View Full Version : RUMOR: Vick landed in Buffalo

X-Era
08-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Forked from: So if we sign Vick (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2958348)

This is a rumor... but BB.com is saying a QB landed in Buff from Chicago O'Hare:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?p=2611031#post2611031

read through it.

This one is the heavy hitter:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?p=2611188#post2611188

The guys family works for air traffic control... a private jet from Chicago landed in Buff last night and it was Vick. Again, its a rumor. This guy even points out it could be nothing more than a pit stop on a longer flight.

As Ive said, Ive been feeling like this is happening and Pat confirmed that he isnt getting the definite NO's he would expect.

I say we give this until mid day to be confirmed or it heads over to SPAM.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Bring him in.

gil
08-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Someone sent me a text saying he was in Buffalo last night too - I'll believe it when I see it.

cocamide
08-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Hopefully he has Dungy with him to coach the team.

X-Era
08-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Hopefully he has Dungy with him to coach the team.

That was my thought on the way in to work today.

If true, you know Dungy had a lot to do with our interest. And then what does that say about Dungy as a possible HC in 2010?

Jan Reimers
08-13-2009, 07:09 AM
With all of the veteran help that this FO has passed on over the last several years, I can't imagine their signing Vick. It makes no difference what I think, but I will be very disappointed if this guy becomes a Bill.

BAM
08-13-2009, 07:21 AM
This would be a GREAT move. It most likely won't happen but I won't rule anything out anymore with this team.

djjimkelly
08-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Bring him in.

bye bye edwards

djjimkelly
08-13-2009, 07:30 AM
With all of the veteran help that this FO has passed on over the last several years, I can't imagine their signing Vick. It makes no difference what I think, but I will be very disappointed if this guy becomes a Bill.

i will be dissappointed for one reason only if this happens.

this would mean we arent satisfied with our qb position and that would mean to to me fitzpatrick as the 2 is a joke by our front office

X-Era
08-13-2009, 07:34 AM
This piece of information is also interesting... again if true:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showpost.php?p=2611473&postcount=291

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2009, 07:36 AM
This piece of information is also interesting... again if true:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showpost.php?p=2611473&postcount=291

That is the guy's first post on the boards.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Lots of speculation with little substance so far...

We'll have to see.

clumping platelets
08-13-2009, 07:41 AM
:popcorn:

Mahdi
08-13-2009, 07:42 AM
What makes me believe that Vick could be coming to Buffalo is that Ralph and Jauron are sick of seeing our offense stall in the redzone. It always seems to be something, a sack, a pick, stagnant run blocking, holding, offsides etc.... something always happens to force Rian Lindell onto the field.

Vick would bring another dimension to our redzone offense that no one else can bring.

Personally, I too am sick of seeing Lindell raise his league best FG% with chip shots inside the 20.

GET VICK!

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 07:43 AM
This is going to be one of those days I have a feeling...

X-Era
08-13-2009, 07:47 AM

I saw that too...

Its a matter fo time before we can make it true or false I think. I say by mid-day we will know where he is and whether this is real or not.

Ive got meetings until noon, so I cant track this until then.

Philagape
08-13-2009, 07:49 AM

Just the like the guy with the Parrish "rumor" here

mayotm
08-13-2009, 07:52 AM
This is going to be one of those days I have a feeling...
Yes, it's going to be a fun filled day of bogus rumors. Vick coming to Buffalo, Parrish going to Chicago, etc.

yordad
08-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Dude we all hate him now.... but if he signs, after we will all love him. :(

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't hate him now.... I want the Buffalo Bills to Win Football games. We don't sign him The Steelers or Pats will. Why not us for a change? We have NO backup QB, Edwards is fragile. He would also be perfect in Wildcard formations, redzone ETC.....

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Dude we all hate him now.... but if he signs, after we will all love him. :(

not all of us

yordad
08-13-2009, 08:17 AM
not all of usYou said the same thing about T.O., and you know it.

Jaybird
08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
I am all for it boys

Night Train
08-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I can hardly wait for him to be introduced at the Ralph.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT blasting over the PA while 8,000 Milkbone biscuts rain down on him.

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 08:57 AM
You said the same thing about T.O., and you know it.

Umm...no.

I have 4 rescued Pit Bulls and more of a stake in animals than 99% of the people on here. Personal conflict.

