PDA

View Full Version : Typ0's Analysis Of Situation With Team

Typ0
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
They aren't very good. They cannot get a yard when they need to get one and they can't stop the other team from getting a yard either. The defensive is soft. It wouldn't surprise me if we won less than 6 games this year.

Griff
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
They aren't very good. They cannot get a yard when they need to get one and they can't stop the other team from getting a yard either. The defensive is soft. It wouldn't surprise me if we won less than 6 games this year.

all this from the extra preseason game against the team with the best record last year

Buffalogic
08-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Glad you don't play for them.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2009, 03:11 AM
You got all of that off 2 series of the starters in the very first PRESEASON game??

Typ0
08-11-2009, 06:55 AM
I saw the same defense I saw last year. Soft and hoping for huge plays at a constant rate to get by...except we don't have the huge playmakers. We have a better team than last year and a schedule that's twice as difficult too. Hang in there optimists you have at least another month before you will be shot down.

BAM
08-11-2009, 06:58 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2005/11/07/chicken128.jpg

congratulations

Typ0
08-11-2009, 07:03 AM
is having an arrogant dumbass call me a chicken supposed to have some effect?

yordad
08-11-2009, 07:16 AM
is having an arrogant dumbass call me a chicken supposed to have some effect?Why do you feel like you've been called a chicken? Maybe he himself was the chicken, and the "congrats" was the chicken's quote.

Besides, I agree with Griff.

Typ0
08-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Why do you feel like you've been called a chicken? Maybe he himself was the chicken, and the "congrats" was the chicken's quote.

Besides, I agree with Griff.

My thread. Seems like name calling to me. You're right though not very well articulated.

You can agree with anyone. I don't. Yes it was a meaningless pre-season game but the defensive strategy is not going to suddenly change come regular season. We are seeing them take the field with the schemes they are going to be using and they just don't cut it IMO. With our approach and lack of guys to really bottle up the middle we will only have moments of success and pretty consistent failure especially on third downs.

I desperately wish the prognosis to be better. At least I have the guts to tell it like I see it. I think the offense may take great strides this season but even if they do they aren't a big enough band-aid for a defense that can't stop a good offense.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2009, 07:19 AM
I saw the same defense I saw last year. Soft and hoping for huge plays at a constant rate to get by...except we don't have the huge playmakers. We have a better team than last year and a schedule that's twice as difficult too. Hang in there optimists you have at least another month before you will be shot down.
It's very early, but I agree with you about the D having the same problems as last year, namely no pass rush, and the dbs playing way too far off the opposing receivers.

What I'm hoping for is some improvement in the pass rush (Schobel being healthy, Ellis making a contribution, and Maybin getting to camp in time to make a difference) plus McCargo, Posluszny, McKelvin, Whitner and a few others raising their level of play. And perhaps one of the young LBs taking over for Ellison.

We should be better on O, with TO, a maturing Edwards, more depth at RB, a tougher O-line and the TEs factoring in more than in the past.

So, because we still have better than a month until opening night, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Typ0
08-11-2009, 07:31 AM
and the dbs playing way too far off the opposing receivers.

this has me more frustrated than anything and I wish someone could explain to me why. It's like they want to make sure the other team can only get twelve yards at a time. Utter stupidity.

BAM
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM
is having an arrogant dumbass call me a chicken supposed to have some effect?

I believe you just answered your own question. ;)

yordad
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Typo, maybe as preseason progresses the D line adds some stunts and the Bills rush some LBs. Maybe Maybin would have made a differnce on that 3rd and long. And, maybe with this stuff going on the DB press at the line.

Maybe they were being vanilla for the first game. :idunno: If you recall they came out flying Vs. Seattle in the regular season last year.

mybills
08-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Our CB's can offset us not being able to stop them. As long as they keep turning the ball over to us, I'm good. :D

j/k sort of. I wasn't that impressed with our D either, and thought they were better last year. But, it was a meaningless game where our starters didn't play an entire game. They didn't even let Trent play a full quarter (he's our 23centsback) but I was impressed that Corner picked off the ball. Had Baker not thrown his int, it would have been another "come back game" and people would not be *****ing about every little thing. Not saying you're *****ing, just saying it's too early to lose hope.

