PDA

View Full Version : Brian Scott

Marvelous
08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Is he as good as he looks when he makes a awesome tackle & a great play ?
-I'm curious if he's that good why he doesn't start more.
-He played rotation last year. He's clearly better then FS Ko Simpson & i'm not sure how the rook Byrd will fit in, but i'm no way interested in forcing him into the lineup because he OWNED last year in college..
---I like WHitner ALOT but i admit i'm biased to our draftee's. I tend to support our boys longer & defend them against the masses because we drafted them & i dont wanna give up on them...
Example--Ryand Denney didn't make sportscenter last season filling in for Schobel but he was a tackling beast..
-example-2- Kelsay is very much liked by me & i think it's because o' how much i liked Phil Hansen back in the day.. A lunchpale type who holds his own, but is mostly disliked by the fans because of his lack of sexy stats- Sacks! i ODN'T NEED BOTH DE spots to be pro bowlers. If Maybin takes over for Schobel in a couple years, i'm fine with the LE, or other DE having 5 sack seasons. As ling as he can hold his own in run support. Kelsay does this. But is Schobel/RE is pooping then Kelsays minimal sexy production(i admit) is unnacceptable...

--Thoughts on Scott? He is really a heavy hitter. Is his skill the reason Whitner was moved to FS>? I always assumed it was for Whitners best interest..i think i was wrong... Was I?

Mahdi
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I think Scott is what he is. Smart, LBer mentality safety that is average in coverage.

He will be an asset at the LOS, wont do anything crazy in the pass game, and will at times be a liability in the pass game.

yordad
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Strong in run support, not the greatest range in the passing game. He matches up well with stud opposing Tight ends though.

I like him.

thenry20
08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
-He played rotation last year. He's clearly better then FS Ko Simpson & i'm not sure how the rook Byrd will fit in, but i'm no way interested in forcing him into the lineup because he OWNED last year in college..
---I like WHitner ALOT but i admit i'm biased to our draftee's. I tend to support our boys longer & defend them against the masses because we drafted them & i dont wanna give up on them...
Example--Ryand Denney didn't make sportscenter last season filling in for Schobel but he was a tackling beast..
-example-2- Kelsay is very much liked by me & i think it's because o' how much i liked Phil Hansen back in the day.. A lunchpale type who holds his own, but is mostly disliked by the fans because of his lack of sexy stats- Sacks! i ODN'T NEED BOTH DE spots to be pro bowlers. If Maybin takes over for Schobel in a couple years, i'm fine with the LE, or other DE having 5 sack seasons. As ling as he can hold his own in run support. Kelsay does this. But is Schobel/RE is pooping then Kelsays minimal sexy production(i admit) is unnacceptable...

--Thoughts on Scott? He is really a heavy hitter. Is his skill the reason Whitner was moved to FS>? I always assumed it was for Whitners best interest..i think i was wrong... Was I?

Did you just compare Kelsay to Hansen?!

bigbub2352
08-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Scott is better than Whitner at SS all day long he is physical in the run game, and also can cover TEs and RBs out of the backfeild
He is a solid SS and is gonna be a heck of a player for us
Whitner is holding this secondary back, when Byrd comes out and if he is as good as advertised at FS then Whitner should be the 1 going bye bye to the bench and solidfy his bust status

yordad
08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Scott was a second round pick, so it isn't like he is a scrub.

ServoBillieves
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Bryan*

Marvelous
08-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Did you just compare Kelsay to Hansen?!
They are both starters neither saw Hawaii, yet both continued to start. I'm willing to bet that Kelsays stats are similar to Phil Hansens. & MInd you bro, i own a Hansen jersey & am a huge fan..
--So YES i compaired him & don't agree that Kelsay sucks like the masses.. He only "sucks" if your waiting/hoping he emerges. He is what he is & that's a reliable starter. He won't win games for us & most of teh season on avg he wont cost us games either..
-Main thing is that his upside is reached. Most fans like the Madden way & that's improvements,improvements,improvements. If you take away that point o' view then i assume his fan support goes up bigtime. But fans are always on the lookout, or hoping that we find the next star/superstar etc. Sometimes we just settle with reliability. Ala Phil Hansen...

jamze132
08-12-2009, 12:20 AM

Brian Scott hasn't been to college in like 7 years.

Jan Reimers
08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I think he was talking about Byrd.

Marvelous
08-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks Jan.
-Yeah Jamzel, i meant the rook Byrd...

Night Train
08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Scott is a younger Lawyer Milloy.

A in the box Safety who plays like a 4th LB.