T.O. is just cocky and immature at times - but very passionate about working out and football. And he hasn't been missing from the game for two years.

yordad
08-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Umm...no.

I have 4 rescued Pit Bulls and more of a stake in animals than 99% of the people on here. Personal conflict.

T.O. is just cocky and immature at times - but very passionate about working out and football. And he hasn't been missing from the game for two years.Maybe "love" was a strong word. :surrender

Michael82
08-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Anyone else getting that queasy feeling? :puke:

pcnorth22
08-13-2009, 09:19 AM
no one likes what he did...

but fans look the other way when rumors (or evdience) of spousal abuse arise...

someone's gonna sign him... I'd like to win

TedMock
08-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe "love" was a strong word. :surrender

Maybe a little. "Tolerate," and eventually "support." My view on this is that he was a scumbag and I was in line with everybody else that he deserved to be punished. He was and he was fairly. I have no problem with his reinstatement at this point. Everybody deserves second chances and forgiveness. I hate what he did as I love dogs, but I also hate PETA, so I would still tell them to leave my stadium alone. Some people don't like the "he should be able to work again argument." I happen to agree with it because of what he does. I'm fairly successful at what I do. I think that if I put my mind to it and had interest in a different career I would be equally as successful. I could have been an accountant, a doctor, teacher, etc, and I would have succeeded. What Vick does is unique and does not translate to other careers. I could not have been a successful pro athlete, a rock star, etc. Those are unique, artistic careers that just don't translate to the rest of the world. They are special talents. Vick has wasted two years worth of his with stupidity. He deserved all the punishment he got, but to continue to punish him at excessive levels would then make him a victim too. He doesn't deserve to be a victim. He deserves to live with the guilt while trying to piece everything back together. Let him play. Let him work for animals rights while doing so.

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Anyone else getting that queasy feeling? :puke:

It's funny you say that - one of my Pits just threw up.

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 09:22 AM
no one likes what he did...

but fans look the other way when rumors (or evdience) of spousal abuse arise...

someone's gonna sign him... I'd like to win

and we need a 2nd-stringer, not a gimmick

pcnorth22
08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
and we need a 2nd-stringer, not a gimmick

so, he's not a step up from fitzpatrick?

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 09:26 AM
On another note, Schefter just tweeted a very good point that since there will be no Vick signing today, there is a very good chance you'll see him sign with one of the 8 teams playing today.

New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc......

And on another note, if he does sign with us, I will have to tickets to the opener for sale. While I can probably look past it with enough whiskey, I'll have a hard time convincing my future wife who actually volunteers at a Pit Bull rescue. I might even get a call today on my day off to go help out with some dogs seized from an 80-dog dogfighting ring.

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
so, he's not a step up from fitzpatrick?

Neither have a good arm, one can run our offense. One can run 3 plays/game in the wildcat. So as football players, it's a push. As worthless humans, Vick wins.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Neither have a good arm, one can run our offense. One can run 3 plays/game in the wildcat. So as football players, it's a push. As worthless humans, Vick wins.
not saying im pulling for Vick. But he does have one of the strongest arms.... just not the most accurate

HHURRICANE
Didn't Russ Brandon say that the "Bills weren't interested in Vick". I doubt the organization would do that.

The rumor is false.

THATHURMANATOR
So you know nothing about Michael Vick then huh? He has a Cannon Arm. He has no accuracy.

Michael82
08-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Didn't Russ Brandon say that the "Bills weren't interested in Vick". I doubt the organization would do that.

The rumor is false.
No...he left it open and said that the Bills are not interested in Michael Vick at this time.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dFBfhpm5w

DrGraves
08-13-2009, 10:34 AM
HELLLLLO PEOPLE

has anyone watched our offensive and defensive lines this preseason and over the past few seasons?!?!?! we can't block anyone and we can't rush the opposing qb.

the line is where the game is won and lost.

WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. except a couple of fans. And if thats what it takes to have a better chance of winning so be it.

Chewytie
08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Let Edwards prove himself with a solid reciever corps. Everyone was taken aback by TO. Buffalo will get enough media this year anyway.

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
So you know nothing about Michael Vick then huh? He has a Cannon Arm. He has no accuracy.

So does JP. Cannon with a capital C still doesn't get it done, or Jeff George would have SB rings.

