• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

is there another kicker in camp?

i didn't see the bears game, i was curious if we brought in someone to push lindell. i know his stats say he's not that bad, yet somehow i never have faith in the guy. is there anyone else we are looking at or are we only looking at kicks from inside the 40 for another full year?
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: is there another kicker in camp?

I don't think they have either another kicker or punter in camp.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

My concern isnt about somebody pushing Lindell but the fact that he and Moorman have to play an extra preseason game and handle all the kickoff and punting duties. Im concerned about leg fatigue late in the year.

Moorman has avg of 4.5 punts a game so far, that's just under 20 punts for the preseason. That's a lot imo.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
        I don't think they have either another kicker or punter in camp.
        For some stupid reason, they cut the backup K/P early after the first week of camp.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          My concern isnt about somebody pushing Lindell but the fact that he and Moorman have to play an extra preseason game and handle all the kickoff and punting duties. Im concerned about leg fatigue late in the year.

Moorman has avg of 4.5 punts a game so far, that's just under 20 punts for the preseason. That's a lot imo.
          I've been saying the same thing. It makes no sense that they chose to do this, especially with having 5 preseason games.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

maybe that's how awesome the no huddle is going to be. moorman isn't going to get fatigue except from jogging out to hold all those PAT kicks. And lindel from 25 yards is kind of automatic.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
              maybe that's how awesome the no huddle is going to be. moorman isn't going to get fatigue except from jogging out to hold all those PAT kicks. And lindel from 25 yards is kind of automatic.
              Lord knows that is all we do once we get to the red zone anyways...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy

As long as he isn't burned out in camp activity, there shouldn't be a problem. I mean really? Leg fatigue after a half a dozen kicks a week?

Really, I believe I saw a story of how they were using a juggs machine to simulate the punts in camp, so he doesn't have to do that.

And Lindell shouldn't have more than four kickoffs a game when the regular season starts.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Moorman is the best punter in the league and we don't need anyone to challenge Lindell. Lindell has been hitting things outside 50 yards when we need them and that's the reason you let him play.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Typ0
                    we don't need anyone to challenge Lindell. Lindell has been hitting things outside 50 yards when we need them and that's the reason you let him play.
                    You're right. Putting the ball in the endzone on kickoffs is SOOO overrated. As is not kicking the opening kickoff out of bounds.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      As long as he isn't burned out in camp activity, there shouldn't be a problem. I mean really? Leg fatigue after a half a dozen kicks a week?
                      Really, I believe I saw a story of how they were using a juggs machine to simulate the punts in camp, so he doesn't have to do that.

And Lindell shouldn't have more than four kickoffs a game when the regular season starts.
                      They do over a dozen reps a day in just practice, usually in most camps thats split between two kickers and two punters.

The Bills will have spent roughly three weeks at St. John Fisher, so just basic calculation tells us that each kicker will have kicked the ball at least 252 times before their 3rd preseason game even. So yes I think leg fatigue late in the season is something to be concerned about.

Teams use the juggs machine to work out the return men not to sub for a punter who still has to get his work in everyday.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Seems they usually do bring in someone else for camp, just to kick so the others can practice. I was kind of surprised they didn't myself.

I remember Moormans first year here. We scooped him up from a different league that just ended. As the season wore on, his average dropped because he had been kicking for months longer then anyone else.

The next year he sustained a high marks for the duration.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

We had a place kicker, Danny Urrego, in camp earlier this year, but we cut him. We have had kickers and punters in the preseason several times in recent years, and I don't know why we don't have them now. I worry about Moorman specifically, because he hasn't been himself the last two seasons.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Could it be that we're finally starting to fill this team with enough young talent, it's hard enough to hold a roster spot for an extra kicker? I cherish the thought.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Honestly... if we have to worry about Moorman's kick count, we're already screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X