PDA

View Full Version : After watching the replay (Levitre)

Mitchell55
08-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Why did Levitre play the whole game? Normally no one plays over 2 quarters but Levitre was there from beginning to end.

billsfanone
08-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Get work in I guess.

Dr. Lecter
08-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Because he has been named the starter and needs as much work as possible.

madness
08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Wood was in for most of the game as well. They need all the snaps they can get if they're going to be starting.

Mitchell55
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
But why didnt bell then. It seems like they only keep players in for a long time when they are questionable about starting. Like when McKelvin played untill late 2nd quarter. Hes fighting with Florence for starter based on Collinsworth

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
bell played a very good portion of teh game.. bell was still in there with Scott on the other side.

BillsWin
08-11-2009, 01:21 PM
needs the work.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 01:24 PM
But why didnt bell then. It seems like they only keep players in for a long time when they are questionable about starting. Like when McKelvin played untill late 2nd quarter. Hes fighting with Florence for starter based on Collinsworth
Bell is not a rookie and also I think they realize Bell may just be a starter sooner rather than later.

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
yeah.. bell did look very good i though. his strength is definately much improved.

i do think we are being quite hard on Levitre.. i mean it was the guys first game ever and he has been in camp for 2 week.

let's not crucify the guy just yet.. there is a good chance that he will be fine.

CAbills
08-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Bell didn't play the whole game because he hurt his shoulder in the 3rd quarter so they took him out. At least that's what I heard.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 01:43 PM
yeah.. bell did look very good i though. his strength is definately much improved.

i do think we are being quite hard on Levitre.. i mean it was the guys first game ever and he has been in camp for 2 week.

let's not crucify the guy just yet.. there is a good chance that he will be fine.
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/11/levitre-grades-out-well-vs-titans/

According to our OL coach Levitre was our best linemen in the game. Really, one play doesn't speak for an entire game.

madness
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm not buying that. There were a few plays were he could have done more. As for the one play, that actually could have been called for illegal hands to the face.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not buying that. There were a few plays were he could have done more. As for the one play, that actually could have been called for illegal hands to the face.
if he had just said "Andy did fine and im not worried" then you could say that yer not buying it....

But he went as far as to say that Andy graded out as the best OL in the game.

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
he might have said that.. but wow it is tough to swallow.. i thought wood looked significantly better.

mayotm
08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
if he had just said "Andy did fine and im not worried" then you could say that yer not buying it....

But he went as far as to say that Andy graded out as the best OL in the game.Interesting that Jaron noted that. I just re-watched the game. I didn't think Levitre was even close to as bad as people posted. He got pushed back on Edwards' interception. He was not being consistently being blown off line like many here have suggested.

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
ok.. im calling total bull**** on this one.. that is effing impossible.

Working hard in practice and with strength and conditioning coordinator J.T. Allaire, Levitre has successfully added six pounds of lean muscle to his frame in just over a week of camp and is checking in at about 301 to 302 according to Kugler.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Interesting that Jaron noted that. I just re-watched the game. I didn't think Levitre was even close to as bad as people posted. He got pushed back on Edwards' interception. He was not being consistently being blown off line like many here have suggested.
It was actually Kugler that noted that.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
6 pounds for these guys is nothing. They put that on and lose it very easily. Even Lynch talked about how his weight fluctuates between 230 and 215 throughout camp.

camelcowboy
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Flax seed oil

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
6 pounds is fine.. you can sweat that out

6 pounds of lean muscle in 1 week is total bull****.. i dont care what anyone says.. i lift and take supplements and play hockey 4-6 days a week.. it is impossible to add 6 lbs in 1 week.. impossible.

so i guess maybe could get to 275lb before the season starts with no problem.. hell.. he has probably been working out while waiting to sign.. so if he was 260, he should be 275 by now.

Dr. Pepper
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM

6 pounds of lean muscle in 1 week is total bull****.. i dont care what anyone says.. i lift and take supplements and play hockey 4-6 days a week.. it is impossible to add 6 lbs in 1 week.. impossible.

so i guess maybe could get to 275lb before the season starts with no problem.. hell.. he has probably been working out while waiting to sign.. so if he was 260, he should be 275 by now.

whats impossible for you may not be impossible for another man, especially one who weighs 300lbs and is a professional athlete.

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 02:23 PM

While it sounds hard to believe... I dont see why he would lie or make it up.

jamze132
08-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Mediocrity is considered success in Buffalo.

DraftBoy
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM

He could be fine and he showed signs at times of being a good OG, however his hand placement for the most part sucked, his footwork was not anywhere near good, and his anchor position was just bad. The starters destroyed him, the 2nd string guys have him serious trouble, and then finally in the 2nd half he started to look good against mostly 3rd string players, and even then Marks still beat him a few times. Levitre's biggest issue is just his technique, he is extremely raw, and moving a position doesnt help at all. Im by no means saying he was a bad pick or that he's a bust either. Just pointing out what I saw.

And I dont care what Krugler says or what CB reports to be honest, nothing more than Bills PR at this point.

DraftBoy
08-12-2009, 07:47 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/11/levitre-grades-out-well-vs-titans/

According to our OL coach Levitre was our best linemen in the game. Really, one play doesn't speak for an entire game.

Some of us aren't harping on that one obvious play, there were plenty of other mistakes that were made continually.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Flax seed oil

LOL YEA, OK. Flax seed oil is a natural fat. Taking a dose even everyday isn't going to do **** to your weight.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM

I'm with you on this. Losing 6 lbs in a week? Yea, fine. Putting on 6lb of LEAN muscle? NO. WAY. Complete bull****. Anyone who lifts knows this to be true.

Maybe the kid came in 6 lbs light and then drank a bunch of water and was weighed after lunch. But he did NOT put on 6lbs of muscle. Your muscles can't break down and rebuild that fast.