PDA

View Full Version : SYLVESTER'S BLOG: BACK IN BUFFALO

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I don’t expect big numbers from Grier, but he could reach double digits in goals as he did with San Jose 2 of the last 3 years. What he will do is provide some needed size up front on the Right Wing, give Lindy Ruff another penalty killer, and more options for his lines. As a matter of fact, try putting line combinations together right now and you’ll see there are plenty of options for Ruff. My example below doesn’t have Clarke MacArthur, Matt Ellis, Nathan Gerbe, or Tim Kennedy in there.

Line 1: 26 9 21 (when Stafford signs)

Line 2 55 19 29

Line 3 20 28 25 (Grier)

Line 4 22 #(McCormick) 36

I put together the most skilled and biggest lineup I could think of in just a few minutes. Further examination would elicit more combinations with some players in different positions. You could also imagine Grier having a more prominent role on the first line with Vanek and Roy. He would create a little more room for both, and remember Roy played on the same line with Grier in the 2006 playoffs. Then where would you put Stafford? Perhaps left wing with Connolly and Pominville? Then you have Hecht to play with Paul Gaustad and ?? I could continue, but I think you get the idea.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=469919