PDA

View Full Version : Give me your opinion on last night's game.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2009, 08:14 AM
My teenager decided to screw up my DVR recording of the game last night. I watched it in the background while we were at some friends last night so I have to wait til Monday night to see the game with full attention.

For some reason I was fixated on Schobel and didn't see anything that looked to impressive but I'll hold judgement til Tuesday.

So with that said can anyone confirm the following:

1) Is Mckelvin going to be the next superstar on this team?

2) Edwards looks like a guy on a mission. Nice bootleg.

3) Did Hardy play?

4) Is Nic Harris the starter on opening day?

5) Why are we keeping both Schouman and Fine?

6) Does Ko Simpson get cut because he got his jock handed to him by the 3 stringers?

Thoughts?

Typ0
08-16-2009, 08:20 AM
I was thinking Hardy is going to be cut. We don't need him.

SquishDaFish
08-16-2009, 08:26 AM

I thought McKelvin looked good. Nice INT (But the D having them play off 5-10 yards sucks.)

He did look real good and without TO

3) Did Hardy play?

Hardy still isnt back from the injury yet but announcers I think said he is real close.

If he keeps making the improvements then yes I think he will. He made one screwup in coverage last night but made some nice plays also.

Well if the 2 young guys keep making plays I dont see how we can. Fine looked good though.

6) Does Ko Simpson get cut because he got his jock handed to him by the 3 stringers?

Im starting to think he will be cut. Looks like **** IMO

Jan Reimers
08-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't think they'll cut Hardy. He's still very young and raw, but he has some talent and hasn't played enough, as a second rounder, for the team to give up on him. Roscoe may get traded in order to free up a WR roster slot.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2009, 08:47 AM

I thought about this in wake of what Nelson brings. Nelson already looks like he knows how to run routes, something that Hardy was AWFUL at last year. Hardy stays this year to develop behind TO but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't see year three here.

mysticsoto
08-16-2009, 08:49 AM
My teenager decided to screw up my DVR recording of the game last night. I watched it in the background while we were at some friends last night so I have to wait til Monday night to see the game with full attention.

For some reason I was fixated on Schobel and didn't see anything that looked to impressive but I'll hold judgement til Tuesday.

3) Did Hardy play?

Thoughts?

1) If McKelvin is not a superstar, he will still be a good CB for us and allows us to let McGee go.

2) Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick were superb in handling the no-huddle.

3) Hardy did not play and quite frankly is not needed yet. Let him heal completely and learn from TO in the meantime.

4) Based on what I've seen, Harris will be the starter.

5) ??? Are you saying this b'cse of Stupar? They'll probably keep 3 TEs on the roster. That's Nelson, Schouman and Fine. Even though Stupar has looked good, none of the others has done badly to lose their job to him...

6) Ko has looked terrible. Is too bad Byrd will not be ready to replace him yet. But Wilson and Wendling haven't been great either. Wendling contributes on STs so he has the inside track and Wilson has the better hands than either. Ko at this point has nothing...

Pinkerton Security
08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
1) If McKelvin is not a superstar, he will still be a good CB for us and allows us to let McGee go.

2) Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick were superb in handling the no-huddle.

3) Hardy did not play and quite frankly is not needed yet. Let him heal completely and learn from TO in the meantime.

4) Based on what I've seen, Harris will be the starter.

5) ??? Are you saying this b'cse of Stupar? They'll probably keep 3 TEs on the roster. That's Nelson, Schouman and Fine. Even though Stupar has looked good, none of the others has done badly to lose their job to him...

6) Ko has looked terrible. Is too bad Byrd will not be ready to replace him yet. But Wilson and Wendling haven't been great either. Wendling contributes on STs so he has the inside track and Wilson has the better hands than either. Ko at this point has nothing...

