PDA

View Full Version : Almost fell for it!

jdbillsfan
08-10-2009, 11:01 PM
After 3 frustrating seasons under Jauron, I was ready to finally cancel my Sunday ticket if the Bills kept him.

Low and behold, Russ and Co are giving him another shot. Awesome. Consider my overspending with Direct TV over.

But wait, the draft rolls around and it seems like they do ok, addressing the OL, DE, TE, etc. Then they amazingly sign TO.

I am actually excited again. Maybe I will renew the ticket. TO, Evans, Lynch and even Edwards is kind of exciting. Kind of unsure about all the position switches on the OL, but the coaching staff knows something right? The young D is more experienced, McCargo is lean and mean, Schobel is back, etc.

The training camp is still very laid back, a strategy that works for some teams I guess right? The no huddle is something new.

Maybe things are turning around. Nope!!!!

Terrible. Offensive and Defensive lines are still a joke. If every team we play controls the line of scrimmage, can we still win?

What is going to make this more annoying is when TO gets frustrated with our preparedness, play calling, coaching, etc. everyone is going to focus on TO, when the problem has actually been here since 2006.

Its almost like a bad horror movie where everyone knows whats coming, but it can't be stopped.

I don't buy this is the first game of the preseason, especially when all the same problems from the last 4 years were the same problems from last night.

- No Run Blocking
- Weak Pass Blocking (worse with the loss of peters and dockery)
- No pass rush
- No Run D
- Weak Coverage
- Can't stop any 3rd down play, no matter how far it is

So in summary we can't block, rush, stop the rush, rush the passer, cover. Sum it up?

I actually feel bad for TO coming onto this team. He is a competitor who wants to win, which is a lot more than I can say for the coach.

Is it worth watching the horror movie even if you know the ending?

Dying_-2-_Live
08-11-2009, 02:44 AM
This is what seperates the true fans from the posers

SquishDaFish
08-11-2009, 03:10 AM
I will buy my sunday ticket and watch every single game even if we dont win one. I dont care I love my Bills and love football

Buffalogic
08-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Cry me a river.

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 06:37 AM
True fans are happy the way this team is headed.

You are also not a true fan if you are frustrated.

Not buying Sunday ticket also means you dont love the Bills anymore.

Got it.

yordad
08-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Um... I get the games on regular TV. Yall have to get the Sunday tickey huh. Arizona, Massachusetts, VA..... and then you got the guy calling you a poser who probably lives in Orchard Park.

Anyways, I'm watching every game as usual, but I live in WNY. I feel your frustration though man. I figure we need a top knotch proven coach, or it will never change.

DraftBoy
08-11-2009, 07:27 AM
I thought about getting it, since I just got DirecTV three months ago but when I called yesterday to ask about it, they weren't offering any kind of a promotion on it for existing customers.

Brand New Customers get 5 months of top package programming, DirecTV, free equipment, and install for only 60.00 bucks, but if you were a prior customer then its the 59.99 on top of the monthly package price. Sucks but what can you do?

TedMock
08-11-2009, 07:31 AM

Got it.

Stop it. You're a huge fan and you will get the Sunday ticket. I also live in the DC area and I have Sunday ticket and season tickets. On one hand I could be considered a complete idiot for spending so much on this trainwreck team. On the other hand, I absolutely cherish Bills football and I can't seem to break away from it. We're all frustrated, but we all love the team and we will all watch. I think that's what he was getting at (not that he explained it well). It hurts so good, I guess. If I cancel sunday ticket and miss one game, I would probably be a complete mess for those 3-4 hours and I would end up ordering immediately after. My guess is that most tortured Bills fans are the same way.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2009, 07:47 AM
After 3 frustrating seasons under Jauron, I was ready to finally cancel my Sunday ticket if the Bills kept him.

Low and behold, Russ and Co are giving him another shot. Awesome. Consider my overspending with Direct TV over.

But wait, the draft rolls around and it seems like they do ok, addressing the OL, DE, TE, etc. Then they amazingly sign TO.

