PDA

View Full Version : Upside/gamble -VS- AsIs/security

Marvelous
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Wanna get a feel for the masses when it comes to our starting unit.
-Do you prefer the reliability of Fine or Schouman, or the lack of poilish but higher upside(objective) Of rook Nelson?

-Same with Rook LB Harris. Upside/questionmark -vs- reliability/no upside Keith Ellison?

--It's obvious that we wanna land a star player whenever possible, but some of our players shouldn't be tossed to the curb in the meantime..

/thoughts on your stance view on this?

BigZ
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd add another with Florence vs Lankster? Maybe also Rhodes vs Oman.

trapezeus
08-17-2009, 10:52 AM
i think there is a natural balance that you have to find. for the TE's i think if nelson and stupar out play fine and shouman, we should keep those two and only one between fine and shouman. Fine and shouman aren't that much of an upgrade over rookies, in my opinion. And nelson clearly has more upside

For harris and ellison, i think harris needs to develop a little bit and our LB core is so thin, it isn't and issue to keep them both.

Lankster and florence. if florence's injury is serious or going to take time, he is new to the team. there isn't much lost if we let him go. Lankster, if he is someone who can stay healthy makes more of acase to be on the team than A. Youboty.

Mahdi
08-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Wanna get a feel for the masses when it comes to our starting unit.
-Do you prefer the reliability of Fine or Schouman, or the lack of poilish but higher upside(objective) Of rook Nelson?

-Same with Rook LB Harris. Upside/questionmark -vs- reliability/no upside Keith Ellison?

--It's obvious that we wanna land a star player whenever possible, but some of our players shouldn't be tossed to the curb in the meantime..

/thoughts on your stance view on this?
I think in the NFL today, just being on the field and being reliable is not enough. When you play against Tom Brady and Drew Brees you need to make plays.

Harris looks like he is a playmaker and from the looks of it has taken his conditioning seriously. He looks jacked up. Ellison looks like a safey.

If I had the decision I would actually move Mitchell over to SLB and let Harris run loose at WLB.