PDA

View Full Version : any 3-4 defenses left in preseason

trapezeus
08-17-2009, 08:26 AM
While the overall prognosis of the bears game was positive and a good step forward from the titans game, we did well against a 4-3 defense. We usually hold our own against 4-3. Do we have another 3-4 opponent before we face the Patriots? A good showing by the starters against a decent 3-4 would raise everyone's spirits i think.

BlackMetalNinja
08-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Yes, Green Bay has converted to the 3-4 this season and Pittsburgh also runs a 3-4. The Lions run the 4-3 still though I believe.

trapezeus
08-17-2009, 08:35 AM
great to hear. i think i'm confident the bills can stay in games with a team with a struggling offense and a base 4-3 defense. i think they struggle mightily with a 3-4 defense and a creative offense. That's what the pats historically have been. if we can look good against the steelers with our starters, come out with no to few injuries, that monday night game will get even more exciting.

psubills62
08-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Green Bay should be a decent test. They shut out Cleveland on the way to 4 INT's. And Pittsburgh is always a good test. The good thing is that Pittsburgh will be the game where the starters play extensively. I'm very intrigued to see how the no-huddle does against a 3-4 defense over a longer period of time.

Prov401
08-17-2009, 08:39 AM
The 3rd pre-season game is where most starters play. And there is no better team for us to be going against in 2 weeks than the SB champ Steelers. I think we will be able to tell alot from how that one plays out, at least in the first half.

justasportsfan
08-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't think there is much you can do to prepare against NE since they switch defenses during the game to try and confuse the qb. The main thing is that Trent should dictate to the D what they should be doing .

One things for sure, the PAts are going to prepare vs. the no huddle.

Ickybaluky
08-17-2009, 10:13 AM
While I doubt they have thrown out the 3-4, the Pats have spent all of camp playing 4-3, and did so as well in their first preseason game. Myron Pryor, a 6th round pick this year, has had a strong camp and played with the ones against Philly. On top of that, they have acquired Derrick Burgess (a 4-3 DE) and traded LeKevin Smith, a reserve 3-4 DE.

In other words, the Pats will play a lot more 4-3 looks this year, as their biggest strength on defense is the DL.

Chewytie
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Overall I think we will do well against any non zone defense team.