I am actually excited again. Maybe I will renew the ticket. TO, Evans, Lynch and even Edwards is kind of exciting. Kind of unsure about all the position switches on the OL, but the coaching staff knows something right? The young D is more experienced, McCargo is lean and mean, Schobel is back, etc.

The training camp is still very laid back, a strategy that works for some teams I guess right? The no huddle is something new.

Terrible. Offensive and Defensive lines are still a joke. If every team we play controls the line of scrimmage, can we still win?

What is going to make this more annoying is when TO gets frustrated with our preparedness, play calling, coaching, etc. everyone is going to focus on TO, when the problem has actually been here since 2006.

Its almost like a bad horror movie where everyone knows whats coming, but it can't be stopped.

I don't buy this is the first game of the preseason, especially when all the same problems from the last 4 years were the same problems from last night.

- No Run Blocking
- No pass rush
- No Run D
- Weak Coverage

So in summary we can't block, rush, stop the rush, rush the passer, cover. Sum it up?

I actually feel bad for TO coming onto this team. He is a competitor who wants to win, which is a lot more than I can say for the coach.

All this after 1 preseason game after only 2 weeks of practice?

Stop being such a drama queen.

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 08:01 AM

It's after 3 years, 1 preseason game and 2 weeks of practice.

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Stop it. You're a huge fan and you will get the Sunday ticket. I also live in the DC area and I have Sunday ticket and season tickets. On one hand I could be considered a complete idiot for spending so much on this trainwreck team. On the other hand, I absolutely cherish Bills football and I can't seem to break away from it. We're all frustrated, but we all love the team and we will all watch. I think that's what he was getting at (not that he explained it well). It hurts so good, I guess. If I cancel sunday ticket and miss one game, I would probably be a complete mess for those 3-4 hours and I would end up ordering immediately after. My guess is that most tortured Bills fans are the same way.

Unfortunately, you are probably right...

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Um... I get the games on regular TV. Yall have to get the Sunday tickey huh. Arizona, Massachusetts, VA..... and then you got the guy calling you a poser who probably lives in Orchard Park.

Anyways, I'm watching every game as usual, but I live in WNY. I feel your frustration though man. I figure we need a top knotch proven coach, or it will never change.

Thanks. Yeah, I have had the ticket forever, try to go up to a game every year, but I am a poser for being frustrated with consistently bad coaching.

Would love to have someone like Gruden come in here.

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
I thought about getting it, since I just got DirecTV three months ago but when I called yesterday to ask about it, they weren't offering any kind of a promotion on it for existing customers.

Brand New Customers get 5 months of top package programming, DirecTV, free equipment, and install for only 60.00 bucks, but if you were a prior customer then its the 59.99 on top of the monthly package price. Sucks but what can you do?

I was thinking about waiting until after week 1, since the game will be televised to see if there is a better deal.

We'll see how long I can hold out.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM

- No Run Blocking
- No pass rush
- No Run D
- Weak Coverage

To address some of your concerns:

RUN D: Chris Johnson: 6 car, 17 yards = approx 2.9 ypc ; Lendale White: 6 car, 12 yards = 2 ypc.

RUN D = Great, especially against one of the top run teams in the league.

NOT GETTING OFF THE FIELD: Our D held the first drive to a punt. Special teams gave them a TD.

RUN BLOCKING: Our starting RBs had 3 carries each. Not exactly proof of anything.

PASS RUSH: We already knew this was a concern which is why we drafted a pass rusher. Also why we have a new DL coach who still has TC to get the line moving better. Maybin getting in camp asap is obviously key.

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM

i was thinking the same thing.. overreact much?

THE SKY IS FALLING AFTER ONE PRESEASON GAME!!!!

:sarcasm:

methos4ever
08-11-2009, 08:19 AM

You can always threaten to move to another cable package (if it's avail in your area) and they typically knock off a few hundo. Works for me whenever I help my dad lower his DTV bills in the fall.

madness
08-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Stop fooling yourself. You can't and won't. Resistance is futile!

