X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Battle at DE is Huge!

They currently have six DEs on the roster. That is either 1 or 2 too many.

Schobel

Kelsay

Denney

Maybin

Bryan

Ellis

Honestly, I think Copeland Bryan has shown in his limited playing time this year and last year that he has way more potential and playmaking ability than both Kelsay and Denney.

If the Bills keep Kelsay and Denney and let Bryan go it would be a mistake. I honestly dont see what Kelsay brings to this defense. Denney looks like he has improved his pass rush moves, especially his bull rush.

If Maybin can prove to the coaches that Kelsay is expendable than that would greatly improve Bryan's chances of making the team, if not, the Bills will have to, IMO, make the tough decision and let Kelsay go.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Battle at DE is Huge!

Maybin? Who is he?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Just a big battle of mediochrity - not one of them can consistantly get pressure on an opposing QB.
      Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

if we let a denney or kelsay go, we get cap relief on that, or are we stuck paying out the contract this year?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
          Just a big battle of mediochrity - not one of them can consistantly get pressure on an opposing QB.
          but the philosophy is not to kill the qb. It's all about playing not to lose.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
            I dont remember the last time Kelsay beat an OT clean and forced a fumble off the QB.

Bryan has shown that he can be disruptive.

If you go back and watch the play last year where Kawika picks off Rivers in the endzone, it was Bryan who beat the OT clean and was about to sack Rivers right before he threw it.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

its a little too light around the DE spot, if you get my drift
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I would not be surprised if Denney is the odd man out, if Mayin gets to camp this week and plays reasonably well over next few weeks

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I think the Bills should trade Kelsey for a football. I'm thinking the Billsa re hoping Maybin can be an immediate starter. Otherwise, I would cut Denny, our leading sack artist last year, lol.

They are going to need every last preseason game to sort out that log jam.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

logjam at DE? I'd call a logjam at a position where you got great players and adequate backups and know you are cutting someone of quality. You cut kelsay, denney or maybe even schobel (although i can imagine a team that needs depth behind some studs being interested in schobel) won't stir much around the league.

These guys are bums. and yeah, we have a bunch of DE's right now, but it's not packed with great players or players on the rise. I think the DE's at the point are just under adequate for our D. but we havent' seen Maybin yet, and we are hoping schobel is good enough to get the double teams.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      logjam at DE? I'd call a logjam at a position where you got great players and adequate backups and know you are cutting someone of quality. You cut kelsay, denney or maybe even schobel (although i can imagine a team that needs depth behind some studs being interested in schobel) won't stir much around the league.

These guys are bums. and yeah, we have a bunch of DE's right now, but it's not packed with great players or players on the rise. I think the DE's at the point are just under adequate for our D. but we havent' seen Maybin yet, and we are hoping schobel is good enough to get the double teams.
                      I guess we define "log jam" differently. I don't think it automatically implies an abundance of awesome talent. Just a group with releatively equal talents.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I dont see what the Battle really is, none of them have shown any kind of consistent pash rush abilities. Our hope lies in Maybin who will have missed over three weeks of camp and likely three preseason games...
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I dont see what the Battle really is, none of them have shown any kind of consistent pash rush abilities. Our hope lies in Maybin who will have missed over three weeks of camp and likely three preseason games...
                          Just because they are not great players it doesn't mean its not a battle. You think Kelsay, Denney and Bryan are just sitting around patting eachother on the back?

While Bryan getting cut wouldn't be a huge story, Kelsay or Denney being cut in favor of Bryan would be a pretty big story IMO.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            I would not be surprised if Denney is the odd man out, if Mayin gets to camp this week and plays reasonably well over next few weeks
                            Unfortunately, I think you are right - but it would be a mistake. Denney plays better than Kelsay and also contributes on STs. Kelsay has been a disappointed since he started. Ellis and Bryan played their asses off last game and showed improvement in their play, rushed the qb, stripped him, etc. But dropping Kelsay would mean a higher cap hit (I'd still do it though). Kelsay is always 5-10 yards or more away from the ball - even when they run toward him...

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              That and maybe Ellis waking up one morning becoming a stud overnight.
                              Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X