yet.

The part about BO holding out if the Bills had selected him is nothing but conjecture. Of course, BO is also much closer to being the prototypical size and shape of an NFL DE than Maybin is, so a holdout wouldn't have affected him as much anyway.

We don't know what the future holds, but right now the Bills' FO is looking pretty damn dumb.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Orakpo signed before the previous seven picks did, so he didn't hold out because of that. Another pro for him.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X