X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacher
    • Sep 2007

Steelers-Bills What to look for

So I was wondering, what parts of the Bills will REALLY give us a good feel for our team, and who on the BIlls will be fun to watch in preseason... and vice-versa.

1st. Our O=line needs a lot of improvement from last year. I haven't followed the Bills since last year, how is the D line and LB's looking for you all? I know the run game seemed to be shut down in your first PS game. So that might be a good test for us.

Our D line is the same, matter of fact, our entire defense is the same. Willie Gay will start this year, but he started last year too. So anything you see good in the first quarter or so from your offense... is against the number 1 defense from last year. No holes there.

Will your pass coverage be adequate at this point to judge our receivers against? We have a real battle for the number 3 receiver.

Fun to watch.

When a kid comes to the NFL with a name like "Frank the Tank" he is going get hit... HARD. He has taken quite a few hits in camp. It'll be fun to see him run as a FB and possibly as a HB in the game.

Our Kick return guys are all speedsters... with one of them being the second fastest guy in the draft this year. Should be fun to watch how that turns out against you all.

Who on your team will be fun to watch? I saw your low-round RB (If I remember right), he actually seemed to turn some heads. It was fun to watch him run.

Who else?

Good luck Thursday and here is to no injuries!! After all, it is only a preseason game.
    Preacher

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Steelers-Bills What to look for

well we have a game versus the bears before we can get to the steelers game.

in a better, jauronless world, this team would be going against some really good preseason competition to make us see how we stand. but since our coach is too afraid to try anything in preason, we just have to assume that we didn't try so hard in these games.

I'm guessing we aren't even close to being able to stop a team with a capable QB with 2 good receiveres and a decent run game.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

my eyes will be on Schobel. he didn't play much against Tennessee but he didn't impress me at all. i'm starting to wonder if he's washed up.

as for Frank Summers, he's a helluva a FB. i got a chance to see him play at UNLV. the Steelers have a good football player. i like him better than the highly touted Owen Schmitt. (sp?)
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
        well we have a game versus the bears before we can get to the steelers game.

in a better, jauronless world, this team would be going against some really good preseason competition to make us see how we stand. but since our coach is too afraid to try anything in preason, we just have to assume that we didn't try so hard in these games.

I'm guessing we aren't even close to being able to stop a team with a capable QB with 2 good receiveres and a decent run game.
        3 receivers, that rookie of theirs Wallace is pretty freaking good, Limas may step up his game this year.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

On Pittsburgh Ill be looking at players like;
          CB Joe Burnett
          WR Tyler Grisham
          DT Ziggy Hood
          CB Keenan Lewis
          QB Mike Reilly
          QB Dennis Dixon
          OC AQ Shipley
          FB Frank Summers
          OG Kraig Urbik
          WR Mike Wallace
          RB Rashard Mendenhall
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

I don't need to watch the game to see that we can't run block and cannot pressure an opposing qb.

Comment

Working...
            X