X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

I think Harris will take Ellison's Job

Watching Harris in the preseason game, the kid flies around and attacks ball carriers. The way he tackled Young, he looks like a real player. He seems to have that edge that Ellison doesn't. They are both fast, smart LBs but Harris seems to play with more of an attacking mentality.

Not to take it too far but he looks like a Derrick Brooks type player from the way he runs and hits. Also looks much stronger and more powerful than Ellison.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: I think Harris will take Ellison's Job

agreed.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Harris still has a lot to learn. I don't think it will happen at the start but if the opportunity is there during the season, he'll jump on it.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Anyone but that bum Ellison.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Harris showed natural instincts to get to the ball carrier that is something you cant teach, his enthuisiam and speed were to things Ellison hasnt showed in 3yrs here, he is also bigger and looks stronger
          in my opinion it is only a matter of time for ellison to take a seat
          i loved the pick when we took him i hope he can be the man ellison is a joke out there
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I hope he does....Ellison stinks.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

I like Ellison, he could be a great backup!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Great thread and great points. What I saw of Harris on Sunday was a Cover 2 style attack LBer. He looked bigger and quicker than I thought he would, and although he may not start the season as a starter, he will definitely be in the mix and will most likely get a look at some point this year. Granted, he has a lot to learn about pursuit angles and not overplaying the ball, but if he does, he will be ready to roll. If Ellison gets hurt, it may be his last game as a starter for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

My dream is that Ellison goes down with a 6 week injury and the staff is forced to put Harris in there. I think he starts but being a rookie Dickie will be hessitant to put him in there at first so an injury opens that door that much quicker.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                    • Feb 2008

One thing I noticed when watching the game over. Harris is a good tackler and can read the plays realy well and is pretty good in the passing game, Bowen is also a good tackler but tackles to high at times and isnt as good at reading plays. You can tell Nic was a saftey by how well he is at reading plays

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

just a counter point.. ellison was on the field while our starting defense was all over their run game.

i still hate him as a player and hope that harris is starting week 1.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        just a counter point.. ellison was on the field while our starting defense was all over their run game.

i still hate him as a player and hope that harris is starting week 1.
                        He was on the field but was he in on any of the plays?

I looked it up. Him and Stroud stopped White for a 5 yard gain. He also had two tackles in coverage that went for more than 10 yards although I'm not sure if they were his guys. Other than that, I hardly remember seeing him so it's safe to say he was pretty invisible out there.

1-8-BUF 8 (6:55) 25-L.White left guard to BUF 3 for 5 yards (56-K.Ellison, 99-M.Stroud).

2-13-TEN 33 (15:00) 5-K.Collins pass short left to 83-A.Crumpler pushed ob at TEN 45 for 12 yards (56-K.Ellison).
                        3-1-TEN 45 (15:00) 5-K.Collins pass short middle to 83-A.Crumpler to BUF 40 for 15 yards (56-K.Ellison).
                        Last edited by madness; 08-11-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by madness
                          He was on the field but was he in on any of the plays?

I looked it up. Him and Stroud stopped White for a 5 yard gain. He also had two tackles in coverage that went for more than 10 yards although I'm not sure if they were his guys. Other than that, I hardly remember seeing him so it's safe to say he was pretty invisible out there.

1-8-BUF 8 (6:55) 25-L.White left guard to BUF 3 for 5 yards (56-K.Ellison, 99-M.Stroud).

2-13-TEN 33 (15:00) 5-K.Collins pass short left to 83-A.Crumpler pushed ob at TEN 45 for 12 yards (56-K.Ellison).
                          3-1-TEN 45 (15:00) 5-K.Collins pass short middle to 83-A.Crumpler to BUF 40 for 15 yards (56-K.Ellison).
                          Ellison is simply one of those guys thats always there at the end of a play but rarely there to make one happen.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

I hope so, I love the kid.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                            X