PDA

View Full Version : After the 1st Quarter (bold observations)

Mitchell55
08-15-2009, 06:54 PM
1. You may not agree but I believe Spence is our 2nd best DL. Better than Schobel, Kelsay, and Williams

2. Trent can be just as good as cutler with protection

3. We cant get rid of Roscoe at all

4. Walker doesnt look good at all. Maybe bench him flat out for Bell

5. Our defense looks very good, even our 2nd team going against the 1st team

6. I was wrong about McKelvin. Corner should be our nickel

7. I still believe harris should be front runner in LB job

SeatownBillsFan21
08-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah that's pretty bold

Dying_-2-_Live
08-15-2009, 07:21 PM
good observations... however, I dont agree with the Edwards thing...... He is BETTER than Cutler

Hemlepp53
08-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I dont agree with the Edwards thing...... He is BETTER than Cutler

Couldn't agree more. Trent looked better than Cuttler is you did a side by side comp. He looks real good and seems to feel comfortable in the Offense. Rookie 67 blew protection and gave up a sack and walker got walked on that one sack.

Trent's on the right path and if he can stay up right we should have a solid chance .. as long as the D shows up like they did.

Tatonka
08-15-2009, 08:14 PM
why exactly are you saying walker looked bad?

i saw wood fall flat on his ass and levetri go flying trying to make a block on a bad angle.. but i didnt see walker look bad at all.

cookie G
08-15-2009, 08:32 PM
2. Trent can be just as good as cutler with protection

Only if you take scoring out of the equation.

Griff
08-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Only if you take scoring out of the equation.

you're right Cutler was a touchdown machine today

cookie G
08-15-2009, 08:40 PM
you're right Cutler was a touchdown machine today

It'll take Groin Pull 3 years to approach the production Cutler did in one.

SquishDaFish
08-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Your pretty much wrong on all accounts. Walker was bad??? Hell no he wasnt, they even showed him in slow mo he gobbled up his man on most plays. And Johnson is not the 2nd best on the line, yes he had a great game tonight but that does not put him ahead of most on the DL. (So in the way you think Lankster and Hawthorn should be the best 2 at their positions on the team now right???)

Mitchell55
08-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Your pretty much wrong on all accounts. Walker was bad??? Hell no he wasnt, they even showed him in slow mo he gobbled up his man on most plays. And Johnson is not the 2nd best on the line, yes he had a great game tonight but that does not put him ahead of most on the DL. (So in the way you think CJ Hawthorne should be the best CB on the team now right???)

1st off CJ is not a CB. 2nd, Johnson today and last week has gotten constant pressure which is more than Schobel, Denney, McCargo, and Williams, have done. He also has done great in the running game. Today he played a series against the number 1 unit and looked great. It should be Stroud and Johnson, not Stroud and Williams.

yordad
08-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Couldn't agree more. Trent looked better than Cuttler is you did a side by side comp. He looks real good and seems to feel comfortable in the Offense. Rookie 67 blew protection and gave up a sack and walker got walked on that one sack.

Trent's on the right path and if he can stay up right we should have a solid chance .. as long as the D shows up like they did.Trent, 3rd year with Bills, second preseason game. Cutler first preseason game in first game with Bears. I believe you are a little premature.

Mitchell55
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Trent- 10/10 79 yds.

Cutler- 5-10, 64 yds, 1 INT

casdhf
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Nothing there is bold, borderline ******ed maybe, but nothing bold.

Mitchell55
08-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Nothing there is bold, borderline ******ed maybe, but nothing bold.

. Tell me why the **** its ******ed

Edited for TOS violation!! Name calling NOT ALLOWED!!

CuseJetsFan83
08-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah *****. Tell me why the **** its ******ed

do you ever learn?

Dr. Pepper
08-15-2009, 09:37 PM
how come ***** doesnt get x'ed out but **** and **** do?

Beastie Bills
08-15-2009, 09:44 PM

I think you should be directing blame at the coaching staff. Maybe if our coaches were 1/10th as aggressive as Shannahan and company were in Denver, Trent would have a bunch of TD's as well.

Perfect example tonight. 3rd and goal from the 14, and we run a halfback dive. It's freaking pre-season! Why not let Trent take a shot at the endzone???

cookie G
08-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Trent- 10/10 79 yds.