I dont understand why we would want to let McGee go....who would start for us? If we let McGee go, it would be completely ******ed

casdhf
08-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't see us keeping McGee either. We'll have big money tied up in McLovin, Florence will be under contract, Corner looks damn good and so do alot of these younger guys. I think it'll be a numbers game with one starter out, much like Greer ended up last off-season.

jamze132
08-16-2009, 10:25 AM
That's an ignorant post. Do you honestly think the Bills are going to cut a guy who was drafted in the 2nd round last year and who has been injured? Come on man, you're better than that.

Pinkerton Security
08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't see us keeping McGee either. We'll have big money tied up in McLovin, Florence will be under contract, Corner looks damn good and so do alot of these younger guys. I think it'll be a numbers game with one starter out, much like Greer ended up last off-season.

i agree its a possibility he may leave for more money, but damn I'll be pissed if we let yet another starting CB go...

Typ0
08-16-2009, 11:02 AM
That's an ignorant post. Do you honestly think the Bills are going to cut a guy who was drafted in the 2nd round last year and who has been injured? Come on man, you're better than that.

I don't think it's that ignorant. I just see better options on the roster right now. I know, it's sad but that's the way it goes with draft picks. If the choice was between Parish & Hardy on the roster which would you pick?

SABURZFAN
08-16-2009, 11:06 AM
here's what i saw....

- Edwards looked good but i felt a couple of his passes were lousy.
- Stupar could make the team if the Bills carry 4 TE's.
- Fitzpatrick looked much better than he did last week.
- Lankster and Harris continue to impress.

now for the bad.....

- Ko Simpson looked like crap. i think he gets cut.
- Wendling has done nothing impressive. i think i saw somebody run him over.
- stick a fork in Schobel. he's done.
- the OL continues to struggle with the run game.

Dujek
08-16-2009, 11:07 AM

3) Did Hardy play?

Thoughts?

1. McKelvin can be a great superstar in the NFL, never mind just for the Bills. The kid has great hands as a DB, electrifying pace, he can cover well, and he's a fantastic kick returner. If the Bills have a good year he's going to be a big reason why.

2. Edwards is a good QB, I've been saying that all along. He needs to stay healthy though. If the line can give him enough time he, Owens and Evans will all have big years. Still worried about the line keeping him healthy though.

3. No, still not healthy. He stay to learn from Owens though, because he has all the physical tools to be a huge star in the future.

4. No. He still doesn't know enough about playing LB to be the opening day starter. He'll be the starter before the end of the season though.

5. Because Nelson, Schouman and Fine are our 3 best TEs, and we need 3 TEs on the roster. Silly question.

6. He could be cut, but I don't think we'll be that lucky. It all depends on Byrd getting healthy before the season starts.

mysticsoto
08-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I dont understand why we would want to let McGee go....who would start for us? If we let McGee go, it would be completely ******ed

For the simple matter of economics and the same reason we let Nate Clements go. McGee is going to want to cash in and with the loaded talent we have at the position, we don't have to break the bank to keep him now. Who would start? McKelvin was chosen as a #1 pick for a reason. He is destined to take over as the top CB on the team and has been coming along great. Who will be #2? Debateable, but Corner, Lankster, Florence and Youboty will no doubt be all in the mix trying to get that coveted spot. Lankster has looked great for a rookie, and I will not be surprised if he steps up to take the spot next year.

Yasgur's Farm
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM
If the choice was between Parish & Hardy on the roster which would you pick?
Hands down Hardy!

LtFinFan66
08-16-2009, 01:46 PM

3) Did Hardy play?

Thoughts?kinda boring

Commissioner
08-16-2009, 01:55 PM

3) Did Hardy play?

Thoughts?

McKelvin is definitely going to be a baller.... the guy's got mad skills and is aggressive. His mind just has to catchup to his playing ability....

I am really impressed with Edwards so far. I really think if the Bills cut him... Billy Belichick would be all over him. If he played in the Patriots offense he would be a future hall of famer. He's going to have a huge year if the Oline can protect him.

Nic Harris was a steal.... he's always around the ball. If Ellison starts over him, then our coaches blow donkey doo doo. Which we already know.

Commissioner
08-16-2009, 01:57 PM
here's what i saw....

- Edwards looked good but i felt a couple of his passes were lousy.

