X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Almost fell for it!

After 3 frustrating seasons under Jauron, I was ready to finally cancel my Sunday ticket if the Bills kept him.

Low and behold, Russ and Co are giving him another shot. Awesome. Consider my overspending with Direct TV over.

But wait, the draft rolls around and it seems like they do ok, addressing the OL, DE, TE, etc. Then they amazingly sign TO.

I am actually excited again. Maybe I will renew the ticket. TO, Evans, Lynch and even Edwards is kind of exciting. Kind of unsure about all the position switches on the OL, but the coaching staff knows something right? The young D is more experienced, McCargo is lean and mean, Schobel is back, etc.

The training camp is still very laid back, a strategy that works for some teams I guess right? The no huddle is something new.

Maybe things are turning around. Nope!!!!

Terrible. Offensive and Defensive lines are still a joke. If every team we play controls the line of scrimmage, can we still win?

What is going to make this more annoying is when TO gets frustrated with our preparedness, play calling, coaching, etc. everyone is going to focus on TO, when the problem has actually been here since 2006.

Its almost like a bad horror movie where everyone knows whats coming, but it can't be stopped.

I don't buy this is the first game of the preseason, especially when all the same problems from the last 4 years were the same problems from last night.

- No Run Blocking
    - Weak Pass Blocking (worse with the loss of peters and dockery)
    - No pass rush
    - No Run D
    - Weak Coverage
    - Can't stop any 3rd down play, no matter how far it is

So in summary we can't block, rush, stop the rush, rush the passer, cover. Sum it up?

I actually feel bad for TO coming onto this team. He is a competitor who wants to win, which is a lot more than I can say for the coach.

Is it worth watching the horror movie even if you know the ending?
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

Re: Almost fell for it!

This is what seperates the true fans from the posers
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

I will buy my sunday ticket and watch every single game even if we dont win one. I dont care I love my Bills and love football

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Cry me a river.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
          • Oct 2002

True fans are happy the way this team is headed.

You are also not a true fan if you are frustrated.

Not buying Sunday ticket also means you dont love the Bills anymore.

Got it.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Um... I get the games on regular TV. Yall have to get the Sunday tickey huh. Arizona, Massachusetts, VA..... and then you got the guy calling you a poser who probably lives in Orchard Park.

Anyways, I'm watching every game as usual, but I live in WNY. I feel your frustration though man. I figure we need a top knotch proven coach, or it will never change.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I thought about getting it, since I just got DirecTV three months ago but when I called yesterday to ask about it, they weren't offering any kind of a promotion on it for existing customers.

Brand New Customers get 5 months of top package programming, DirecTV, free equipment, and install for only 60.00 bucks, but if you were a prior customer then its the 59.99 on top of the monthly package price. Sucks but what can you do?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                True fans are happy the way this team is headed.

You are also not a true fan if you are frustrated.

Not buying Sunday ticket also means you dont love the Bills anymore.

Got it.
                Stop it. You're a huge fan and you will get the Sunday ticket. I also live in the DC area and I have Sunday ticket and season tickets. On one hand I could be considered a complete idiot for spending so much on this trainwreck team. On the other hand, I absolutely cherish Bills football and I can't seem to break away from it. We're all frustrated, but we all love the team and we will all watch. I think that's what he was getting at (not that he explained it well). It hurts so good, I guess. If I cancel sunday ticket and miss one game, I would probably be a complete mess for those 3-4 hours and I would end up ordering immediately after. My guess is that most tortured Bills fans are the same way.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

After 3 frustrating seasons under Jauron, I was ready to finally cancel my Sunday ticket if the Bills kept him.

Low and behold, Russ and Co are giving him another shot. Awesome. Consider my overspending with Direct TV over.

But wait, the draft rolls around and it seems like they do ok, addressing the OL, DE, TE, etc. Then they amazingly sign TO.

I am actually excited again. Maybe I will renew the ticket. TO, Evans, Lynch and even Edwards is kind of exciting. Kind of unsure about all the position switches on the OL, but the coaching staff knows something right? The young D is more experienced, McCargo is lean and mean, Schobel is back, etc.

The training camp is still very laid back, a strategy that works for some teams I guess right? The no huddle is something new.

Terrible. Offensive and Defensive lines are still a joke. If every team we play controls the line of scrimmage, can we still win?

What is going to make this more annoying is when TO gets frustrated with our preparedness, play calling, coaching, etc. everyone is going to focus on TO, when the problem has actually been here since 2006.

Its almost like a bad horror movie where everyone knows whats coming, but it can't be stopped.

I don't buy this is the first game of the preseason, especially when all the same problems from the last 4 years were the same problems from last night.

- No Run Blocking
                  - No pass rush
                  - No Run D
                  - Weak Coverage

So in summary we can't block, rush, stop the rush, rush the passer, cover. Sum it up?

I actually feel bad for TO coming onto this team. He is a competitor who wants to win, which is a lot more than I can say for the coach.

All this after 1 preseason game after only 2 weeks of practice?

Stop being such a drama queen.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

It's after 3 years, 1 preseason game and 2 weeks of practice.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Stop it. You're a huge fan and you will get the Sunday ticket. I also live in the DC area and I have Sunday ticket and season tickets. On one hand I could be considered a complete idiot for spending so much on this trainwreck team. On the other hand, I absolutely cherish Bills football and I can't seem to break away from it. We're all frustrated, but we all love the team and we will all watch. I think that's what he was getting at (not that he explained it well). It hurts so good, I guess. If I cancel sunday ticket and miss one game, I would probably be a complete mess for those 3-4 hours and I would end up ordering immediately after. My guess is that most tortured Bills fans are the same way.
                      Unfortunately, you are probably right...

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                        Um... I get the games on regular TV. Yall have to get the Sunday tickey huh. Arizona, Massachusetts, VA..... and then you got the guy calling you a poser who probably lives in Orchard Park.

Anyways, I'm watching every game as usual, but I live in WNY. I feel your frustration though man. I figure we need a top knotch proven coach, or it will never change.
                        Thanks. Yeah, I have had the ticket forever, try to go up to a game every year, but I am a poser for being frustrated with consistently bad coaching.

Would love to have someone like Gruden come in here.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I thought about getting it, since I just got DirecTV three months ago but when I called yesterday to ask about it, they weren't offering any kind of a promotion on it for existing customers.

Brand New Customers get 5 months of top package programming, DirecTV, free equipment, and install for only 60.00 bucks, but if you were a prior customer then its the 59.99 on top of the monthly package price. Sucks but what can you do?
                          I was thinking about waiting until after week 1, since the game will be televised to see if there is a better deal.

We'll see how long I can hold out.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

- No Run Blocking
                            - No pass rush
                            - No Run D
                            - Weak Coverage

To address some of your concerns:

RUN D: Chris Johnson: 6 car, 17 yards = approx 2.9 ypc ; Lendale White: 6 car, 12 yards = 2 ypc.

RUN D = Great, especially against one of the top run teams in the league.

NOT GETTING OFF THE FIELD: Our D held the first drive to a punt. Special teams gave them a TD.

RUN BLOCKING: Our starting RBs had 3 carries each. Not exactly proof of anything.

PASS RUSH: We already knew this was a concern which is why we drafted a pass rusher. Also why we have a new DL coach who still has TC to get the line moving better. Maybin getting in camp asap is obviously key.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

i was thinking the same thing.. overreact much?

THE SKY IS FALLING AFTER ONE PRESEASON GAME!!!!

:sarcasm:
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X