NOT a VICK thread: I noticed in the last game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

NOT a VICK thread: I noticed in the last game...

Poz was a beast. He was only in for 2 series, but I think he was around the ball every play. On the first drive alone he had 2 TFLs and a tipped pass. In one he straight blew up his blocker.

With the backups in, the Bills went for it on 4th and 2 near the goal line (while down by 14). This shows me they weren't really playing regular season ball. Conventional wisdom says kick 3, and take the points. I think they did it just to put their backups in a pressure situation. Kind of reminds me of when the Bills would go 0-4 in preseason during some of the SB years. The win didn't mater. They were tinkering.

Kerry Collins had 2 drives. Edwards had 1. See above.

Johnson and Henry had 6 carries each. Lynch and Jackson had 3 each. See above.

Why are fans bashing the Bills run D? The Titian were awesome running last year, and only averaged 2.4 per on the day.

Parrish almost broke some dudes ankle on a crazy move, yall see that?

Did you see that pass to Reed in the End zone where he dove past the pall then reached back for it? wtf?

Hall muffed a punt? Dang dude. That was your moment.

Not only did Wendling blow containment on the fack punt, he whiffed on a tackle on 4th and 2 to end the half.

Jenkins should have caught that long TD pass.

Lindell is 50 for last 51 inside the 40?!! Wowser.

Omon was pretty dang good runnind and recieving.

We used the screen well. AWESOME, lets keep it up. Our lineman are mobile too (well some of them).

Hamden looked good, and so did Huggins (WR).

Who is Derrick Jones?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: NOT a VICK thread: I noticed in the last game...

Poz flew around like .............. Michael Vick!
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Wait, Ellison looked good out there? Better than our other starting OLB?

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

It wasnt as bad as we all thought it was when you rewatch the game.

If Trent had gone 4 for 4 and 50 something yards and a TD instead of 3 for 4 and 34 yards and an INT, the threads would have been different.

Our run D was stout. But our pass D was soft.

Everything we did that was mediocre or poor can be fixed. And youre right, we were tinkering which I love personally.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Oaf
          Wait, Ellison looked good out there? Better than our other starting OLB?
          Niether did anything, really. Did they? One one play Elllsion blew into the backfield, but then got eaten by a block, and right behind him was Poz. Poz ranover/shed his block and made the tackle. He is going to be one B.A.M.F. this year.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• billsfanone
            Majored in Home Economics
            • Sep 2008

Besides the one pass defense, I really didn't see Poz all that much. I remember Fletcher was not highly regarded here, but you saw #59 EVERYWHERE the ball was. I have trouble seeing #51 everywhere.

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

Our pass D was so bad that the Titans never needed to run it. Let's not get too excited just yet.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by billsfanone
                Besides the one pass defense, I really didn't see Poz all that much. I remember Fletcher was not highly regarded here, but you saw #59 EVERYWHERE the ball was. I have trouble seeing #51 everywhere.
                He was only out there for 2 series. If you have it TiVo'd and you fast forward it won't take long to rewach that portion. He was everywhere. His drops where better. His play recognition was better. His intensity seemed higher, and it was only preseason.

Oh, and he TWO tackles for a loss on the opening drive.
                Last edited by yordad; 08-14-2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                  It wasnt as bad as we all thought it was when you rewatch the game.

If Trent had gone 4 for 4 and 50 something yards and a TD instead of 3 for 4 and 34 yards and an INT, the threads would have been different.

Our run D was stout. But our pass D was soft.

Everything we did that was mediocre or poor can be fixed. And youre right, we were tinkering which I love personally.
                  Which is pretty much like every game last year. Most teams couldn't run much on us in the first half but once the opponent had the lead, they punched us in the mouth and ran the ball down our throat. I saw absolutely nothing from last weeks game to even remotely think that our defense is going to be better than last year. Personnel wise, how could it be? Schobel returning? LOL
                  Last edited by jamze132; 08-14-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Which is pretty much like every game last year. Most teams couldn't run much on us in the first half but once the opponent had the lead, they punched us in the mouth and ran the ball down our throat. I saw absolutely nothing from last weeks game to even remotely think that our defense is going to be better than last year. Personnel wise, how could it be? Schobel returning? LOL
                    I witnessed Schobel having some good hussle plays too. I think the problem is still the CBs lining so far off the WRs. If the front can show some improved pass rush, then the CBs can move up a little closer to the line.

I play some CB, and I tell you right now, I "bump!" the WR every time. Actually, I try to hit them so hard they can't even get 5 yards. It is like "what comes first, the chicken or the egg". Basically, there are 2 ways to look at it.....

1. If the front could get to the QB faster, our CBs could line up closer.

or

2. If our CBs would line up closer, the routes would be longer, affording or front more time to get to the QB.

I prefer option 2. Make them get open. Force them to beat McKelvin in man with help over the top. Otherwise those fast passes are going to kill us every year, every game, every drive, every play. And, our DEs will never get a whiff of a sack of turnover.

This scheme sucks.
                    Last edited by yordad; 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Our pass D was so bad that the Titans never needed to run it. Let's not get too excited just yet.
                      Did you not watch the game or do you like to make stupied statements all the time. They gave to Johnson like 3 times the first drive and we stopped him cold.

Comment

• billsfanone
                        Majored in Home Economics
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yordad
                        He was only out there for 2 series. If you have it TiVo'd and you fast forward it won't take long to rewach that portion. He was everywhere. His drops where better. His play recognition was better. His intensity seemed higher, and it was only preseason.

Oh, and he TWO tackles for a loss on the opening drive.
                        I will. I have it recorded. Things usually stick out. If he was a BEAST, I would have noticed it. If he made a few good plays and played decently, it probably wouldn't stand out and be memorable.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by BillsWin
                          Everything we did that was mediocre or poor can be fixed.
                          The problem arrives when the coaches or front office refuse to fix it.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                            I witnessed Schobel having some good hussle plays too. I think the problem is still the CBs lining so far off the WRs. If the front can show some improved pass rush, then the CBs can move up a little closer to the line.

I play some CB, and I tell you right now, I "bump!" the WR every time. Actually, I try to hit them so hard they can't even get 5 yards. It is like "what comes first, the chicken or the egg". Basically, there are 2 ways to look at it.....

1. If the front could get to the QB faster, our CBs could line up closer.

or

2. If our CBs would line up closer, the routes would be longer, affording or front more time to get to the QB.

I prefer option 2. Make them get open. Force them to beat McKelvin in man with help over the top. Otherwise those fast passes are going to kill us every year, every game, every drive, every play. And, our DEs will never get a whiff of a sack of turnover.

This scheme sucks.
                            I agree about the CBs being too far from the LOS but that isn't really their fault. It falls on Fewell and his stupid ass scheme.

I can't remember how many times last year our defense couldn't get off the field on a 3rd and way long. It's ridiculous how soft and conservative they play.
                            Last edited by jamze132; 08-14-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by billsfanone
                              I will. I have it recorded. Things usually stick out. If he was a BEAST, I would have noticed it. If he made a few good plays and played decently, it probably wouldn't stand out and be memorable.
                              Watch him specifically and tell us what you saw. Again, you just need to watch the first two D drives. I can't say I specifically keyed on him, maybe you can report even more details.
                              Last edited by yordad; 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X