PDA

View Full Version : So Brady plays most of the first half

billsfanone
08-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Why does Trent play one series last game?

Jauron should make it simple. Lead the offense to two scoring drives, one being a TD. When you do, you come out.

lordofgun
08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
I hate how we do everything "by the book."

It's an old book, and it's not working.

DMBcrew36
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Insanity can be defined as doing something the same way over, and over, yet somehow expecting a different result. Jauron just continues on in the same timid way, and somehow thinks it'll take us to the playoffs.

Prov401
08-14-2009, 11:58 AM
I am really not putting much into the HOF game. The coaches and players have expressed their desire to reduce the number of preseason games for years now. Buffalo has been given 5 preseason games this year. I don't think the coaches wanted to play the starters much in this extra game we had. The preseason starts on Saturday.

Jaybird
08-14-2009, 11:59 AM
he missed the entire season a year ago. He needed the extra work.. next pre season game Brady will play one o two drives... relax... It has nothing to do with the coaching, nor is it a bad decision.. the season is long and hard enough as it is, especially for a Qb (Trent) that has had problems staying healthy

Typ0
08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Brady did not play in one game last season and we have an extra preseason game. There was no reason for TE to play that much. He only needs to play enough to get in game shape/mode for opening week and not any more to appease everyone who wants to see starters on the field longer.

Aero II
08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I say it's because of the extra Preseason Game. All the starters will play more on Saturday.

DMBcrew36
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Honestly, though, Jauron has to trust that the O-line can keep Trent from being killed in a meaningless preseason game. The O-line only had a few practices together before the game against Tennessee and thus were still raw as a unit. As the line gels more and the coaches feel more confident that Trent will be protected, Trent will play more. Ofcourse, come September 14th, Trent will have to play no matter what.

Nighthawk
08-14-2009, 12:07 PM

I agree and it's just more evidence of how poor a HC that Jauron is. The guy simply doesn't get it.

Typ0
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
He doesn't get it because he didn't leave our only chance for a good season on the field in the first preseason game against defensive scrubs who are dying to make a highlight real killing a QB? Yeah, he doesn't get it at all.

ddaryl
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I agree and it's just more evidence of how poor a HC that Jauron is. The guy simply doesn't get it.

and the fact we are trying to run a no huddle O and the majority of our OL are bent over sucking wind

the no huddle requires major conditioning... and I doubt our lads are running many suicides at the end of practice

c'mon DJ kick a little ass and stop being a players coach

Mudflap1
08-14-2009, 12:53 PM

Amen!

madness
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Expect them to play only a little more than the HOF game.

As previously stated, Brady hasn't played football in a long time. It also helps that their OL is stellar. You could put a sleeping baby back there and not have to worry about it.

justasportsfan
08-14-2009, 01:15 PM

Jauron should make it simple. Lead the offense to two scoring drives, one being a TD. When you do, you come out.
we're trying to protect a brittle ,unproven qb from getting hurt . Hello!

We have no plan B. While the Pats coaches can MAKE a Plan B on the fly in a heatbeat .

This is what I've been saying all along, we're dependent on players with talent because our coaches are clueless.Even when we have talent our coaches don't know how to bring out the best in them on the field. But hey, at least they love our coach.

The pats can turn turd into gold which is why they are not worried if Brady goes down again. They have a proven system in place.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2009, 01:36 PM
It is Asinine especially since we have a completely new no huddle offense.

billsfanone
08-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Brady didn't play all last year. Yadda, yadda, yadda. The Bills haven't had a ***** winning season in how long? The first team O needs all the practice they can get. If you are worrying about injuries, you are playing scared.

mybills
08-14-2009, 02:02 PM
It wasn't even a full quarter for Trent. It was about 13 minutes or 23 cents.

mybills
08-14-2009, 02:04 PM
He could have easily played that next drive, but no.

billsfanone
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
One ***** drive is not that much more than nothing. It's a wash.

