PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Vick

Forward_Lateral
08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I never really liked Vick as a QB. I thought he was one-dimensional, and his accuracy was horrible. As a running QB, he's obviously dangerous. If the Bills sign him, imagine teams having to gameplan to stop Lynch, Jackson, TO, Evans, Reed, and then Vick on 3rd downs. Dangerous.

Obviously the guy won't be signed to start. He's obviously not the guy you want as your every down QB. But, ask yourselves, can he make the offense more versatile? Can he help the offense move the chains? I think so. I'm not sure how physically ready he is, even if he'd play this year, but I think he's worth a look, and worst case scenario, you cut him after the season.

As a person, I think Vick served his time, and deserves another chance. What he did was deplorable, and inhumane, but there have been much worse acts by NFL players who've gotten plenty more than one extra chance in their careers.

If they sign Vick, I won't be unhappy, and if they don't, I won't really care either. I think he'll get a chance somewhere, why not in Buffalo?

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I am right there with you man.

Pinkerton Security
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Obviously the guy won't be signed to start. He's obviously not the guy you want as your every down QB.
The only thing is, I think some here think he would start..or should start.. everything else i agree with

Pride
08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
My problem is simply this... Vick killed, or at the very least permitted the killing of dogs on his property. As far as I am concerned... he should be put to death.

How can I, being a dog lover, root for a guy that knowingly killed dogs?

I, for one, don't feel that he has done "his time".

billsfanone
08-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I think he can be a weapon. Besides lining up at QB, he can line up at slot or in the backfield, and run reverse option passes. Can you imagine the gameplanning and headscratching that would cause? You can line him up in slot with Trent under center and he'd be a distraction if he touches the ball or not.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2009, 10:10 AM
My problem is simply this... Vick killed, or at the very least permitted the killing of dogs on his property. As far as I am concerned... he should be put to death.

PUT TO DEATH.........WOW. How was that cheeseburger you ate last week?

Dujek
08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I just think that the one thing the Bills do not want is another distraction this year. With the T.O. show in town the addition of Vick would turn the team into an absolute circus.

The other thing it would do would be to create a QB controversy the very first time Edwards throws an interception. You and I both know that Vick can barely hit the side of a barn at 10 paces, but there would be plenty crying for him to start should Edwards be anything short of the second coming of Jim Kelly.

I understand what you are saying about having him as an extra weapon in certain situations, and it would be exciting to watch, but the negatives outweigh the positives IMO.

billsfanone
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
PUT TO DEATH.........WOW. How was that cheeseburger you ate last week?

Thoughts exactly.

I have a tough time of it myself. I will never truly forgive Vick, but for God's sake, he spent almost 2 years in jail. He was punished. Enough? Who the hell knows and it's a matter of personal opinion.

I know the deaths of the dogs were inhumane. But Thurm has a point. I mean we slaughter cows and pigs for tasty nutritious meals.

Mahdi
08-13-2009, 10:20 AM
The only thing is, I think some here think he would start..or should start.. everything else i agree with
I dont think there is a single poster who believes Vick should come in and start. From the beginning I have been advocating bringing in Vick and not once did I say he should start.

Vick simply adds a new dimension to our offense and specifically our red zone package.

DC will HAVE to spend time planning for it and that alone is a bonus.

Forward_Lateral
08-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Hey, that's your opinion, and I'm sure many other's out there as well. But, don't you think people deserve 2nd chances?

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Thoughts exactly.

I have a tough time of it myself. I will never truly forgive Vick, but for God's sake, he spent almost 2 years in jail. He was punished. Enough? Who the hell knows and it's a matter of personal opinion.

I know the deaths of the dogs were inhumane. But Thurm has a point. I mean we slaughter cows and pigs for tasty nutritious meals.
Yep, Vick was a dirtbag but I guess I am saying I am willing to look past that for W's.

Forward_Lateral
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
If Tony Dungy, who's probably the nicest human being on the face of the earth, is willing to forgive Vick, why shouldn't I?

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
If Tony Dungy, who's probably the nicest human being on the face of the earth, is willing to forgive Vick, why shouldn't I?
Great point.

I can even understand people being against his signing but not renouncing the Bills if they do.

billsfanone
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
They should call it the mad dog offense when he's in.

BAM
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
why not in Buffalo?

Because the Holier than Thou crowd is not about giving second chances. He did his time, blah blah blah. Give him a another chance. People CAN change. If not, then Adios! I'd personally love to sign him.

BAM
08-13-2009, 10:43 AM

THE nicest person EVER on Earth said to forgive your enemies and those that have sinned. THAT's enough for me.

Gunzlingr
08-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Vick spent more time in the bighouse for killing dogs than Donte Stallworth will for killing a human being. I think that is f'ed up.

Bufftp
08-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I think Vick should be given another chance. DO I think Vick would be a good fit in Buffalo talent wise to scheme wise. No.

psubills62
08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
THE nicest person EVER on Earth said to forgive your enemies and those that have sinned. THAT's enough for me.

"Nice" is a very relative term. He wasn't too kind to the Pharisees or to the people selling goods in the temple. I think he was more righteous than nice...provided you're talking about Jesus haha.

But I know what you're saying. And everyone can be forgiven. But only God knows their hearts. That's why it's hard for people to forgive, because no one knows if he truly deserves forgiveness or is just playing the part.

BAM
08-13-2009, 11:03 AM
You know what I meant!!

Forward_Lateral
08-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Let's not turn this into a religious battle of the zealots, please.

psubills62
08-13-2009, 11:06 AM
You know what I meant!!

LOL I know, I'm just anal like that.

trapezeus
08-13-2009, 11:16 AM
just to echo the same sentiment, how many of the 70,000+ in the stands are avid hunters? And some of those people are the ones screaming, "i'll never forgive vick."

Vick's value to society is that he's a good football player. or at least a great athlete. He's done his time on something close to being pyschotic. but if he claims he has learned his lesson and is making a change, someone will give him a chance to provide value to society by doing what he does best. if we don't then he's really kinda useless. he's not going to solve political issues or economic issues. that's not his strength.

DraftBoy
08-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Im all for bringing Vick in and I have only owned Rescue Shelter Dogs in my lifetime and always have loved dogs, but the man did his time. Its time for him to be let back into the game that he can be dynamic in when given the right opportunity.

Bill Cody
08-13-2009, 11:58 AM

Here here! Execute Vick! But let him bring us a Lombardi first!

jamze132
08-13-2009, 12:09 PM

Come on man, everyone of us has done something that they aren't proud of.

here's a scenario for you and I think I already know the answer since your stance on Vick has lightened a little bit over the past few weeks.

Say Vick runs the winning score into the endzone to push us into the playoffs for the first time this decade. You going to sit in your seat and pout about what he did years ago?