• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Typ0's Analysis Of Situation With Team

They aren't very good. They cannot get a yard when they need to get one and they can't stop the other team from getting a yard either. The defensive is soft. It wouldn't surprise me if we won less than 6 games this year.
  • Griff
    • Jul 2008

Re: Typ0's Analysis Of Situation With Team

Originally posted by Typ0
    They aren't very good. They cannot get a yard when they need to get one and they can't stop the other team from getting a yard either. The defensive is soft. It wouldn't surprise me if we won less than 6 games this year.
    all this from the extra preseason game against the team with the best record last year

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Glad you don't play for them.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

You got all of that off 2 series of the starters in the very first PRESEASON game??

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I saw the same defense I saw last year. Soft and hoping for huge plays at a constant rate to get by...except we don't have the huge playmakers. We have a better team than last year and a schedule that's twice as difficult too. Hang in there optimists you have at least another month before you will be shot down.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

congratulations

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

is having an arrogant dumbass call me a chicken supposed to have some effect?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Why do you feel like you've been called a chicken? Maybe he himself was the chicken, and the "congrats" was the chicken's quote.

Besides, I agree with Griff.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                  Why do you feel like you've been called a chicken? Maybe he himself was the chicken, and the "congrats" was the chicken's quote.

Besides, I agree with Griff.

My thread. Seems like name calling to me. You're right though not very well articulated.

You can agree with anyone. I don't. Yes it was a meaningless pre-season game but the defensive strategy is not going to suddenly change come regular season. We are seeing them take the field with the schemes they are going to be using and they just don't cut it IMO. With our approach and lack of guys to really bottle up the middle we will only have moments of success and pretty consistent failure especially on third downs.

I desperately wish the prognosis to be better. At least I have the guts to tell it like I see it. I think the offense may take great strides this season but even if they do they aren't a big enough band-aid for a defense that can't stop a good offense.
                  Last edited by Typ0; 08-11-2009, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I saw the same defense I saw last year. Soft and hoping for huge plays at a constant rate to get by...except we don't have the huge playmakers. We have a better team than last year and a schedule that's twice as difficult too. Hang in there optimists you have at least another month before you will be shot down.
                    It's very early, but I agree with you about the D having the same problems as last year, namely no pass rush, and the dbs playing way too far off the opposing receivers.

What I'm hoping for is some improvement in the pass rush (Schobel being healthy, Ellis making a contribution, and Maybin getting to camp in time to make a difference) plus McCargo, Posluszny, McKelvin, Whitner and a few others raising their level of play. And perhaps one of the young LBs taking over for Ellison.

We should be better on O, with TO, a maturing Edwards, more depth at RB, a tougher O-line and the TEs factoring in more than in the past.

So, because we still have better than a month until opening night, I'm cautiously optimistic.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      and the dbs playing way too far off the opposing receivers.

this has me more frustrated than anything and I wish someone could explain to me why. It's like they want to make sure the other team can only get twelve yards at a time. Utter stupidity.

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

I believe you just answered your own question.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Typo, maybe as preseason progresses the D line adds some stunts and the Bills rush some LBs. Maybe Maybin would have made a differnce on that 3rd and long. And, maybe with this stuff going on the DB press at the line.

Maybe they were being vanilla for the first game. If you recall they came out flying Vs. Seattle in the regular season last year.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Our CB's can offset us not being able to stop them. As long as they keep turning the ball over to us, I'm good.

j/k sort of. I wasn't that impressed with our D either, and thought they were better last year. But, it was a meaningless game where our starters didn't play an entire game. They didn't even let Trent play a full quarter (he's our 23centsback) but I was impressed that Corner picked off the ball. Had Baker not thrown his int, it would have been another "come back game" and people would not be *****ing about every little thing. Not saying you're *****ing, just saying it's too early to lose hope.
                            Last edited by mybills; 08-11-2009, 07:44 AM.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                              j/k sort of. I wasn't that impressed with our D either, and thought they were better last year. But, it was a meaningless game where our starters didn't play an entire game. They didn't even let Trent play a full quarter (he's our 23centsback) but I was impressed that Corner picked off the ball. Had Baker not thrown his int, it would have been another "come back game" and people would not be *****ing about every little thing. Not saying you're *****ing, just saying it's too early to lose hope.
                              I always laugh at these guys that write off the season after 1 preseason game. Granted, it'll probably happen but it's still funny to watch them get all bent out of shape about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X