PDA

View Full Version : What are we looking for/What do we expect tomorrow?

The Juice Is Loose
08-15-2009, 01:24 AM
As we all know, the Bills had a great record last season vs. teams that run the 4-3. The upside obviously is Lynch is available, downside obviously, no TO.

What are we looking for/expecting to see tomorrow?

I would like to see more effort to run the ball with the starting lineup. No huddle or not, if we turn into a team that throws all the time, its going to be a long season. If we draft strong guys with mean streaks well then I say let linemen do what they like to do and that is to run block.

I'm worried about our defense tomorrow night. Its Cutler's first night, and I think he'll be looking to put on a show. It wouldn't surprise me to see him light us up a little.

Hopefully we can come out with some things to be positive about.

Prov401
08-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Honestly, my focus are the trenches, and our CB's.

I expect Trent to play the first quarter, maybe a little into the 2nd. I think he'll have an effecient night, and I'm looking for him to not turn the ball over. I would like to see Buffalo run some more as well. My main focus on offense is the offensive line's ability to open holes, and being able to protect Trent.

On defense, I just want to see us not give up 3rd and longs. I want our CB's to line up close to the WR's. I was sick last week when Alge Crumpler turned 4 yard tosses into 15 yard gains because our secondary is halfway down the field. That stuff hurts a fan. And of course (though I doubt it), I want to see us rush the QB, and get to Cutler. Would be nice to get some pressures, a few sacks, and a few run stopping stuffs.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-15-2009, 01:37 AM
The lines and TE for me. I missed alot of the HOF game.

yordad
08-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I will be looking to see if the Bills come out with, and take a majority of their snaps in, the 2 tight end set. I simply think McIntyre sucks, and provides zero versitility.

I would like to see Shawn Nelson get earlier/more reps. I want to see the dude block a first teamer, and I want to see him command safety coverage. Yeah, kind of a tall order for a 5th round rookie draft pick, but I don't think we should underestimate this dude.

I want to see if one (OR BOTH) of the Dereks can prove to be a solid starting tight end.

I want to see a healthy and contributing Steve Johnson. Is he playing?

I would like to see some screen passes, with levitre getting out front and making some second level blocks.

I would like to see Karl Malone's son (Its early I forgot his name) grab that Tackle job by the face and not let go.

I want to see crisp reads and throws by Edwards. And I would like a mix. A screen, a mid ranfge throw over the middle. An out. A bomb. And an end zone lobb for a TD. Hey, it can all happen on one drive so it isn't impossible.

I want to see what Rhodes does in a Bills uni. Is he playing?

I want to see if Poz impresses as much as I think he is going to.

I want to see someone be better then Ellison (not counting Mitchell) at OLB.

I want to see no injuries.

I want to see corners on the line pressing WRs. And I want to see McKelvin straight handcuff dudes.

I want to see some QB pressures. And I would really like to see an early turnover resulting from it.

I would like to see Mitchell get sent on some blitzes.

O, gez, the list goes on and on.

Patti120
08-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Definitely OL and DL. Eyes on Levitre, Wood, Hangman, Butler, Bell, (ok the entire oline), Nelson. Would like to see Stroud play strong, we pretty much know what we get from Williams, but would like to see John Mc and Ellis step it up.

Would like to see the starters stay in there for at least the first quarter but according to Jauron it doesn't sound like that will happen unfortunately. I understand not wanting to risk injury but the reps they get in the live situations are huge.

casdhf
08-15-2009, 08:58 AM
I really want to see McCargo play.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
as everybody has said, the OL and DL will be the main focus. i wasn't impressed much by Schobel and i'll be keeping an eye on him. can Omon continue to impress? that remains to be seen. i'd like to see Hamdan continue with good play. i think he can bump Fitz from the #2 spot. Nic Harris had a good game in Canton and i'd like to see him have another strong outing. i'd like to see Levitre have a strong game as well.

justasportsfan
08-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I am looking for Maybin to be in fetal position balling his eyes off that he can't be with the team in their 2nd preseason game.