X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Is Maybin's agent an idiot?

The guy from what I hear is into slotting. He wants to know what the guy before and after his pick get before he can negotiate his client's contract. Why? I mean that's all you have to do is pick up a paper and find out the guy before you may not sign for a long time and it is going to be a huge detriment for your client if you wait. Add to that Maybin was picked before many thought he would be and you are losing your client a lot of money.

I think the guy might be related to Darcy Regeir. Let someone else figure out what he should make and then I'll sign him.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is Maybin's agent an idiot?

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
    The guy from what I hear is into slotting. He wants to know what the guy before and after his pick get before he can negotiate his client's contract. Why? I mean that's all you have to do is pick up a paper and find out the guy before you may not sign for a long time and it is going to be a huge detriment for your client if you wait. Add to that Maybin was picked before many thought he would be and you are losing your client a lot of money.

I think the guy might be related to Darcy Regeir. Let someone else figure out what he should make and then I'll sign him.
    I agree...the agent seems to be leading his client down the wrong path. I cannot wait until the NFL has a rookie salary cap and all this crap goes away!

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I think its even dumber. If you know what Heyward-Bey got, and you know what Orakpo got, and you know how many picks there are between them, and how much of a difference in money there is... you can figure out how much less the contract should be from Heyward-Beys.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I concur...

Is it really this difficult to find a tweener # given the info we already have... I think not

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

How hard is it to extrapolate? Seriously.

Comment

• billsfanone
            Majored in Home Economics
            • Sep 2008

This whole process of seeing first what the guy ahead of you gets has to be the most ******ing thing ever.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Maybin should take charge of his own agent and tell him to get this thing done pronto. WTF.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

In an answer to the thread title, YES!

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Orakpo didn't wait for the guys ahead of him. Just sayin ....
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

i think the agent is only looking out for his interest and doesn't want to lose anything from his cut.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                      you ask that on a bills board where bills fans look at the preseason game vs the titans and refuse to extrapolate that the season looks to be another ugly one. Apparently, extrapolating can be very difficult.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Why is Maybin's agent an idiot? We may not agree with it, but he's basically looking out for himself.

If he goes ahead and does a contract for Maybin that is comparable but slightly higher than Moreno's, but at some point later Crabtree signs for beaucoup bucks then Maybin's agent is not going to look good. That means he won't get as many clients in the future.

He waits to slot them so he still looks good as an agent. Getting his client in on time is not as important as getting his client the correct amount of money.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          Well technically we have data both ahead and behind Maybin, so it would be interpolating. Unless they only go off of Orakpo and Moreno's contract and forget about the higher picks.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Well technically we have data both ahead and behind Maybin, so it would be interpolating. Unless they only go off of Orakpo and Moreno's contract and forget about the higher picks.
                            I was going to say the same thing.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              you ask that on a bills board where bills fans look at the preseason game vs the titans and refuse to extrapolate that the season looks to be another ugly one. Apparently, extrapolating can be very difficult.
                              The Titan's game, while merely preseason, just confirms what we already knew - we're in for another season of mediochrity. Those who refuse to admit are just in denial and will get a slap from the cold c*ck of truth soon enough.
                              Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-12-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X