PDA

View Full Version : A question about the no huddle

cocamide
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Do you think that the no huddle helps a young offensive line? I think that it can help us in two ways:

First, the d-line should be worn down by the end of the game, which of course helps any offensive line.

Second, the d-line isn't going to be set on some plays, which again helps our o-line.

Any other opinions?

DraftBoy
08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
As long as they know the calls and such then I dont see it as a bad thing.

Nighthawk
08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
It helps because it slows down the pass rush...or at least that's how it's supposed to work.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
In general, it keeps opposing defenses off balance. Our team needs whatever advantage it can get.

Mahdi
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Do you think that the no huddle helps a young offensive line? I think that it can help us in two ways:

First, the d-line should be worn down by the end of the game, which of course helps any offensive line.

Second, the d-line isn't going to be set on some plays, which again helps our o-line.

Any other opinions?
I think it helps because it reduces the amount of confusion the defense can bring. I remember when we played Baltimore at home, 2 years ago. It was Trent's second or third start. The Bills played no huddle a lot of the game and Baltimore couldn't be as creative and exotic as they usually are with their blitz and zone pressure schemes. We won that game.

If we execute this well, our OL should face more base packages than usual, which is easier to recognize and as others have said the defense will be on their heels more and maybe even fatigued by the 3rd quarter.