PDA

View Full Version : Is Maybin's agent an idiot?

chernobylwraiths
08-12-2009, 06:25 AM
The guy from what I hear is into slotting. He wants to know what the guy before and after his pick get before he can negotiate his client's contract. Why? I mean that's all you have to do is pick up a paper and find out the guy before you may not sign for a long time and it is going to be a huge detriment for your client if you wait. Add to that Maybin was picked before many thought he would be and you are losing your client a lot of money.

I think the guy might be related to Darcy Regeir. Let someone else figure out what he should make and then I'll sign him.

Nighthawk
08-12-2009, 06:28 AM
The guy from what I hear is into slotting. He wants to know what the guy before and after his pick get before he can negotiate his client's contract. Why? I mean that's all you have to do is pick up a paper and find out the guy before you may not sign for a long time and it is going to be a huge detriment for your client if you wait. Add to that Maybin was picked before many thought he would be and you are losing your client a lot of money.

I think the guy might be related to Darcy Regeir. Let someone else figure out what he should make and then I'll sign him.

I agree...the agent seems to be leading his client down the wrong path. I cannot wait until the NFL has a rookie salary cap and all this crap goes away!

X-Era
08-12-2009, 06:33 AM

I think its even dumber. If you know what Heyward-Bey got, and you know what Orakpo got, and you know how many picks there are between them, and how much of a difference in money there is... you can figure out how much less the contract should be from Heyward-Beys.

ddaryl
08-12-2009, 07:24 AM
I concur...

Is it really this difficult to find a tweener # given the info we already have... I think not

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
How hard is it to extrapolate? Seriously.

billsfanone
08-12-2009, 08:58 AM
This whole process of seeing first what the guy ahead of you gets has to be the most ******ing thing ever.

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Maybin should take charge of his own agent and tell him to get this thing done pronto. WTF.

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2009, 09:03 AM
In an answer to the thread title, YES!

Philagape
08-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Orakpo didn't wait for the guys ahead of him. Just sayin .... :D

SABURZFAN
08-12-2009, 09:16 AM
i think the agent is only looking out for his interest and doesn't want to lose anything from his cut.

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 11:01 AM

you ask that on a bills board where bills fans look at the preseason game vs the titans and refuse to extrapolate that the season looks to be another ugly one. Apparently, extrapolating can be very difficult.

psubills62
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Why is Maybin's agent an idiot? We may not agree with it, but he's basically looking out for himself.

If he goes ahead and does a contract for Maybin that is comparable but slightly higher than Moreno's, but at some point later Crabtree signs for beaucoup bucks then Maybin's agent is not going to look good. That means he won't get as many clients in the future.

He waits to slot them so he still looks good as an agent. Getting his client in on time is not as important as getting his client the correct amount of money.

psubills62
08-12-2009, 11:12 AM

Well technically we have data both ahead and behind Maybin, so it would be interpolating. Unless they only go off of Orakpo and Moreno's contract and forget about the higher picks.

cocamide
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Well technically we have data both ahead and behind Maybin, so it would be interpolating. Unless they only go off of Orakpo and Moreno's contract and forget about the higher picks.

I was going to say the same thing. :chuckle:

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
you ask that on a bills board where bills fans look at the preseason game vs the titans and refuse to extrapolate that the season looks to be another ugly one. Apparently, extrapolating can be very difficult.

The Titan's game, while merely preseason, just confirms what we already knew - we're in for another season of mediochrity. Those who refuse to admit are just in denial and will get a slap from the cold c*ck of truth soon enough.

chernobylwraiths
08-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not even talking as much about figuring out the money as he just has to look at the news to see that Crabtree might not sign for a while. This hurts his client too in that he is missing valuable learning time (albeit with possibly the worst HC in football). Lastly, if this works against Maybin and he loses a good chance to play much this year, he could think about changing agents.

Hemlepp53
08-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Those who refuse to admit are just in denile and will get a slap from the cold c*ck of truth soon enough.

Awaiting the slap of reality not the cold c*ok of truth. I am always in denile and always waiting for the sleeping giant to awake.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Awaiting the slap of reality not the cold c*ok of truth. I am always in denile and always waiting for the sleeping giant to awake.

My hopes are always high; expectations low - at least for now.

Hemlepp53
08-12-2009, 11:28 AM
My hopes are always high; expectations low - at least for now.

agreed. i put the failure of the orginization on the coaching staff. we have been productive with drafting an FA signing as of late.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
agreed. i put the failure of the orginization on the coaching staff. we have been productive with drafting an FA signing as of late.

I like our team right now with the exception of the defensive-end position. It's the teams biggest weakness, as it was last season. The whole defense suffers and looks terribly worse when the opposing QB is never pressured. Why are we even running the cover 2 when it requires pressuring the opposing QB and we're incapable of doing so? Maybin or no Maybin, depth at the position is crap on this team. We need the top DE free agent next offseason.

The Juice Is Loose
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I agree...the agent seems to be leading his client down the wrong path. I cannot wait until the NFL has a rookie salary cap and all this crap goes away!

But for a franchise to stand up to a greedy agent/rookie player would be "ignorant"?