Tatonka
08-13-2009, 11:04 AM
bruce smith was a coke user and drives drunk all the time..

jim kelly cheated on his wife with so many women..

thurman is a alcholic

carwell gardner beat the hell out of his wife..

BAM
08-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Orange Juice

Saratoga Slim
08-13-2009, 11:06 AM

The rumor is false.

I agree with you.

HAMMER
08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I am a big dog lover, obviously Vicks actions were deplorable. That being said, he served his time. This team has not won a super bowl with "character" players. We have already sold out to some extent by signing T.O., time to go all in and shoot for the ring.

patmoran2006
08-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't be so quick to squash this "rumor".

DrGraves
08-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't be so quick to squash this "rumor".

PAT?!?!!?! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!!? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!!?!

DMBcrew36
08-13-2009, 11:26 AM

thurman is a alcholic

Don't forget that Jim Kelly beat his wife too

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 11:31 AM

thurman is a alcholic

Come on T, you know that stuff doesnt count!! Kelly, Thuman and Bruce were angels!

madness
08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Buffalo: The City of Second Chances!

I'm a firm believer in giving people another chance. I thought what Vick was disgusting but I still feel he deserves a second chance... especially when you find out he was around it all his life. It's just like when someone grew up around a racist father but didn't know any better until he was shown.

Trent will be the unquestioned starter so that leaves one last question...

Vick or Fitz?

Mahdi
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM

The rumor is false.
he said... "At this time" why would he at that if they weren't interested at all... he could have just said... not interested. Period.

Bill Cody
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM

It's a push as football players? Really?

mchurchfie
08-13-2009, 11:38 AM
She shouldn't have hasseled him about his girlfriends so much.:D

FlyingDutchman
08-13-2009, 11:41 AM

cut the grass...clean the garage...i mean, how much of that stuff can you take?......

Commissioner
08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Bring Vick in on another 1 year deal!! Perfect Wild Cat QB.....

It's not like he would be a threat to Trent anyways. Does anyone really think he would learn the offense after being out of football for 2 years?

Have him run a few wild cat plays a game to throw the defense off. He would probably end up our leading rusher.

trapezeus
08-13-2009, 11:46 AM
one thing to think about aside from vick's dog fighting and strength as a QB is "what are teh exacts of his reinstatement?"

For the bills and any team to take vick to be the backup means that they could have their starter go down in weeks 1-5, and vick isn't going to be able to play. so what are you really getting? You ain't getting a backup for the first few weeks.

All teams will have to think that through, especially if they think they might need their backup. like the colts could live easier since manning rarely gets hurt. but a team like buffalo where the backup has played a couple games each season, it's a bad position to be in with an early season injury.

just a thought.

mybills
08-13-2009, 11:46 AM
:tap: :popcorn:

X-Era
08-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Now we have this:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/13/vick-rumors-persist/

When CB says, "stay tuned", I think he saying its a real possibility for us.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 11:50 AM
And with that, this rumor just got legs...

X-Era
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
And the same source on Mike Vicks plane said this:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showpost.php?p=2612457&postcount=298

X-Era
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Might I also add that Fridays practice is closed to the public. What better situation to try the guy out and give him a physical.

I think a deal gets done today (in principle) and the physical is done tomorrow. Its a guess, but theres too many people, saying to much for it to be complete crap.

jamze132
08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I have wanted Vick since he was reinstated. What he did outside of football was pretty ****ed up, but I'm willing to bet lots of money that there are a **** load of players in the NFL that have done or are doing worse things for which they have yet to be caught.

As long as he helps us win games, I'm cool with it.

Some people need to stop acting "holier than though" too. Everyone, even you people on here, has done something they are not proud of in their lifetime.

DrGraves
08-13-2009, 11:59 AM
OMG IM SO EXCITED!

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Might I also add that Fridays practice is closed to the public. What better situation to try the guy out and give him a physical.

I think a deal gets done today (in principle) and the physical is done tomorrow. Its a guess, but theres too many people, saying to much for it to be complete crap.

Kinda like the Ralph is dead story?

Often time these MB rumors start and grow with no basis. It might be true, but your reasoning is flawed.

jimbohastle51
08-13-2009, 12:00 PM

have to agree here. even peter king came out yestarday morning on espns mike and mike and said he thinks buffalo is the most logical fit. mort wasnt even going to buffalo on his tour and all the sudden as of yestarday is going to be in buffalo friday. there is a closed practice today and chris brown even blogged about schefters idea that the bills are a sleeper team for vick. i think it is going down.