He went 10/10.... which completion was lousy?

LtFinFan66
08-16-2009, 02:05 PM
McKelvin is definitely going to be a baller.... the guy's got mad skills and is aggressive. His mind just has to catchup to his playing ability....

I am really impressed with Edwards so far. I really think if the Bills cut him... Billy Belichick would be all over him. If he played in the Patriots offense he would be a future hall of famer. He's going to have a huge year if the Oline can protect him.

Nic Harris was a steal.... he's always around the ball. If Ellison starts over him, then our coaches blow donkey doo doo. Which we already know.why in the hell would you even mention "if Edwards were cut". Like that would ever happen

Commissioner
08-16-2009, 02:35 PM
why in the hell would you even mention "if Edwards were cut". Like that would ever happen

I guess i was thinking in my mind if the season doesn't go well, and the organization gets blown up to rebuild ... for some ******ed reason a new GM or coach decided to cut him. Kinda like Denver and McDaniels deciding that Cutler wasn't there guy.

I was just trying to express his potential value in the league.

Not that I think he would ever get cut.

LtFinFan66
08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
ahh..ok

BillsWin
08-16-2009, 03:01 PM
you dont cut a second round pick after one year. a year in which he had to sit out with injury. Hardy was a raw prospect coming out of college but his upside is tremendous. From everything Ive heard at camp, even his routes after practice look crisp. T.O has been helping him out, his recovery is moving quick and from what Ive heard he looks like he may be ready to play right out of the gate after returning to the field because hes been very studious. Seeing as Owens here next year is undecided, Id say Hardy makes the team.

SABURZFAN
08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
He went 10/10.... which completion was lousy?

one of them was to Lynch for the 8 yard gain. Lynch had to stop his stride to reach back for the ball. had the pass been on target, he would have gotten more yards. there was another pass (i forgot to who) where it was a little off.

THATHURMANATOR
08-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Cut Hardy? Cut Johnson over Hardy....WTF.

SquishDaFish
08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Hardy would not get cut. That was one dumb comment. Noone cuts a player they just drafted high in year 2 NOONE. Kid is going to be good he will make an impact this year and be a #2 next year when TO leaves.

BillsWin
08-16-2009, 07:57 PM
agreed beast. although im not so sure the jurys out on to being around longer. the honeymoon isnt over yet. the fans love him. who knows what happens this year? the bills are an enigma.

yordad
08-16-2009, 08:45 PM
1) Is Mckelvin going to be the next superstar on this team? If you mean "franchise player", he has all the tools. If I had to take my guess now, I say yes.

3) Did Hardy play? No. He is shooting for preseason game 5 for his return.

4) Is Nic Harris the starter on opening day? I have seen enough already to say yes. But, I don't think the Bills will make the move.

5) Why are we keeping both Schouman and Fine? Are you suggesting the Bills just keep 1 tight end?

6) Does Ko Simpson get cut because he got his jock handed to him by the 3 stringers? Gez he is bad. It doesn't help that his competition is too. Personally, I would keep Wilson. Whitner, Scott, Byrd, Wilson.

BillsWin
08-16-2009, 09:39 PM
The kid is talented. Very talented. I think getting schooled by T.O and Lee in practice is going to help him in the long run. He was worth the 11th pick in last year's draft and continues to improve.

That is an understatment, the bootleg worked to perfection. Edwards and Turk made the right call. but, it was Edwards who faked and tucked perfectly, all 11 players on D were completely fooled. Why dont we bootleg ever, again?

3) Did Hardy play?
No. Chris Brown believes he will be ready to rock in the last preseason game, and that is where the doctors placed him, but that was months ago. Hes been running routes after practice and says he has done it at full speed. Id say he may be back vs. Pittsburgh, but most likely against Detroit. Im sure hed get some good reps that game.

If the fans vote counted yes. I think weve all seen enough to see he has more upside than a Keith Ellison. Ive said it since we drafted him and announced hed play SLB. Of course I covered him at OU and have always said the guy needs to play LB, not S. He was too slow to play safety, but too talented not to be on the field. Let him get some number one reps I say. Maybe Dick Jauron doesnt want to hurt Ellison's feelings?