:gobills:

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
i was thinking the same thing.. overreact much?

THE SKY IS FALLING AFTER ONE PRESEASON GAME!!!!

:sarcasm:
I understand the overall level of frustration with the team we all love going on 10 years of stinking, but in the end it is supposed to be a pastime and fun. I can't let it get to the point where I get that upset about it.

DraftBoy
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
You can always threaten to move to another cable package (if it's avail in your area) and they typically knock off a few hundo. Works for me whenever I help my dad lower his DTV bills in the fall.

Really?? Hmmm...

I may have to call them again, Comcast is available in my area.

Marvelous
08-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I will never change my POV. Fans that even mention "leaving, cancel D-tv whatever,, they are not real fans. They only like the team if they are winning.
--At my wedding my best man, who happens to be a diehard Phinhead said " He has been a fan since the 80's and all the team has done is make him misserable & dissapoint him"". So true, but then again i enjoy every season & i couldn't be happier then the way i feel on sundays at about 12:55
--I'd have it no other way....Winning is a perk!

trapezeus
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
This is what seperates the true fans from the posers

False, it's what seperates the fans who are willing to live on prayer and faith and those fans who know the game and actually want to see improvement year to year. this argument from the fans who refuse to acknowledge where the deficiencies are are the ones who get the most disappointment.

Either Jauron is a coach who is too conservative, runs the wrong scheme for his talent, and is a horrible gameday manager or he's a genius that has been throwing games for the last 7 years until he can surprise us all as being the next coming of Lombardi.

Fans are free to pick either way they want.

Marvelous
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Being objective is one thing, but whenever i hear "i'm done w/ this team" kinda talk, well i'm always like goodriddance..
--IMO One can be pissed at the teams situation without the threat of abandoning.

-I'm very annoyed at the teams lack of a quality backup QB becfause it's the position that can kill us if Trent goes down or something. And why didn't we draft lineman the last 4 years? The way we did this year is the best i've seen in years.

--This teams tends to draft well. Tom Donahoe was elite, Butler & Marv & obviously Poilian was/we're and Russ is doing great. Maybe it is Modrak in the backround that is helping, i dunno. But besides not drafting lineman & a center, we've done good things..

-Tell me ship jumper(s), how we're you feeling last year when we we're 4-0?

--Question/curiosity = if we are 5-7 going into week 14, are no longer enjoying the football season? Don't get me wrong i get frustrated and my wife says i stress her out & she's always telling me to STFU!

Am i in the minority with this POV on the team?

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I will never change my POV. Fans that even mention "leaving, cancel D-tv whatever,, they are not real fans. They only like the team if they are winning.
--At my wedding my best man, who happens to be a diehard Phinhead said " He has been a fan since the 80's and all the team has done is make him misserable & dissapoint him"". So true, but then again i enjoy every season & i couldn't be happier then the way i feel on sundays at about 12:55
--I'd have it no other way....Winning is a perk!

Never change your POV on what?

I get all the always a fan, no matter what, etc.

All I said is, how last year, when I was frustrated with Jauron, how he prepared the team, schemes, etc. and it seems to be happening again this year. It made me want to cancel direct tv because they are frustrating to watch. In my opinion, I see a lot of the same problems.

It has only been 1 preseason game. I get it. So do not have an opinion until the last preseason game? Its not like we have a new coach here.

Not real fans? You guys are funny. Fans get frustrated. Fans do different things, react different ways. Who ever said that they no longer liked the Bills or only like them when they are winning?

The Bills lost. Gee Whiz, I really hope they turn it around, but if they don't, thats ok too.

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Being objective is one thing, but whenever i hear "i'm done w/ this team" kinda talk, well i'm always like goodriddance..
--IMO One can be pissed at the teams situation without the threat of abandoning.

-I'm very annoyed at the teams lack of a quality backup QB becfause it's the position that can kill us if Trent goes down or something. And why didn't we draft lineman the last 4 years? The way we did this year is the best i've seen in years.