X-Era
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
OMG IM SO EXCITED!

Im anxious. I dont know whether im excited or sick to my stomach.

I cant be 100% all for this, so I cant enjoy it like I would if we signed Peyton Manning for example.

It stinks a bit that positive excitement needs to be tempered by a negative side on this one.

Dr. Lecter
Some people need to stop acting "holier than though" too. Everyone, even you people on here, has done something they are not proud of in their lifetime.

We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

jimbohastle51
and the practice is closed to the public. chris brown even notes about that in his blog.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I just want to say this now...

I REALLY hope everybody who is pumped up to maybe sign Vick is not going to throw a hissy fit and blast our FO if it turns out we dont sign him. Keep in mind this is still very much in the RUMOR phase.

DraftBoy

New signature! Thanks!

Ickybaluky
Shefter also tweeted this:

"Adam_Schefter: Final word on Vick - it's one of the best kept secrets in NFL history. No one knows for sure. Just trying to fit together puzzle. Not easy. "

He is just guessing, like everyone else.

X-Era
have to agree here. even peter king came out yestarday morning on espns mike and mike and said he thinks buffalo is the most logical fit. mort wasnt even going to buffalo on his tour and all the sudden as of yestarday is going to be in buffalo friday. there is a closed practice today and chris brown even blogged about schefters idea that the bills are a sleeper team for vick. i think it is going down.

I thought the closed practice was tomorrow...can anyone confirm?

X-Era
08-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Shefter also tweeted this:

"Adam_Schefter: Final word on Vick - it's one of the best kept secrets in NFL history. No one knows for sure. Just trying to fit together puzzle. Not easy. "

He is just guessing, like everyone else.

I like our chances there.

If anyone shocked the NFl, it was Buffalo with the TO move.

Are we about to do it again.

billser
08-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I would hate it if Buffalo signs Vick. And if you believe TO and Vick are going to take us to the Super Bowl, you are VERY mistaken. Its the same story over and over again, people get impressed with their physical ability. These guys are not winners and will never be, people are blind to that fact. I was finally able to swallow the idea of TO, but I DO NOT want Vick coming here.

Since when are we the team that gives players a second chance? They will mess it up for us, and be outta here within a year. I cannot believe this is not evident to everyone here.

X-Era
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM

I REALLY hope everybody who is pumped up to maybe sign Vick is not going to throw a hissy fit and blast our FO if it turns out we dont sign him. Keep in mind this is still very much in the RUMOR phase.

I will absolutely NOT do that.

As excited as I am for what it may bring to the field, Im sad for what it may say about our desperation.

DrGraves
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
its clear that our line cannot block... we need some sort of x factor to have a chance. we are going to have to be creative to beat opposing defenses since we wont be able to pound the rock and sit back and pick apart secondaries. vick could be that plug.

mybills
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
At least there's something to talk about today. :D

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM

You go away for 5-6 months and forget one of the basic rules of this place??????

Hissy fits and blasting the FO are our reason for existence!!!

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
New signature! Thanks!

I can ban you now.

Just sayin'.......

Bufftp
08-13-2009, 12:15 PM
So you're justifying your sin with another sin? That's more creative than Adam was by blaming in on it Eve! ;)

disclaimer: I am just teasing Dr. Lector. Not saying it is a sin to have a drink. Though the bible speaks against excessive drinking as a sin and actually says it mocks you. Imagine how many beverages Lector must have had to do this....

jamze132
08-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm gonna go start a rumor so I can earn ZBs...

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I can ban you now.

Just sayin'.......

:bringit:

X-Era
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna go start a rumor so I can earn ZBs...

Is that aimed at me?

BillsWin
08-13-2009, 12:26 PM
There was a rumor that he landed in Buffalo in early July. It was quickly found to be completely false. Why would the Bills announce publicly that they had no intention of signing Vick, then do it so late in training camp? It makes no sense. but whatever, I dont care if we sign him anymore. Im so numb to any of this now. I hate the move. Hes an athlete, but I dont like him as a QB. I dont think hes smart enough to run the no huddle. i think hes lost too much time in jail, I hate his attitude and I never was caught up in the Vick fanaticism that was so evident a few years ago.

