PDA

View Full Version : Camp Today

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Really nothing too big to report, but there were a couple of players that stood out to me.

Alvin Bowen was making big plays defending the run and getting the other players pumped up. I really hope this kid gets a chance because if we can get another LB to replace Ellison our corps would be NASTY!

Eric Wood looked real good against Marcus Stroud in one on ones, and Andy Levitre did well against Kyle Williams. I think wood could be a pro bowler sooner rather than later.

Shawn Nelson is going to be a factor THIS year. He got a lot of reps with the starters and did much better than I expected in one on one blocking drills. The guy looks a lot thicker in person, and I think he is ready to contribute now.

Defensive line still sucks.

Terrence McGee looked real good on a single coverage against Lee Evans when Trent tried to drop it in the corner of the end zone. McGee was on him like glue and knocked the pass down.

Lynch is going to be CRAZY good when he comes back. He looks really explosive as did Rhodes.

On a side note I picked up one of the new white throwbacks. I went with POZ!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Michael82
08-13-2009, 12:50 AM
I had to work my other job, so I missed it yesterday. How did the backups look? I've noticed that Hamdan is starting to get more comfortable and doesn't suck as much. But that was Tuesday. Also... Any players sign autographs at the fence? Or was it another day where they ignore the fans?

gil
08-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Can someone tell me if Steve Johnson is still hurt?

The Spaz
08-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Can someone tell me if Steve Johnson is still hurt?

He re-aggravated his ribs.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 07:43 AM
I had to work my other job, so I missed it yesterday. How did the backups look? I've noticed that Hamdan is starting to get more comfortable and doesn't suck as much. But that was Tuesday. Also... Any players sign autographs at the fence? Or was it another day where they ignore the fans?

You know they don't have to sign autographs there job is to play the game of football not coddle the fans. Have you heard what Colin Cowherd thinks about adult men begging for autographs from athletes?

yordad
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
You know they don't have to sign autographs there job is to play the game of football not coddle the fans. Have you heard what Colin Cowherd thinks about adult men begging for autographs from athletes?No. WHo is he, and what did he say? Now, what if you just ask, and not beg.

Seems to me the fans pay the athletes checks. It is like giving a gift, you don't really expect something back... but you kind expect something. Get it?

Night Train
08-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Defensive line still sucks.
<!--Session data-->
Thus my low expectations for this year. Until they find Stroud some help, it's not going to be pretty.

When someone puts together a first year team, the first thing they do is find players for the front 7 on D. That keeps them in games while they build the rest of the roster.

Why can't Jauron, Guy & Brandon see this ?

bigbub2352
08-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Our Dline and Whitner at Safety is what will hold this terrible Scheme by Fewell's defence back this yr
kelsay Denny, Schobel, Bryan and Ellis McCargo and Spencer Johnson are all useless
Ellis may be the only one with the potential to change his status
but Schobel kelsay and Denney are god awful and gettin old
Bryan and McCargo suck
Whitner sucks
and the Cover 2 sucks
u can add as much talent as u want it is still run by this coaching staff and hence i predict an 8-8 season at best

Michael82
08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
No. WHo is he, and what did he say? Now, what if you just ask, and not beg.

Seems to me the fans pay the athletes checks. It is like giving a gift, you don't really expect something back... but you kind expect something. Get it?
Exactly. As long as we don't beg, I don't see the problem. It's basically just that people like to collect autographs and momentos as a way to connect with their team a little more, especially if it's personalized.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I left a little early so I missed the fight, and didn't see who signed. The backup QB's looked pretty good actually. I think they both had a touchdown pass to the tight end.

billsfanone
08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
How's Nic Harris look? Everyone was raving about Palmer after the 1st game, but I seem to remember seeing Harris around the ball a lot too.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 10:41 AM
No. WHo is he, and what did he say? Now, what if you just ask, and not beg.

Lets dispell something real quick. Fans don't pay athletes checks, they pay the owner. The check does not come to a player endorsed by "The Fans", your money goes to the owner, who pays the players, not you.

And I have no issue with memorbilia or autographs asking, but when I do have an issue is with fans who hound players, or feel they have some sort of an entitlement to an autograph.