--This teams tends to draft well. Tom Donahoe was elite, Butler & Marv & obviously Poilian was/we're and Russ is doing great. Maybe it is Modrak in the backround that is helping, i dunno. But besides not drafting lineman & a center, we've done good things..

-Tell me ship jumper(s), how we're you feeling last year when we we're 4-0?

--Question/curiosity = if we are 5-7 going into week 14, are no longer enjoying the football season? Don't get me wrong i get frustrated and my wife says i stress her out & she's always telling me to STFU!

Am i in the minority with this POV on the team?

I am not sure who said they are done with this team. I could never be done with this team.

I get frustrated paying the 400 bucks to get frustrated again on Sundays.

Marvelous
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
OK..
--Wanna know what i think in regards to Levitre?
-He was rated sooo high in draft publications. MOstly the #1 rated Guard & we grabbed him in the 2nd round.. So that makes us estatic & the majority want him to turn out, so when he got manhandled by a seasoned Nose tackle or even if it we're a scrubby, the majority,or some panicked because they had so much hope for him...I just wanted these fans to let him adjust to the game and get his curves out & then review him week4(pre).
----ALSO, The O-line- is surprisingly stacked w/ depth this year...We have Bell & Kirk Chambers..Kirk is a capable starter in the Chris Kelsay mold. No probowl, but gets the job done without getting Trent killed.. Very VERY SMART player..You/we can tell the staff wants to start him so bad, but the dilema is that a better green player will be better then Kirk, but he needs to the reps. A classic coaching issue. Same issue i have in Madden LOL
--We lost 1 lineman this year and gained 3.
---I forgot about Sweaty Crotch ahhaaha.. Guys, my best friend/best man always called Seth mcKenney "SWEATY-CROTCH" funny & wanted to share..One of his QB's made a few jokes when Seth was playing center about him being soacked with sweat.. :lol:

-So we got
T-Walker,Bell,Butler
Guards--Wood,Levitre,Chambers,Hardgardner(sp),McKinney,Denman,
-The rest are scrubbies etc.. But the depth is amazing. with maybe 2 question marks
--I see Lankston being A-ok/fine @ LT..
-Handgardner will be atleast A-ok if not ELITE @ C. I've yet to not be imporessed w/ him..
--Wood & Levitre & Bell are still learning
& Chambers,McKinney & Butler A-ok starters. Capables who wont get Trent killed, but wont shine either.. Butler is the best we got, but he's still somewhat Green..
---I am kinda rooting for Kirk Chambers to get a starting job because he has NEVER pissed me off with a blown assignment or something.. he is pretty good & don't be surprised if he l;ands a spot. Say RG

-and JD,,,Sunday ticket SUCKS. Only for 1 reason. THE MARKET IS CORNERED. I' just relocated my family and the HOA wont allow the dish to be in contact with the structure AT-ALL.. Asshoels!
---So we had to pay $75 and put in on a pole & mount it in the brush/woods area about a 150 feet from my house,,then dig a foot deep trench and burry the cable...
-And not to mention i have to pay Direct TV's SUPER-FEE & The other channel so i can have it in HD....Yeah buddy it sucks..But it's better then being a bar and almost getting into a fight with Jets & Pats fans because they annoy me and i don't know how to ignore it. And the drunker they get the more bold they get. People hit on my wife right at our table in front of me and our daughter. :lol: It's funny watching her embarass them, but i tend to get pissed if im not laughing cause it's all a distraction form the game...Dmn scr8 i'm choosing my couch & sound & DVR to re-watch during the week etc...But i feel ya that we need options besides just D-tv..