Nighthawk
08-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't have any insight into this rumor, but on a side note, I did hear Gil Brandt on Sirius yesterday and he and the other host were joking because Michael Vick was spotted in Chicago's airport. So this thing does have some things working in it's favor. He would have been flying out of Chicago.

mikemac2001
08-13-2009, 12:30 PM
There was a rumor that he landed in Buffalo in early July. It was quickly found to be completely false. Why would the Bills announce publicly that they had no intention of signing Vick, then do it so late in training camp? It makes no sense. but whatever, I dont care if we sign him anymore. Im so numb to any of this now. I hate the move. Hes an athlete, but I dont like him as a QB. I dont think hes smart enough to run the no huddle. i think hes lost too much time in jail, I hate his attitude and I never was caught up in the Vick fanaticism that was so evident a few years ago.

I don't want him here as a QB i want him to play 10-15 plays a game thats IT

he is also better the fitz so it does improve backup QB

When was the last time we were in AFC/NFC champ game....vick was there alot recent then us.

Either way ill be rooting for the bills

madness
08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
So you're justifying your sin with another sin? That's more creative than Adam was by blaming in on it Eve! ;)

disclaimer: I am just teasing Dr. Lector. Not saying it is a sin to have a drink. Though the bible speaks against excessive drinking as a sin and actually says it mocks you. Imagine how many beverages Lector must have had to do this....

I never thought about it this way but Adam was the first man to screw up "bro's before ho's". :shakeno:

ddaryl
08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I have wanted Vick since he was reinstated. What he did outside of football was pretty ****ed up, but I'm willing to bet lots of money that there are a **** load of players in the NFL that have done or are doing worse things for which they have yet to be caught.

As long as he helps us win games, I'm cool with it.

Wow those 1st 2 paragraphs pretty much says you are willing to compromise integrity for wins.

the last paragraph is BS if I did something as wrong as Vick did I still wouldn't be able to land a good paying job, and anyone who knew about my supposed actions would make my daily life a living hell. I would be forced to live on crap jobs with no benefits and would pay a price the rest of my life... however vick deserves special ****ing treatment because he can play football ?????

No I haven't done anything even close to what Vick did. I've never puposely killed anything bigger then an insect in my entire exsistence...

I'll never get it.. here is a classic case and opportunity to put the hammer down on a scum bag player, who for extra money and entertainment willingly bred puppies abused them so they would turn mean and become viscious killers, and then forced them to fight till their deaths.. .ALL SO HE COULD MAKE MORE MONEY AND BE ENTERTAINED... the guy was a multi millionaire and yet he gets into dog fighting, and we're supposed to forgive him for his selfish greed ?

I'm not hollier then thou, I just beleive there is a certain threshold and when some one crosses that threshold they need to pay for that. A few years in jail is just the beginning... He is a covicted felon and I believe all convicted felons should be banned for life from professional sports.

Hell Pete Rose paid a bigger price for betting on baseball, and that was much less of crime in my book, and yet Pete to this day is still banned. Vick willingly breeds and murders 100's of animals and is covicted for dog fighting but its ok to ignore this type of felony. What a bunch of horse****

give me a ****ing break a felon is a felon and he needs ot be treated like a felon.

Lets bring back travis henry and Lawrence Phillips they to deserve to play too, How about Caruth why not felons deserve ot be forgiven

BillsWin
08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
now I really dont believe it. There is a guy on that link declaring multiple ESPN sources are reporting him in Buffalo. I work for ESPN radio, and I checked the website, and rumor mill and there is not a single link.

Something may come up later, but as of now Ive seen and heard nothing. Anyone have an ESPN link, or a credible link at all?????????

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 12:38 PM
now I really dont believe it. There is a guy on that link declaring multiple ESPN sources are reporting him in Buffalo. I work for ESPN radio, and I checked the website, and rumor mill and there is not a single link.

Something may come up later, but as of now Ive seen and heard nothing. Anyone have an ESPN link, or a credible link at all?????????

ESPN Insider has Schefter's report up about Buffalo being a sleeper team but that is it.

BillsWin
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
ESPN Insider has Schefter's report up about Buffalo being a sleeper team but that is it.

alot of analysts have guessed at it and put him on their list as a possible destination but there has been no report of a visit. I hate it when people say they have links but dont. Oh, I read it on ESPN.com. NO, YOU DIDNT. lol

Bling
08-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Buffalo Bills are desperate.

madness
08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Buffalo Bills are desperate.