MDFINFAN
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM

Did you forget you guys have 5 preseason games this year, plus your QB didn't misss the whole year like Brady??

bigbub2352
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
We have been brianwashed by the media into thinking skeletor knows what he is doing, but in reality his a horrible coach, horrible at picking a staff, horrible at creating depth, horrible at game management, clock management, and play calling in general, and also the fact that he babys his players hence why we get so many injured every year
then people say well teams deal with injuries all year, i agree but they have depth by signing vets, not street cheap free agents, they have them in camp not trying to sign them off the street and throw them into the mix (Leon Joe)
All these reasons add up to 1 thing u can add all the talent in the world but they will still be coached by this loser and his terrible cheap cheap cheap staff
i hate to say it we will be lucky to go 8-8
Skeletor sucks 0-6 in the division and he keeps his job unheard of

billsfanone
08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Did you forget you guys have 5 preseason games this year, plus your QB didn't misss the whole year like Brady??

Um no. But I do remember going 7-9 last year. Last 3 years actually. I do remember Trent missing a lot of games too. I do remember that it's a new no huddle offense. I do remember that the entire OL is new (either a rookie or new to the position). I do remember this same conversation every other preseason.

MDFINFAN
08-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Um no. But I do remember going 7-9 last year. Last 3 years actually. I do remember Trent missing a lot of games too. I do remember that it's a new no huddle offense. I do remember that the entire OL is new (either a rookie or new to the position). I do remember this same conversation every other preseason.

Then you should also know you have 4 more PS games to get him ready, plus TC.. and it's not only Trent's fault on your record.. Brady went down last year and the Pat's still won 11 games.. it's a team sport, sport...:bighug:

jamze132
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Brady did not play in one game last season and we have an extra preseason game. There was no reason for TE to play that much. He only needs to play enough to get in game shape/mode for opening week and not any more to appease everyone who wants to see starters on the field longer.
And please explain to me how Trent is going to ever get in game shape by playing one series?

There are a lot of factors that go into "game shape", especially for a QB.

billsfanone
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Then you should also know you have 4 more PS games to get him ready, plus TC.. and it's not only Trent's fault on your record.. Brady went down last year and the Pat's still won 11 games.. it's a team sport, sport...:bighug:

I got you. I would say the same thing if this didn't happen year after year after year. They don't call it club Jauron for nothing. Jauron is not a career loser for nothing.

MDFINFAN
08-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I got you. I would say the same thing if this didn't happen year after year after year. They don't call it club Jauron for nothing. Jauron is not a career loser for nothing.

I know what you're implying, of course a young QB should get a lot of work, but I don't think Ryan or Flacco got any less work than Trent or any more... This year for you it's OL...and I'm saying that from watching phins OL's for so long lacking, I actually think if we had one, Feeley may have been successful here. Brady stands there all day sometimes waiting for a reciever to get open, like he did last night on his 2nd TD pass.. I couldv'e hit that guy if he has all day to get open..and yes I realize that was on the philly's 2nd team D...but dang, someone on that DL should have wanted to stand out..

Typ0
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
And please explain to me how Trent is going to ever get in game shape by playing one series?

There are a lot of factors that go into "game shape", especially for a QB.

He'll play a full quarter the next game. Two quarters the following. Into the third the next and then not at all in the last. Like it's a surprise. The only thing different is there are five games this year.

Bufftp
08-14-2009, 08:20 PM

one of your all time best posts!
So true!

justasportsfan
08-14-2009, 08:52 PM
in a way I do understand. Our coaches don't have faith in the OL they are still trying to build in the 4th year and don't have the confidence in the back up qb they hired themselves who they say is very smart, yada,yada,yada. . Trent is their only hope to make it to 8-8 or .500 season they have yet to achieve.

jamze132
08-15-2009, 12:29 AM
He'll play a full quarter the next game. Two quarters the following. Into the third the next and then not at all in the last. Like it's a surprise. The only thing different is there are five games this year.
I hope you are right.

Philagape
08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
More of the same .....
Bills coach Dick Jauron said his starters would play about the same as Sunday night's opener against Tennessee.
Quarterback Trent Edwards played nine snaps versus the Titans. Expect him to go a series or two. The Bills' defensive starters played two series in the opener.
"We're not looking to play them significantly more than we did a week ago," Jauron said. "If they do, it'd be a few more plays."
Then we'll proceed into the preseason kind of along the same lines."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/764308.html

Mitchell55
08-15-2009, 07:01 PM
HOF game. We have 5 preseason games the HOF game is just for show and we dont want to over use Trent or our starters

Griff
08-15-2009, 07:42 PM
He could have easily played that next drive, but no.

you're right it would've been much better to have him risk injury and be stuck with Fitz and no Marshawn at the beginning of the season.