X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

A question about the no huddle

Do you think that the no huddle helps a young offensive line? I think that it can help us in two ways:

First, the d-line should be worn down by the end of the game, which of course helps any offensive line.

Second, the d-line isn't going to be set on some plays, which again helps our o-line.

Any other opinions?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: A question about the no huddle

As long as they know the calls and such then I dont see it as a bad thing.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

It helps because it slows down the pass rush...or at least that's how it's supposed to work.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

In general, it keeps opposing defenses off balance. Our team needs whatever advantage it can get.
        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cocamide
          Do you think that the no huddle helps a young offensive line? I think that it can help us in two ways:

First, the d-line should be worn down by the end of the game, which of course helps any offensive line.

Second, the d-line isn't going to be set on some plays, which again helps our o-line.

Any other opinions?
          I think it helps because it reduces the amount of confusion the defense can bring. I remember when we played Baltimore at home, 2 years ago. It was Trent's second or third start. The Bills played no huddle a lot of the game and Baltimore couldn't be as creative and exotic as they usually are with their blitz and zone pressure schemes. We won that game.

If we execute this well, our OL should face more base packages than usual, which is easier to recognize and as others have said the defense will be on their heels more and maybe even fatigued by the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Working...
          X