X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SyraBillsLican
    • Jun 2005

Orton throws 3 INTs in Bronco Debut

Some broncos fans declared Edwards to be on par with the likes of Orton, Russell and Travaris Jackson.

Others completely forget the Bills exist.

I think these fans need to be reminded of a certain game in a certain week 16 of a certain 2008 nfl season.

(though many on this board will no doubt agree with them)
    Lets exorcise the Music City Curse! No playoffs since so-called "miracle." LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!

• Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Orton throws 3 INTs in Bronco Debut

"think the bottom tier of qbs in the nfl are all interchangeable

edwards, campbell, garrard, bulger, collins, jackson, orton

but at least orton has the potential to be better...or at least that's what i'm hoping....and praying"

That post was pretty funny. Orton has been in the league for a couple of years and has seemed to regress...Bulger has won games. Garrard is a solid QB. All Kerry Collins does is win games. Edwards has played well at times.

The Broncos front office got rid of one of the best coaches in the league and a damn good young quarterback, all in one season. They screwed up a yearly playoff contender and I bet they'll be fighting with KC and Oakland for last place in the AFC West.
    Last edited by Scumbag College; 08-14-2009, 10:32 PM.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Orton blows.

McDaniels is a fool.

Comment

• billsfanone
        Majored in Home Economics
        • Sep 2008

I don't think Edwards proved anything yet. Emphasis on yet. I'm a huge Trent fan too saying this.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Scumbag College
          "think the bottom tier of qbs in the nfl are all interchangeable

edwards, campbell, garrard, bulger, collins, jackson, orton

but at least orton has the potential to be better...or at least that's what i'm hoping....and praying"

That post was pretty funny. Orton has been in the league for a couple of years and has seemed to regress...Bulger has won games. Garrard is a solid QB. All Kerry Collins does is win games. Edwards has played well at times.

The Broncos front office got rid of one of the best coaches in the league and a damn good young quarterback, all in one season. They screwed up a yearly playoff contender and I bet they'll be fighting with KC and Oakland for last place in the AFC West.
          What the **** is wrong with you Scum? You think Garrard and Bulger are poor? Also, after getting concussed that puts Trent in the same boat as them? Jackson deserves to ride the pine behind Sage, Orton for Cutler was a raging piss shot. Let's see what the win % of the recent years for Collins was.

We'll see what the future brings, but you're asinine for putting Edwards among such "low" talent.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
            What the **** is wrong with you Scum? You think Garrard and Bulger are poor? Also, after getting concussed that puts Trent in the same boat as them? Jackson deserves to ride the pine behind Sage, Orton for Cutler was a raging piss shot. Let's see what the win % of the recent years for Collins was.

We'll see what the future brings, but you're asinine for putting Edwards among such "low" talent.
            I'm not sure what your problem with what I wrote is...

I said Garrard is solid and Bulger has won games in the past. I wrote that Edwards has looked solid at times. Kerry Collins led his team to a 13-3 record last year, that's pretty good. I'm not sure if you are offended that I put Edwards in with this group of QBs, if you think he's better, or worse. I don't know who Jackson is, I'm guessing Sage is Sage Rosenfels whom I didn't say anything about. I wrote that Denver got rid of a great coach and a good young QB for an unproven head coach and a QB that hasn't done much of anything.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what set you off.

Check the fifth post or so by Apoc...that's where I got the quote from that i commented on
            Last edited by Scumbag College; 08-14-2009, 11:59 PM.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP

That wasn't his opinion. He was quoting from someone else.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                I'm not sure what your problem with what I wrote is...

I said Garrard is solid and Bulger has won games in the past. I wrote that Edwards has looked solid at times. Kerry Collins led his team to a 13-3 record last year, that's pretty good. I'm not sure if you are offended that I put Edwards in with this group of QBs, if you think he's better, or worse. I don't know who Jackson is, I'm guessing Sage is Sage Rosenfels whom I didn't say anything about. I wrote that Denver got rid of a great coach and a good young QB for an unproven head coach and a QB that hasn't done much of anything.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what set you off.

Check the fifth post or so by Apoc...that's where I got the quote from that i commented on
                He thinks you made that quote.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

I hate the Broncos. It may sound unfounded, but I now associate Kevin Everrett's accident with the Broncos, not that they hurt him, its just that we were playing them. Of course, it doesnt help that Cutler was an ass and captain douche wad is the new head coach. Or that Kyle Orton is a Losman clone.

I remember John Elway and liking the Broncos. Now, I cant stomach watching them.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                    I don't think Edwards proved anything yet. Emphasis on yet. I'm a huge Trent fan too saying this.
                    Agreed 100%.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

right now trent IS at the bottom of that list. going by stats hes no better than orton, possibly worse
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

I like Orton, and think he will do fine in Denver. Granted, he isn't as talented as Cutler, but he is a guy you can win with. His record as a starter is 20-12, which is pretty good.

Last year, Orton seemed to be coming into his own. He played really well over the first half of the season, going 151-for-244 (61.9%), 1,777 Yds (7.3 Yds/Att), 10 TD, 4 Int, 90.8 QB Rating before getting hurt against Detriot.

After missing the following game with the injury, Orton returned and wasn't the same guy. He was 121-for-221 (54.8%), 1,195 Yds (5.4 yds/Att), 8 TD, 8 Int, 67.2 QB Rating over the remainder of the year. If he hadn't got hurt, he likely would have had a much better season.

Orton was playing in a new offense (one demanding on the QB) for a new team in his first preseason game. He had a rough start, making some mistakes. However, he is a bright guy who has been a winner, and he will turn it around. It will help him when Brandon Marshall returns. Denver has good offensive talent around him, and I think he will play well as the year goes along for Denver. He has to stay healthy and grow with the Denver offense.

I like Edwards, but it is silly to pick on Orton based off one rough start in preseason. I think both have a chance to be good players.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by NE39
                          I like Orton, and think he will do fine in Denver. Granted, he isn't as talented as Cutler, but he is a guy you can win with. His record as a starter is 20-12, which is pretty good.

Last year, Orton seemed to be coming into his own. He played really well over the first half of the season, going 151-for-244 (61.9%), 1,777 Yds (7.3 Yds/Att), 10 TD, 4 Int, 90.8 QB Rating before getting hurt against Detriot.

After missing the following game with the injury, Orton returned and wasn't the same guy. He was 121-for-221 (54.8%), 1,195 Yds (5.4 yds/Att), 8 TD, 8 Int, 67.2 QB Rating over the remainder of the year. If he hadn't got hurt, he likely would have had a much better season.

Orton was playing in a new offense (one demanding on the QB) for a new team in his first preseason game. He had a rough start, making some mistakes. However, he is a bright guy who has been a winner, and he will turn it around. It will help him when Brandon Marshall returns. Denver has good offensive talent around him, and I think he will play well as the year goes along for Denver. He has to stay healthy and grow with the Denver offense.

I like Edwards, but it is silly to pick on Orton based off one rough start in preseason. I think both have a chance to be good players.
                          Good points. Out of curiosity, who would you rather have? You seem like an honest third party.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

It's pretty obvious that not many Bronco fans are very knowledgeable football fans. Orton is a mediocre QB and a big mistake by that fool of a HC they have. Edwards hasn't proved he deserves to be mentioned with the top QBs in the league, but I do like his potential better then Orton's.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Orton's garbage...
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X