BAM
08-11-2009, 07:46 AM
j/k sort of. I wasn't that impressed with our D either, and thought they were better last year. But, it was a meaningless game where our starters didn't play an entire game. They didn't even let Trent play a full quarter (he's our 23centsback) but I was impressed that Corner picked off the ball. Had Baker not thrown his int, it would have been another "come back game" and people would not be *****ing about every little thing. Not saying you're *****ing, just saying it's too early to lose hope.

I always laugh at these guys that write off the season after 1 preseason game. Granted, it'll probably happen but it's still funny to watch them get all bent out of shape about it.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2009, 07:51 AM
I always laugh at these guys that write off the season after 1 preseason game. Granted, it'll probably happen but it's still funny to watch them get all bent out of shape about it.
Me too Bammer it is ridiculous.

I am not saying Typo won't be right on but Come on....

justasportsfan
08-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I don't get it typo. You had 3 years to assess the coaching staff yet you came up with "Dick is a good coach". After one preseason game which to me was nothing more than a scrimmage type of game and try outs, you come up with a conclusion for the rest of the season predicting we won't be good? THen how is it Dick is a good coach if the team isn't good in his 4th year?

BAM
08-11-2009, 08:00 AM

Quit being arrogant here, THURM...

justasportsfan
08-11-2009, 08:11 AM
this has me more frustrated than anything and I wish someone could explain to me why. It's like they want to make sure the other team can only get twelve yards at a time. Utter stupidity.

it's Dicks philosophy of bend don't break. Play not to lose philosophy. How is he a good coach again? :idunno:

madness
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM

I guess the Titans are stupid too. Stupid Titans.

jamze132
08-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, the Bills will probably suck this year but we didn't need an extra pre-season game to figure that out. The game had some of the exact same type of play that we have grown accustomed to throughout the Dick Jauron era, pre-season or not.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Quit being arrogant here, THURM...
I just can't help it.... :ill:

Typ0
08-11-2009, 11:33 AM

I'm not one of those people. I am saying this more based on philosophy. You can even compare to our offense. Our offensive philosophy has changed. They have grown and learned. The defensive philosophy looked like the same pansy ass crap that killed us last year. That is very telling even though it's only preseason. I'd like to think I'm overreacting but I'm not.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not one of those people. I am saying this more based on philosophy. You can even compare to our offense. Our offensive philosophy has changed. They have grown and learned. The defensive philosophy looked like the same pansy ass crap that killed us last year. That is very telling even though it's only preseason. I'd like to think I'm overreacting but I'm not.

Well I do hope you are overreacting...

justasportsfan
08-11-2009, 11:35 AM

and to think the "good coach" who "built a winning culture" has a defensive coaching background..

Typ0
08-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Well I do hope you are overreacting...

Then you must be one of those people that thinks the entire defensive philosophy will be changed during the week of the opener...and then they will have zero practice under the new defense.

thenry20
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
My beef with this team is the inability to gain 3 yards on 2 plays. Same ole b.s. from the past few years. Last year was no different for the guys up front to open holes. It seemed the only way we could score TD's with Marshawn was if the LOS was placed at the 10 yard line or beyond. We had no probs ramming it down the other teams' throats then.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Granted its going to be the same base D as last year but do you think they are going to show their hands on D or O before the season especially game 1 of preseason?? Come on now

Typ0
08-11-2009, 10:09 PM
My beef with this team is the inability to gain 3 yards on 2 plays. Same ole b.s. from the past few years. Last year was no different for the guys up front to open holes. It seemed the only way we could score TD's with Marshawn was if the LOS was placed at the 10 yard line or beyond. We had no probs ramming it down the other teams' throats then.

we haven't gotten the line play to shove it down anyone's throats. Now we are relying on the no huddle gimmick to wear down the defense and help us get those yards later in the game. We are at least a year away from being good and probably much more depending on how good our last draft really was.

Novacane
08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm excited for football season. We still have the same loser coach so you may very well be right Typo but until it happens I'm hoping for the best.