Yes they are. Another losing season and Ralph might take the whole team down with him.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2009, 12:45 PM

I finally fully caught "Democrat" from the Historian. :(

Bling
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I can't wait till there's all kinds of protest outside of the Bills stadium. It's going to be funny.

Amazing how everyone's opinion of Vick changes the second he's scoring TDs for you. I would take him too if we didn't have Pat White.

jamze132
08-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow those 1st 2 paragraphs pretty much says you are willing to compromise integrity for wins.

the last paragraph is BS if I did something as wrong as Vick did I still wouldn't be able to land a good paying job, and anyone who knew about my supposed actions would make my daily life a living hell. I would be forced to live on crap jobs with no benefits and would pay a price the rest of my life... however vick deserves special ****ing treatment because he can play football ?????

Isn't playing in Buffalo punishment enough?

No I haven't done anything even close to what Vick did. I've never puposely killed anything bigger then an insect in my entire exsistence...

I'll never get it.. here is a classic case and opportunity to put the hammer down on a scum bag player, who for extra money and entertainment willingly bred puppies abused them so they would turn mean and become viscious killers, and then forced them to fight till their deaths.. .ALL SO HE COULD MAKE MORE MONEY AND BE ENTERTAINED... the guy was a multi millionaire and yet he gets into dog fighting, and we're supposed to forgive him for his selfish greed ?

Not that I condone dog fighting in any way, shape, or form, but Vick wasn't the first and won't be the last. I would advise you to never go to the South or ever go to Asia.

I'm not hollier then thou, I just beleive there is a certain threshold and when some one crosses that threshold they need to pay for that. A few years in jail is just the beginning... He is a covicted felon and I believe all convicted felons should be banned for life from professional sports.

Hell Pete Rose paid a bigger price for betting on baseball, and that was much less of crime in my book, and yet Pete to this day is still banned. Vick willingly breeds and murders 100's of animals and is covicted for dog fighting but its ok to ignore this type of felony. What a bunch of horse****

give me a ****ing break a felon is a felon and he needs ot be treated like a felon.

Lets bring back travis henry and Lawrence Phillips they to deserve to play too, How about Caruth why not felons deserve ot be forgiven

I wouldn't bring those players back because they repeatedly make mistakes and would be too much of a liability to the team. The only reason I am on the Vick bandwagon is because Tony Dungy is fighting hard for him and vouching for him which should tell all of us something. Vick can play football, that's the only reason i would want him on the team. BTW, what are your thoughts on Marshawn Lynch running over a chick while he was drunk and then not stopping?

jamze132
08-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Is that aimed at me?
:idunno:

HHURRICANE
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
If I were Edwards agent I would tell him to fake an injury and sit out the season and hope for a trade.

Edwards will make one bad throw and every fan will be screaming for Vick to come in.

I'm barely hanging on with this team since the Peter's debacle but this would be the final straw.

The Juice Is Loose
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
PAT?!?!!?! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!!? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!!?!

I've been watching everything Pat says not come true for 8 months. This now guarantee's that it's not going to happen because Pat doesn't know ISH!

SquishDaFish
08-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I've been watching everything Pat says not come true for 8 months. This now guarantee's that it's not going to happen because Pat doesn't know ISH!

You are a complete ASS. Pat knows his ****. He cant be right all the time. But he is right alot more times then some of these experts on ESPN and other places

Mudflap1
08-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree with a lot of things posted on here...

1. In the real world, if someone was a convicted felon, it would be pretty darn hard for them to find a high-paying job at another company. That makes me feel like Vick is pretty fortunate.

2. However, as a Christian, people are supposed to be given second chances. IF he really is trying to better himself, Dungy is behind him and believes Vick is trying to better himself, then perhaps he is deserving of a second chance SOMEWHERE. It is true there are a lot of scumbag professional athletes who do heinous things all the time and get away with it. So there is somewhat of a double standard.

3. Fitzpatrick is shaky at best. Vick minimally would be an upgrade at backup quarterback. He also is a great athlete who could contribute with some spot-duty at quarterback. Edwards is a) unproven; and b) injury-proned anyway. I am concerned about Vick's ability to learn the no-huddle offense. However, as a "change of pace guy" he could be intriguing. One thing that takes me back is a game a few years ago where the Bills were playing Atlanta in Buffalo (J.P. was playing) and Vick just absolutely killed the Bills. Everytime I thought the defense had him, he escaped, and he made all of the throws that day. So he does have undeniable talent. If it's channeled in the right way with the right team, it could be interesting.