Cutler- 5-10, 64 yds, 1 INT

Cutler 9000 yards 54 TD's
TE 4000 yards 18 TD's

don't be daft.

mysticsoto
08-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Your pretty much wrong on all accounts. Walker was bad??? Hell no he wasnt, they even showed him in slow mo he gobbled up his man on most plays. And Johnson is not the 2nd best on the line, yes he had a great game tonight but that does not put him ahead of most on the DL. (So in the way you think Lankster and Hawthorn should be the best 2 at their positions on the team now right???)

Walker wasn't bad. He had one bad play where he got pushed in and forced Trent out of the pocket. But other than that, he was pretty solid. Still think he should lose 20 lbs. But overall, the Oline performed great. They are looking good for having 2 rookies on the line. Of course, the no-huddle is likely helping them.

The only guy that deserves to be yelled at a little might be McKinney. He got called for 2 false starts...and he's the one with probably the most experience on the line. but since he's just a backup, I didn't care that much. Still, he may be called on to play, so he needs to get his ass in gear and adapt to the no-huddle.

MassEffect218435
08-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Some of you are nuts, Edwards is a lower-tier QB while Cutler is on the border of being an elite level QB. The guy has a good pre-season game and everyone is ready to get the annointing oil out. Amazing...

ddaryl
08-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Trents weakness is red zone O and finishing... but the guy is smart and efficient and with T.O. / Evans should progress well this year

IMHO

Griff
08-16-2009, 02:49 AM

wow, you're such a great Bills fan.

Griff
08-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Some of you are nuts, Edwards is a lower-tier QB while Cutler is on the border of being an elite level QB. The guy has a good pre-season game and everyone is ready to get the annointing oil out. Amazing...

you're right throwing for 50% and 1 INT is elite level play.

Griff
08-16-2009, 02:52 AM
TE 4000 yards 18 TD's

don't be daft.

yeah and Montana had better career numbers than both of them, but guess what, if he got out on the field today he'd get destroyed. Its not about what you did last year, its about what you did last game. And guess what, your crush, was embarassed.

SquishDaFish
08-16-2009, 07:41 AM
1st off CJ is not a CB. 2nd, Johnson today and last week has gotten constant pressure which is more than Schobel, Denney, McCargo, and Williams, have done. He also has done great in the running game. Today he played a series against the number 1 unit and looked great. It should be Stroud and Johnson, not Stroud and Williams.

I was responding to your comments to quick. I fixed my comments right away wthin 2 mins. So go reread what I meant to say

Jan Reimers
08-16-2009, 07:51 AM
As far as Spencer Johson, he does look much improved over last year. McCargo looks better, too. I wouldn't worry too much about who starts beside Stroud, because we're going to run a rotation at DT. Having 4 good DTs is essential.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2009, 08:04 AM
As far as Spencer Johson, he does look much improved over last year. McCargo looks better, too. I wouldn't worry too much about who starts beside Stroud, because we're going to run a rotation at DT. Having 4 good DTs is essential.

I don't know why people are fixated on the DTs. Our DTs are fine. It's the crap that is sitting on the outside. I watched Schobel get handled with zero double teams on him.

cookie G
08-16-2009, 11:00 AM
wow, you're such a great Bills fan.

Been one since the OJ era.

And you?

cookie G
08-16-2009, 11:01 AM
yeah and Montana had better career numbers than both of them, but guess what, if he got out on the field today he'd get destroyed. Its not about what you did last year, its about what you did last game. And guess what, your crush, was embarassed.

well....in his last game, TE had 0 TD drives. Damn, that's exciting!

SABURZFAN
08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I watched Schobel get handled with zero double teams on him.

stick a fork in Schobel. he's done.

Bufftp
08-16-2009, 12:05 PM
well....in his last game, TE had 0 TD drives. Damn, that's exciting!
Quite frankly that is my concern. No TD's. Lack of TD production killed us last year. You can move the ball up and down the field all day, but if you only score 3 pts you won't win.

SABURZFAN
08-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah *****. Tell me why the **** its ******ed

don't get worked up by the ******s in this thread, Mitch.

Philagape
08-16-2009, 12:21 PM
TE 4000 yards 18 TD's

don't be daft.

Edwards outplayed him last time they went head-to-head too. And won because of it.

(waiting for the first patsy to bring up the yardage)

cookie G
08-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Edwards outplayed him last time they went head-to-head too. And won because of it.

(waiting for the first patsy to bring up the yardage)

ooo, he beat the NFL"s 29th ranked pass defense in a meaningless game, after wasting his team's playoff hopes with horrendous play in the 2nd half of the year.

I'll start preparing his Canton speech now.