Typ0
08-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm excited too but would prefer not to have an early exit. I still find myself thinking we have glaring holes that don't cut it.

Philagape
08-12-2009, 09:11 AM

Wow, that's some deep analysis. Surely worthy of its third-person title.

TheBrownBear
08-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Agree with Typo. Still looks like a Dick Jauron coached team...which is not good from a fan standpoint. I believe we'll be lucky to win seven games.

I'm also not looking forward to the T.O. drama when we're sitting at 2-5.

mybills
08-12-2009, 09:37 AM
2-5? :rofl:

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 09:38 AM
all this from the extra preseason game against the team with the best record last year

Do you not what your team to be at least competitive with the best team so that they have a legitimate chance at winning in the playoffs? Has one bills drive set the bar so low that people just want to get into the playoffs.

It is preseason and early, so as fans we should be able to believe we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and the superbowl. but in that first game of the starters, we saw sloppy play on d. Again with not enough push... Receiveres open everywhere. our LB's slow in pursuit our secondary overpursuing, etc. Whether its a plain vanilla preseason unit or our midseason unit, they looked the same. it's a major cause for concern. Starters vs starters, we didn't hold our own. Another issue is that our D does not get turnovers. If we want to be a bend but don't break defense, we need turnovers badly. they didn't do it last year, and i didn't see anyone going for the strip or being remotely close to getting an interception. Corner's interception was an overthrow from a 4th string QB....something we hear in buffalo like to call our backup.

On offense, the run line didn't establish the LOS early. They didn't let marshawn or Fred Jackon get more than a couple hard fought yards. On pass plays, it was ok, but levitre got destroyed. At this point, it seems like the offense is going to have to get into a footrace with everyteam and be nearly flawless. because our d will bleed out yards and TOP.

Griff
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Do you not what your team to be at least competitive with the best team so that they have a legitimate chance at winning in the playoffs? Has one bills drive set the bar so low that people just want to get into the playoffs.

It is preseason and early, so as fans we should be able to believe we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and the superbowl. but in that first game of the starters, we saw sloppy play on d. Again with not enough push... Receiveres open everywhere. our LB's slow in pursuit our secondary overpursuing, etc. Whether its a plain vanilla preseason unit or our midseason unit, they looked the same. it's a major cause for concern. Starters vs starters, we didn't hold our own. Another issue is that our D does not get turnovers. If we want to be a bend but don't break defense, we need turnovers badly. they didn't do it last year, and i didn't see anyone going for the strip or being remotely close to getting an interception. Corner's interception was an overthrow from a 4th string QB....something we hear in buffalo like to call our backup.

On offense, the run line didn't establish the LOS early. They didn't let marshawn or Fred Jackon get more than a couple hard fought yards. On pass plays, it was ok, but levitre got destroyed. At this point, it seems like the offense is going to have to get into a footrace with everyteam and be nearly flawless. because our d will bleed out yards and TOP.

wow, even more from the first 2 drives of the first preseason game of the year. Seriously people, in the early 90s we hardly won a preseason game. The preseason outcome doesn't matter, what matters is that guys like Trent get a little offseason rust off, and the coaches can make educated decisions about who stays and who goes.

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
to compare these jauron teams to the 90's teams is even more delusional than saying, "this team sucked for 3 years under jauron, they showed they will do the same thing that they've been doing and i am under the impression that very little will change and i will be annoyed throughout the season."

The bills have been rusty for 3 years. They don't execute well during game day, they don't make the right personnel decisions on who to play and who to sit half the time.

I didn't expect the bills to drive the field and score on both drives or hold the titans to 3 and outs. but it looked very very similiar to the games during that 2-8 stretch.

I'll give you this, if the bills Oline looks better and better through preseason that may be reason to give a jauron clap. However, they clearly showed they are a long way from hanging in with a good team in preseason.

Please don't tell me they are just working off rust and going to be vastly different team in new england. history shows and jauron's personality confirms that this team will keep playing uninspired ball at college levels.

I hope its not true, but you'd have to be someone who totally disregards all logic when making predictions.