-JD, Here's my awesome Idea. The NFL Network charges alot more, say #200-500 a year & the fans/we get EVERY SINGLE GAME. But the uniqueness is that we get 32 team channels. I/We get a Bills channel all year round and sundays @1pm they play the game & even replay it all week or something..But we also get
-The Chris Brown show
-The STeve tasker show
-Practice sessions
-Maybe some funny *** like the store in the mall interviewing fans like MIkey.
--Like the Yankee's channel..
-I would love the idea of seeing a channel dedicated to teh Bills. And the selling point for the NFL could be that channels like The Cowboys & STeelers & Pats & Colts chennels are gonna sell like hotcakes,,,so the NFL can eitehr sell the channels seperately to us or we buy all 32. i don't care either way...Thoughts bro?

jdbillsfan
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm in. Would love a Bills channel. Bills Channel for 10 bucks a month or something...

trapezeus
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
the bills have drafted well??? Donahoe was elite? what?

Again, the conversation about fans or not a fan is a joke. here we are during our work hours writing our feelings about the team. we are all fans.

We are sick of being taken for granted. Every other team has the luxury of boycotting the team if the team consistently does stupid stuff. we are bound out of the threat of moving to support this team. it's become welfare for ralph.

It's pathetic that they kept him. we all know why.

don't tell me they drafted well when they've missed in the 10 years on a #4 on Mike williams, on a franchise QB in bledsoe that was a first round trade, a franchise QB in losman, missing on whitner on 8, roscoe as their first pick of round 2.

then in the 4-7 rounds, they constantly don't feel like they are good enough to put out there. they picked up rhodes instead of getting omon into the game. this is what he is there for. We could have spent that money on a LB which we don't have enough of. or aDL that can let stroud rest and/or push the pocket back.

I just want a winning team and i'm tired of the fans who can make us excuses as to why we should hope this year will be better. i'll happily eat crow and become the boards whipping boy if then go 16-0 or make the playoffs. but i just don't see that happening. without the acquisition of TO, i think everyone would have jumped ship in protest. that bills logo is as much ours the fans is it is ralphs. he and the front office are making a mockery of it, and some of us have to voice our opinions so we can get it back and be a real AFC team that can be competitive for a superbowl.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
DraftBoy just call back and get someone else. Soon or later youll get someone to give you a deal. Remember you dont get to see games in HD without SuperFan which you can get free instead of paying $100 doing same method.

DraftBoy
08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
DraftBoy just call back and get someone else. Soon or later youll get someone to give you a deal. Remember you dont get to see games in HD without SuperFan which you can get free instead of paying $100 doing same method.

I dont care about the HD all that much. If they throw it in cool, but Im not going to ask for it, or pay for it. Its not that big of a deal to me personally.

BlackMetalNinja
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM

Brand New Customers get 5 months of top package programming, DirecTV, free equipment, and install for only 60.00 bucks, but if you were a prior customer then its the 59.99 on top of the monthly package price. Sucks but what can you do?I had the exact same issue last year. I bought my house and got DirecTV in June, and they started offering that deal in late July... wasn't happy at all.

DraftBoy
08-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I had the exact same issue last year. I bought my house and got DirecTV in June, and they started offering that deal in late July... wasn't happy at all.

Were you able to do anything about it? Or did you just swallow the $300 pill?

!Papacrunk!
08-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I watched every single game during the one win season--will watch no matter what, thick and thin

SquishDaFish
08-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Im the same way Papa

Marvelous
08-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I never got a "deal" on superfan.. And to watch the games in standard def is NOT POSSIBLE since non HD programming is beyond horrible on plasma sets..It looks like ass & you cant even see the words let alone read them....

OpIv37
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Got it.

What's with all you DC-area people who have never met up with us for the Zone lunches, preseason games, games in Baltimore, etc?

Anyway, getting back on topic, the analogy to the horror movie where you know the ending is perfect. I have never had less confidence in any Bills teams, and I was one of the only people who predicted the 2005 downfall after the 2004 playoff run. This team simply hasn't improved enough over last year. Meanwhile, we have a harder schedule and the rest of our division either improved or held steady. We didn't close the talent gap at all.

Like a sucker, I still bought Sunday Ticket and I'll still watch every second of every game. I might even go to a game. But it's because being a fan is so illogical.

I used to mock fans who give up on the team, but I fully understand why they they do it at this point. This organization is such a cluster**** that there's little hope of them getting it right. I liken being a Bills fan to being short stacked in a poker game and becoming pot committed- you know there's at least an 85% chance that it's going to end badly, but you've already invested too much to back out now.

