• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

Brodeur's wife files for divorce

The wife of New Jersey goaltender Martin Brodeur is filing for divorce, and is seeking custody of the couple's four children, according to newspaper reports Wednesday.

Melanie Brodeur is seeking support for her and the children and an equitable distribution of all property and payment of all legal fees, according to her divorce complaint filed in Essex County Family Court and obtained by The Star-Ledger of New Jersey.

Melanie Brodeur charges her husband committed adultery "on numerous occasions at a variety of locations." She alleges the adultery has been "ongoing and continuous for a period from the fall of 2002 to present date." The two had been separated before the filing for divorce. Melanie Brodeur alleges that her husband committed adultry with his sister-in-law.
    more...

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Great timing!! This has been going on how long and she drops this bomb now?? This couldn't wait 2 weeks??? As much of a scum as he might be ifwhat she is saying is true, this just makes her look petty and vindictive due to the timing (and I would say the same if it were a guy pulling this on a woman at an important time).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jaded 7
      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
      • Jul 2002

Ticat told me about this a few weeks ago. Apparently it's been out for a while. From what he said, Brodeur has never really received any negative media attention and now all of a sudden, she drops this bomb during the finals. I think Ticat said he fooled around with her sister or their sister-in-law. Not good. Bad timing, I agree, but if it's true, he's an ass!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
      The only answer I found for all this hurt
      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I am not supporting him in anyway...especially if he cheated with his sister in law...just the timing sucks...she's going to want plenty of money but she is willing to jeopardize where that money comes from...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Rude American
          EE is my American Idol
          • Jul 2002

she's just as much to blame for the marriage falling apart.
          You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Jaded 7
            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
            • Jul 2002

And how's that? If he's on the road and she's at home, how is she to blame for him cheating on her? What do you want her to do? Pack up the kids on a bus, bring a few tutors and follow him around from city to city during hockey season, so she can watch him because he can't keep it in his pants? He should have a little control when he's not home. It's not her responsibility to watch him 24/7!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
            The only answer I found for all this hurt
            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

With an attitude like that, she wonders why men cheat......

Comment

• BillC
                The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
                • Jul 2002

Hey, any publicity for these celebrities is good publicity, right?

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

A little know fact;

Brodeur is French for "You da man!"

Comment

Working...
                  X