Colin Cowherd is a nationally syndicated raido show and tv show host for ESPN. His opinion (and I dont agree fully with it) is that adult men should never even ask for an autograph, autographs are cool for kids, not so cool for adults.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Exactly. As long as we don't beg, I don't see the problem. It's basically just that people like to collect autographs and momentos as a way to connect with their team a little more, especially if it's personalized.

But a lot of fans do beg, and that's not even to begin to get into outrageous fan misconduct, and why fans are being moved further and further back from the players.

The last buffalo fan
08-13-2009, 10:51 AM

:hi5: I'm 37 years old, and trust me Mikey that I gladly could beg for any bills player autograph. :up:

GreedoII
08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Expect the same crap you have been seeing since 2006 with these azz clown coaches:

No QB pressure/LB's out of position/DB's playing 15 yds off/DE covering RB and WR/DE dropping into coverage/3 and long conversions/no turnovers/huge holes in the middle of the field/

Offense: terrible run blocking/Lynch not getting to the hole fast enough/crappy goaline play calls/FG's instead of TD/wasting of timeouts/not getting plays in on time/

Fewell scheme is outdated and doesan't work with the type of crappy players he has. He's out coached all day and doesn't adjust. The Bills implemented this scheme as it starts to fade away and other teams move to 3-4 or more elaborate schemes. Wow...what effing geniuses!

Jauron's handclapping is so aggravatng I want to punch him through the screen and rip his face off. He's a tee ball coach at best. He's a loser and he exudes losing in his press conferences and on the field. He's looks lost and he really has no clue on what to do during gameday and it shows with the lack of ability to match wits with any other coach. He's soft and his team follows suit. You know the saying..the dog takes on the persona of it's owner?

I hate this coaching staff. They are morons and buffoons.

psubills62
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Expect the same crap you have been seeing since 2006 with these azz clown coaches:

No QB pressure/LB's out of position/DB's playing 15 yds off/DE covering RB and WR/DE dropping into coverage/3 and long conversions/no turnovers/huge holes in the middle of the field/

Offense: terrible run blocking/Lynch not getting to the hole fast enough/crappy goaline play calls/FG's instead of TD/wasting of timeouts/not getting plays in on time/

Fewell scheme is outdated and doesan't work with the type of crappy players he has. He's out coached all day and doesn't adjust. The Bills implemented this scheme as it starts to fade away and other teams move to 3-4 or more elaborate schemes. Wow...what effing geniuses!

Jauron's handclapping is so aggravatng I want to punch him through the screen and rip his face off. He's a tee ball coach at best. He's a loser and he exudes losing in his press conferences and on the field. He's looks lost and he really has no clue on what to do during gameday and it shows with the lack of ability to match wits with any other coach. He's soft and his team follows suit. You know the saying..the dog takes on the persona of it's owner?

I hate this coaching staff. They are morons and buffoons.

I personally believe that a lot of these players have talent. It's the scheme that you mentioned a few lines above that is the problem. The conservative defense is the worst, imo. How hard is it to have most of the DB's cover to the sticks when it's 3rd and long? If it's 3rd and 15, not a single QB should be able to complete a pass between 10 and 20 yards. That part just pisses me off. There are very few players who would excel in this scheme.

jamze132
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I never knew Shawn Nelson was black until I saw the game the other day...

That's great news!

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I never knew Shawn Nelson was black until I saw the game the other day...

That's great news!

:rofl:

Im sorry that just made me laugh out loud at work.

GreedoII
08-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I personally believe that a lot of these players have talent. It's the scheme that you mentioned a few lines above that is the problem. The conservative defense is the worst, imo. How hard is it to have most of the DB's cover to the sticks when it's 3rd and long? If it's 3rd and 15, not a single QB should be able to complete a pass between 10 and 20 yards. That part just pisses me off. There are very few players who would excel in this scheme.

you're exactly right.....nobody should convert this on a regular basis. I'm still mystified as to why they even have this scheme? Is it becuase it's so dumbed down even the coaches can run it? Are they not smart enoughto devise a complex scheme? I mean it's like a bunch of guys off the street got lucky and got jobs to coach a NFL team and just said...well cover 2 is poplar so let's try that....I just don't understand. I think Fewell is bush league at best.