OpIv37
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I never got a "deal" on superfan.. And to watch the games in standard def is NOT POSSIBLE since non HD programming is beyond horrible on plasma sets..It looks like ass & you cant even see the words let alone read them....

I feel the same way about HD.

But if you get stuck watching SD programming, try putting it to native format and not using the stretch or zoom. It still won't look good and you'll have the "pillar box" effect, but at least it won't be distorted.

/:nerd:

NorthCarBills
08-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I dont post much but I could not resist this one. I live in NC and got Direct TV in 1999 simply to get Sunday Ticket and follow the Bills. Still have Direct TV and have kept Sunday Ticket every year.

This was the first year I called and actually told them to cancel. I've been so disgruntled for a decade, but like most of us it's a sick addiction and we keep coming back.

Two weeks ago it was a very cool summer morning, especially for late July in NC. The air had a fall kinda feeling and I was drinking my coffee outside. It smelled and felt like football.

I called Direct TV the next day and told them I wanted it back. They gave me free superfan and a discounted price for the ticket.

I'm happy again, things feel right in the world, and yet still dont expect much from the Bills. I hope it's a surprisingly great season, but no matter what I'll watch the games.

madness
08-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I watched every single game during the one win season--will watch no matter what, thick and thin
I would just like you to know that I had to use my other hand to force my finger to click on the "thank you" button. It is now football season, after all.

:squish:

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I dont care about the HD all that much. If they throw it in cool, but Im not going to ask for it, or pay for it. Its not that big of a deal to me personally.

I had free Sunday Ticket last season and it was standard definition. It was horrible. Nothing worse than watching standard def football or hockey on a nice big LCD or plasma. I wanted to stab my eyes out. If you don't care than I can assume your TV is mediochre. Because the nicer the TV, the worse standard def looks.

BlackMetalNinja
08-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Were you able to do anything about it? Or did you just swallow the $300 pill?They gave me 3 months of HBO and Starz for free... I already had free Showtime.

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 09:59 AM
as much as the bills piss me off, i'd get directv if i could. i hate wandering to a bar, seeing that the bills game is secondary concern and having a small television with no sound buying food i don't really want.

There was nothing better as a kid than sprinting to the TV still in my pajamas after reading the buffalo news and settling into the couch or the bed in the guest bedroom and watching the bills.

again, i can't get direcTV where i am. so i am stuck having to go to a bar. and while there is a billsbackers bar, its hard to get a seat there and watching them lose with a ton of buffalo fans is worse than just going through it alone.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
as much as the bills piss me off, i'd get directv if i could. i hate wandering to a bar, seeing that the bills game is secondary concern and having a small television with no sound buying food i don't really want.

There was nothing better as a kid than sprinting to the TV still in my pajamas after reading the buffalo news and settling into the couch or the bed in the guest bedroom and watching the bills.

again, i can't get direcTV where i am. so i am stuck having to go to a bar. and while there is a billsbackers bar, its hard to get a seat there and watching them lose with a ton of buffalo fans is worse than just going through it alone.

Can't you go to the NYC Bills Backers bar?

DraftBoy
08-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I had free Sunday Ticket last season and it was standard definition. It was horrible. Nothing worse than watching standard def football or hockey on a nice big LCD or plasma. I wanted to stab my eyes out. If you don't care than I can assume your TV is mediochre. Because the nicer the TV, the worse standard def looks.

Ive watched football in HD at my parents house and in SD at my house the entire time. I have a big enough TV as is, and Im not wasting money on upgrading to a bigger newer tv. I can see the words and plays just find on SD, anybody who can't either is lying or needs to get their eyes checked. We lasted decades upon decades doing just fine when SD was the only option but now with HD being available SD apparently has suddenly gotten so bad, nobody can even read it? Please...

Im not saying HD isnt far superior because clearly it is in every way imaginable however its not something that is even on my list of top 100 things that are important to me when watching a football game.

