X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Fitzpatrick will be a great pickup.

He is doing exactly what we need him to do. He knows he is the backup and is content with the role. He also should win us some games if needed.

What got lost here is that he does an excellent job of helping the starter with game day preparation. Something that Edwards has now alluded to in a couple of interviews. This is one of the reasons that the Bills were so high on getting him.

A better backup would have won us two games last year. 9-7 and no one is *****ing on this site about Jauron or Edwards.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Fitzpatrick will be a great pickup.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    He is doing exactly what we need him to do. He knows he is the backup and is content with the role. He also should win us some games if needed.

What got lost here is that he does an excellent job of helping the starter with game day preparation. Something that Edwards has now alluded to in a couple of interviews. This is one of the reasons that the Bills were so high on getting him.

A better backup would have won us two games last year. 9-7 and no one is *****ing on this site about Jauron or Edwards.
    Hm, a positive post from HH? OK...

Well I agree. There won't be any controversy over who is the starter. Fitzpatrick should have a better record as a backup than Losman. Hopefully Fitzpatrick won't be needed at all, but as long as he performs as well as he did Saturday then it's good to have him around.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i still like Hamdan over Fitzpatrick.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

He only has to stink it up in one of the games left in preseason before someone here changes his opinion.....AGAIN
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

The only thing I really like about him at this point is his intelligence. We have some very smart quarterbacks and that should go a long way in preparation for each game. His skill set is that of a mid-level backup to me, which is basically what he's going to be. I still have no confidence in him at all if Edwards were to go down, which unfortunately has been a bit of a trend in the early going. Edwards has the weapons now and really needs to step it up this year in terms of production, but much of that is going to hinge on the OL, which I also have no confidence in at this point. I think Trent could be a Top 10 QB in this league if he had a solid line in front of him.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            i still like Hamdan over Fitzpatrick.
            Why? What has Hamdan done over the last few years to make you prefer him? He's shown he's very limited and after several years, not likely to improve more than what he is right now...

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

It's ridiculous how people started counting him out before he even had a chance to learn the offense. Last game was just proof that things are starting to click for him. That's right... starting to click.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                It's ridiculous how people started counting him out before he even had a chance to learn the offense. Last game was just proof that things are starting to click for him. That's right... starting to click.
                we don't have that luxury. We needed our qb's to get it 2 years ago and not, a few more games.

Everytime we try to give someone an excuse like, starting to learn , don't forget what the fins did in their first year of rebuild. We are in a tough division and I think it's gonna get tougher against the jets defensively. Our division rivals are not going to wait for anyone on this team to devlop.

In defense ,I didn't think he was as bad as some people here made him out to be . I thought he'd be a disaster in the first game but he didn't make me puke.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

I liked Fitz when he was in ST Louis, this was a great signing for us and like it was said earlier knows he is the backup and is not pissed about it.

Comment

• cocamide
                    • Oct 2006

I feel much better about having him as a backup after this game then I did in the first game. I can understand that he's learning a new system and all, but he looked nervous and uncomfortable during the first game. He's been in the league long enough to not get that uncomfortable during a game, especially a preseason one. He did look very poised in the second, though. Let's hope he keeps that up, but that we'll never have a need to see him in the regular season. Well, unless we're blowing out some team.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

One more time. He is the backup QB. Backup. When he's not on the field his job will be helping Edwards look at stuff. Carson Palmer made a point of saying that Fitzpatrick was a huge help in game prep.

To keep in perspective Losman was a giant zero when it came to offering anything to help us win. At least Fitzpatrick will be reading Ds and helping Edwards.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

at 9-7 last year Id feel alittle better about Jauron. But Dickey J needs to put it all together this year or hes gone. His gameday decisions and clock management is awful.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

on point though Hurricane, I have loved the Fitz signing from the beginning. Hamdan, I have had my doubts about, but he probably wont even play and he helps Trent. Fitz is smart, and this is the perfect system for him. the only reason Ive thrown Griese's name around is to maybe replace Hamdan. That would make for a solid group of signal callers.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

my faith in Fitzie comes from how he did against Chicago.

I'll need to see some repeat performances to fully wash out the training camp feedback taste from my mouth... but none the less I'm encouraged by what I saw Saturday

Comment

Working...
                            X