PDA

View Full Version : My Michael Vick take

patmoran2006
08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
If I'm forced to gamble on it, I"ll stand by my prediction that Michael Vick ends up in Pittsburgh..

However (and I'm trying hard to find out more trust me) I truly have this feeling that behind the scenes, despite public reports on the contrary; that the Buffalo Bills are truly interested in signing him.

People I normally talk to that would flat-out DENY any interest are not doing that right now. I would not be shocked if something happened, and it happened before Saturday.

I don't think Turk Schonert is sold on Fitzpatrick at all, and from what I heard the Bills are starting to work on wild-cat stuff more and more.

Just saying fellas..

Mudflap1
08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm guessing Pittsburgh, Oakland, New Orleans, or Tampa Bay. Not Buffalo. For whatever reason, this team loves Edwards. Furthermore, I don't see Vick operating any version of a no-huddle offense.

patmoran2006
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Not making a case for it or saying it makes sense.. I'm just really starting to think we're more interested than is publicly being stated.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Any player that has the potential to help your football team win games should be a player that you go after.

Michael Vick has that potential.

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
the bills are so poorly run. how does turk not like fitzpatrick? Was he not part of the decision. they just brought this guy in. How is the communication this bad?

X-Era
08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
If I'm forced to gamble on it, I"ll stand by my prediction that Michael Vick ends up in Pittsburgh..

However (and I'm trying hard to find out more trust me) I truly have this feeling that behind the scenes, despite public reports on the contrary; that the Buffalo Bills are truly interested in signing him.

People I normally talk to that would flat-out DENY any interest are not doing that right now. I would not be shocked if something happened, and it happened before Saturday.

I don't think Turk Schonert is sold on Fitzpatrick at all, and from what I heard the Bills are starting to work on wild-cat stuff more and more.

Just saying fellas..

Then you lending a bit more credence to theg ut feeling I have had for over a week on this and that intensified after watching Fitz on Sunday.

I have a feeling hes gonna be a Bill.

Vick may want to have a shot at starting. Big Ben is the starter and that wont change barring injury. Trent, however, is much more able to be supplanted... he hasn't gone to and won a SB. Trent is also more likely to get injured.

X-Era
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
the bills are so poorly run. how does turk not like fitzpatrick? Was he not part of the decision. they just brought this guy in. How is the communication this bad?

Wouldnt be the first time we signed a guy we then cut in the same year... see Will James.

raphael120
08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Fitzpatrick is just like a mellowed out JP Losman. Instead of having fits of good play and horrid play, he's just constantly mediocre.

X-Era
08-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Fitzpatrick is just like a mellowed out JP Losman. Instead of having fits of good play and horrid play, he's just constantly mediocre.

He sounds more like Kelly Holc-bum.

Joe Fo Sho
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
BRING HIM IN!!!

trapezeus
08-12-2009, 04:29 PM
if the bills bring in vick and sign him, can we official put a big top on top of the ralph and then have people shot out of canons through the uprights to make this an official circus?

X-Era
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
if the bills bring in vick and sign him, can we official put a big top on top of the ralph and then have people shot out of canons through the uprights to make this an official circus?

How could we ever pick on the Dol-"felons" again?

Wasn't just two years back that Levy talked so much about how character was huge to us?

baalworship
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
From a football perspective this would be a huge upgrade. Fitzpatrick is awful.

Joe Fo Sho
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
How could we ever pick on the Dol-"felons" again?

Wasn't just two years back that Levy talked so much about how character was huge to us?

If Tony Dungy is behind this guy, so am I.

X-Era
08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
If Tony Dungy is behind this guy, so am I.
:clap:

I have to give you props for that.

Dungy may be the single reason that Vick has any chance of playing again at all.

And you have to take him more seriously with Dungy in his corner.

I dont see the angle that Chris mentioned about the Bills being firmly behind Trent. Why does signing a guy thats been out of football for two years screw that up? Even worse, what has Trent done to be "cemented" into the starting role? I want Trent to feel everyone is behind him as our starter just as much as teh next guy. But, he hasnt done so much as to be able to demand that... or even for the Bills to overlook his up and down performance to date.

We know our backup isnt good enough

We dont know yet if Trent is the answer

We know what Mike Vick can potentially bring to the table

X-Era
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Im not sure we replace Fitz before Sat. And that may put us out on the Vick sweepstakes if Vick gets signed before then.

I bet the Bills want to see Fitz for at least one more game before they seriously look for a better (and likely more expensive) option.

jamze132
08-12-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll take Vick for $800 Alex...

Joe Fo Sho
08-12-2009, 04:54 PM
:clap:

I have to give you props for that.

Dungy may be the single reason that Vick has any chance of playing again at all.

And you have to take him more seriously with Dungy in his corner.

I dont see the angle that Chris mentioned about the Bills being firmly behind Trent. Why does signing a guy thats been out of football for two years screw that up? Even worse, what has Trent done to be "cemented" into the starting role? I want Trent to feel everyone is behind him as our starter just as much as teh next guy. But, he hasnt done so much as to be able to demand that... or even for the Bills to overlook his up and down performance to date.

We know our backup isnt good enough

We dont know yet if Trent is the answer

We know what Mike Vick can potentially bring to the table

I can't imagine that we would sign Vick to play QB. When I went to TC, I saw the Bills running the option and practicing the Wildcat with Roscoe at QB. I gotta think that Vick would be 10 times better than him. I don't think that signing Vick would threaten Trent at all.