PDA

View Full Version : 3 steps to success for this year

X-Era
08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
1) Go out and sign a guy like Levi Jones. Butler can move back to RG, and Wood can start at LG which will give Levitre the time he needs to develop. Bell may be a real option but we may not know for sure until all the preseason games are done.

2) Sign John Thornton or Dwayne Robertson or Ellis Wyms. One of these guys can come in and help us get push.

3) Sign Trent Green or Brian Griese or even Mike Vick and let Fitz go. Trent behind a young OL with no real backup? THAT is scarry.

elltrain22
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I would also add to sign a proven Strong side LB.

cocamide
08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Fitzpatrick looked very shaky out there. Hamden looked pretty decent, but all in all, we're completely screwed if Edwards goes down.

k-oneputt
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Of all those things mentioned, the Bills will do none of them.

And if Edwards goes down, we are screwed and the front office will start their spin job on how could they thought fitz would be.

X-Era
08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Of all those things mentioned, the Bills will do none of them.

And if Edwards goes down, we are screwed and the front office will start their spin job on how could they thought fitz would be.

Unfortunately I agree.

X-Era
08-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I would also add to sign a proven Strong side LB.

Yeah, Id say sign Derrick Brooks who can start day one while Nic Harris and/or Ashlee Palmer develops. But with our youth movement, I cant see anyway we would do it.

justasportsfan
08-10-2009, 09:14 PM
If Levi is so good why hasn't anyone signed him?
Same with Brooks

Mitchell55
08-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Thorton, Green, Levi, and Brooks

BillsWin
08-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Fitz looked OK last night. nothing spectacular. I think the key to the oline is

Bell, Butler, Hangnarter, Wood, Walker.

Levitre can sub in until hes ready to go fulltime.

X-Era
08-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Fitz looked OK last night. nothing spectacular. I think the key to the oline is

Bell, Butler, Hangnarter, Wood, Walker.

Levitre can sub in until hes ready to go fulltime.

They might make that change.

yordad
08-11-2009, 07:03 AM
They might make that change.They might. And, I could even envision them swapping Bell and Walker at the bye. Wouldn't that be nice if he can progress that far, that fast.

trapezeus
08-11-2009, 08:34 AM
i like that we think that with edwards we aren't screwed. Everyone is screwed with jauron. He made that crystal clear in the first preseason game. he was under prepared for a preseason game. and people still want to give him pass for that.

Next, he'll be underprepared for the openner on monday night. "we did some good things out there, but it didn't all come together like we would have liked." then followed by 2 minutes of him trying to figure out how to even spell football.

But no worries, Jauron is a yale grad. it must mean he's smart.

justasportsfan
08-11-2009, 08:38 AM
i like that we think that with edwards we aren't screwed. Everyone is screwed with jauron. He made that crystal clear in the first preseason game. he was under prepared for a preseason game. and people still want to give him pass for that.

Next, he'll be underprepared for the openner on monday night. "we did some good things out there, but it didn't all come together like we would have liked." then followed by 2 minutes of him trying to figure out how to even spell football.

But no worries, Jauron is a yale grad. it must mean he's smart.

You know I'm not high on Dick but in all fairness , preseason games especially last sundays should not be a reflection of coaching. It's all about individualized efforts for the most part. Try outs

I'm almost sure Dick told them have fun but the main thing is , don't get injured. Hardly anyone got hurt so I think he had the team prepared for that.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2009, 08:53 AM
I think most of the guys mentioned in this thread as possible acquisitions are either old, injured, has-beens, never-will-bes, or some combination thereof. Just because we've heard of them doesn't mean they can still play at a high level, or help this team. Sometimes, young players need to play and develop.

trapezeus
08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
You know I'm not high on Dick but in all fairness , preseason games especially last sundays should not be a reflection of coaching. It's all about individualized efforts for the most part. Try outs

I'm almost sure Dick told them have fun but the main thing is , don't get injured. Hardly anyone got hurt so I think he had the team prepared for that.

on the fake punt they were victimized for over pursuit. That was something last year's defense got caught on. and then after the fact punt, they were still making the same mistake.

What talent evaluation are we getting with the DB's playing 10 yards off?

These are the things that should be fixed by the 4th year of a coaching staff. plain vanilla the game plan, that's fine, but show that you can move the ball and stop the ball. They did not do that well.