Well, Schouman had a nice catch last night. The front office and coaches love him. They think hes our starter. But if I had to pick my top three Id want Nelson, Fine and Stupar. Stupar has been magnificent since he dawned a Bills uniform. Last night, he was on his A game. He deserves a roster spot. Schouman has been non-exsistant, so has Fine but Fine is too young, and too well-liked to be dropped after one season. Nelson was drafted to be our future and Stupar is too good. Is it possible the Bills drop the FB to keep 4 TEs?????

I hate talking about KO, because I really feel sorry for him. Everything from off field stupidity to injuries to a wasted pick and wasted talent has me just really upset about the whole Simpson deal. I really dont think the Bills will keep him. Which is even more sad because I think they tried to trade him last year and maybe we could have gotten a pick. Id love nothing better for him to just light it up, but it seems to me that he has just quit. that is one thing I cant stand, a quitter. Plus I think Byrd in the 2nd was the final nail in his coffin. which brings me to this question, "Is Byrd ever going to practice???"

The only thing that would keep Ko on this roster past cuts is if Scott is more seriously injured than we thought or if Byrd never heals up in time.

Mad Max
08-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't think it's that ignorant. I just see better options on the roster right now. I know, it's sad but that's the way it goes with draft picks. If the choice was between Parish & Hardy on the roster which would you pick?

Hardy, no contest.

Hardy can (read, will) learn to run routes, Roscoe P. (Coltrane) can't learn to be 6'-5".

Throne Logic
08-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Imagine if Hardy does return strong and puts it all together. We could see the Bills line up Owens, Hardy, and Nelson for the Red Zone offense. Talk about creating size mismatches. Oh yeah, and that other WR out there is some guy named Evans. . .

That would likely be the solution to the Red Zone woes. No way any defense can cover all those targets. And it will keep D's from stacking the box for Lynch and Jackson.

jamze132
08-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Honestly, I would stick with hardy because his upside is a lot higher than Parrish's. All Parrish does is return punts. Granted he is one of the best in the game, I'm pretty sure someone on the roster will step in and handle the duties responsibly.

Hardy has the potential to be a #1 WR one day. TO isn't going to be around forever so there is absolutely no reason why Hardy should be cut or traded. With him and Steve Johnson hopefully developing more this season, we will be in pretty good condition for the first time in a long time at WR.

Typ0
08-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I think if it comes down to a cut for a roster spot it's going to very difficult to pick Hardy over the best punt returner in the league. Our WRs are stacked and hardy isn't going to contribute that much.

mysticsoto
08-18-2009, 09:55 AM
I think if it comes down to a cut for a roster spot it's going to very difficult to pick Hardy over the best punt returner in the league. Our WRs are stacked and hardy isn't going to contribute that much.

I think you're crazy. Hardy hasn't had an opportunity to show what he can do yet and with his physical credentials, he will undoubtedly be retained. TO here is temporary. Hardy could be our #2 for a very long time alongside Evans. Jenkins will be let go 1st. Parrish also. Punt return is all Parrish is good for now. As a receiver, all you have to do is touch him and he coughs up the ball. Why keep him when Reed is a better slot receiver? He may be the best PR, but we'll just have to give someone else a try - I'd like to see what Lankster can do with his speed...

justasportsfan
08-18-2009, 09:59 AM
I think you're crazy. Hardy hasn't had an opportunity to show what he can do yet and with his physical credentials, he will undoubtedly be retained. TO here is temporary. Hardy could be our #2 for a very long time alongside Evans. Jenkins will be let go 1st. Parrish also. Punt return is all Parrish is good for now. As a receiver, all you have to do is touch him and he coughs up the ball. Why keep him when Reed is a better slot receiver? He may be the best PR, but we'll just have to give someone else a try - I'd like to see what Lankster can do with his speed...
I agree. We can't cut Hardy when TO and Parrish might be gone next year.