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Can't you go to the NYC Bills Backers bar?

i can and do a couple times a year. but there are two bars. mcfaddens is for the drinkers who don't care about the game as much as they do about the beers. it gets packed in there. the second bar next door, is calico jacks and is more laid back but less seating. When we go, we call on tuesday at 12 when the start taking reservations. and often times if you don't call in that first half hour, you have no shot at getting a table.

The ambience is fun and great. and i'd definitely go for a playoff game, but i travel for the home games back to buffalo. so i'd like to get the other 8 games from the comfort of my own home.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
i can and do a couple times a year. but there are two bars. mcfaddens is for the drinkers who don't care about the game as much as they do about the beers. it gets packed in there. the second bar next door, is calico jacks and is more laid back but less seating. When we go, we call on tuesday at 12 when the start taking reservations. and often times if you don't call in that first half hour, you have no shot at getting a table.

The ambience is fun and great. and i'd definitely go for a playoff game, but i travel for the home games back to buffalo. so i'd like to get the other 8 games from the comfort of my own home.

You drive to Buffalo for ALL home games? If so, wow, I'm impressed. I did it one season from Ithaca, but that was only 2.5-3 hours drive.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-12-2009, 11:28 AM
False, it's what seperates the fans who are willing to live on prayer and faith and those fans who know the game and actually want to see improvement year to year. this argument from the fans who refuse to acknowledge where the deficiencies are are the ones who get the most disappointment.

Either Jauron is a coach who is too conservative, runs the wrong scheme for his talent, and is a horrible gameday manager or he's a genius that has been throwing games for the last 7 years until he can surprise us all as being the next coming of Lombardi.

Fans are free to pick either way they want.

So, are you trying to say I don't know the game? FANS will always stick by the team... the others cancel their sunday ticket. They refuse to watch the buffalo bills because they obviously dont believe the Bills have any shot at being successful

Marvelous
08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Draftboy, your not understanding my issue & the avg issue about SD on HD sets..
-My SAMSUNG 37' IS A HD Flat Pannel & whenever the signal is in SD the TV looks choppy & very mediocre..Whenever D-tv didnt have the Bills in HD, We would go to our old SOny Trinitron from late 90's and it looks fine...
-BUt it's not even debatable that the newer TV's can't put out any quality w/ a SD signal. Which did suck. But the good news is that i think all 16 games we'r ein HD last year. & I'm 99% possitive that they will always be in HD from here out.

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 01:37 PM
So, are you trying to say I don't know the game? FANS will always stick by the team... the others cancel their sunday ticket. They refuse to watch the buffalo bills because they obviously dont believe the Bills have any shot at being successful

you may very well know the game, but you are letting your emotion effect what you see with your very own eyes to be true.

I don't have sunday ticket. i fly into buffalo for the home games, though this year, not all of them because of the number of 4pm starts and no late flights to make up for that. but i do think that the bills ownership looks at the profitability. And they are profitable putting out a joke of a team. We sell out the stadium. If they were forced to not play the "we'll move the team" card, we'd be able to protest in such a way that we'd get a better team.

Like i said, we all want the same thing for this team. I just don't know why people are willing to make excuses for a coach who always seems to have the excuses ready. This team isn't ready to be competitive yet.

Marvelous
08-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I dont understand(no sarcasm), i watch every game, i follow our medicore & star players closely. And on & on, but if we stink it up, I get just as PO'D as anyone,
--BUT--I have never not been excited about next weeks game & have bent over backwards to make sure i'm on the ocuch for said game... Winning is awesome & losing sucks. Is it that some fans it's Win or NOTTA??

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 02:13 PM
i'm just tired of losing. yes, i wake up excited for each game. like sam becket hoping that this is the jump to a different life and a different style of bills. yet i am greeted each time with such lame playcalls. it's not going to change with jauron. and if it does, it'll be because of some other supernatural force.

i just hate that the bills management has subjected us to another season that many of us seeing as even less fruitful than the last couple ones.