4. It sounds like there may be some smoke that he could be in Buffalo, but I am going to wait for more definitive information before I start shooting guns in the air. When the T.O. signing happened, it happened fast, and more and more credible information started pouring out quickly. I haven't quite seen that yet, other than speculation to this point. Of course, the whole Vick situation is very hush hush.

Mudflap1
08-13-2009, 02:15 PM

Pat has sources and access to some information. I have definitely seen him come through. Remember, it's a message board. Sometimes the information is spot on, sometimes it's not, and sometimes it is, but then things change and a potential deal doesn't get closed.

Iehoshua
08-13-2009, 02:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/13/rumors-fly-of-vick-to-buffalo/

We've been receiving e-mails all day about new rumors that Mike Vick will sign with the Bills.

The possibility intrigues us, because the Bills were the first team that we suggested folks should be watching (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/05/19/keep-an-eye-on-buffalo-as-a-mike-vick-destination/) as Vick re-enters the league.

There's still no formal report or acknowledgment that Vick is Buffalo bound, but the guys at KSK have posted something about it (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/08/17663.html).

jamze132
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/13/rumors-fly-of-vick-to-buffalo/
by reading the article you posted near the bottom of your post, the guy is really going out on a limb with that one...

GreedoII
08-13-2009, 02:19 PM
bye bye edwards

You're a moron....

If you really think this then you must be a Madden player. LOL

Vick is terrible. He can run and that's it....

You know nothing about football you tool box

Mitchell55
08-13-2009, 02:20 PM
This sound like the TO rumor day

realdealryan
08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Well now Schefter forwarded a tweet about him having a physical in Rochester this morning....

Mudflap1
08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Well now Schefter forwarded a tweet about him having a physical in Rochester this morning....

Interesting. Who is the tweet originally from?

The Juice Is Loose
08-13-2009, 02:45 PM
You are a complete ASS. Pat knows his ****. He cant be right all the time. But he is right alot more times then some of these experts on ESPN and other places

Hey all I'm sayin is everything he's said since New Years has been wrong. Maybe his source got fired and is embarassed to say so. Remember when we were signing Laverneus Coles? What has he called?

Nothing that I've seen since I've been here.

Mudflap1
08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Hey all I'm sayin is everything he's said since New Years has been wrong. Maybe his source got fired and is embarassed to say so. Remember when we were signing Laverneus Coles? What has he called?

Nothing that I've seen since I've been here.

Then apparently you have not been paying attention enough. I think you should learn not to bash people who have some information to contribute.

Mski
08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
perhaps's they're bringing him in as a tail back, seeing as lynch is gone for the first 4 games, and vick was always a better runner than passer

X-Era
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
If the news is saying hes not in Buffalo... probably time to bounce this to SPAM.

I just got home.

Whether he is actually in Buff or not, I do think the Bills have interest... but lets see what the media is saying.

Historian
08-14-2009, 07:11 AM
If the news is saying hes not in Buffalo... probably time to bounce this to SPAM.

I just got home.

Whether he is actually in Buff or not, I do think the Bills have interest... but lets see what the media is saying.

Maybe it was a connecting flight.

:snicker:

Jan Reimers
08-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Russ Brandon had maintained all along that the Bills weren't interested. Not to offend those of you that never believe what anyone says, or that find a conspiracy around every corner, or that always twist everything into spasms of controversy, but Russ was most probably telling the truth.

DBrown77
08-14-2009, 07:33 AM
6 pages of arguments all for nothing now!

Shiny Chicken
08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if the Bills sign Vick, they lose all respect from me and my loyalties will switch to the Seahawks until they get rid of him.

Shiny Chicken
08-14-2009, 04:22 PM
And I became a football fan BECAUSE of the Bills....

Night Train
08-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if the Bills sign Vick, they lose all respect from me and my loyalties will switch to the Seahawks until they get rid of him.

:rofl: I'll take current events for $800, Alex.

Shiny Chicken
08-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry, I haven't been paying that close attention I guess :-P

X-Era
08-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Is this thread still alive?