PDA

View Full Version : Another way to keep 6 CBs.....

yordad
08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
So, the Bills drafted Byrd for his ball hawking ability. The had all intentions of making his a FS becasue of his tendancy to intercept a good amount of passes.....

So Safety we tentively have:

Whitner
Scott
Byrd
Simpson

At CB

McGee
McKelvin
Florence
Corner
Youboty

What if we tried Lankster at safety. He seems to be a bit of a ball halk as well. Is he too undersized for free safety? That would allow the Bills the ability to cut Simpson, eliminating the weakest link in the entire secondary. And, it would allow them to keep Laskster without another position be a guy short.

Thoughts?

trapezeus
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
i wouldn't even keep simpson on the safety list. that'd make keeping him as a safety or any of the DB's as a safety much easier.

Simpson isn't the same guy after his leg injury. he's incredibly slow and undisciplined (legally and on the field with his angles to ball carrers).

Mahdi
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
So, the Bills drafted Byrd for his ball hawking ability. The had all intentions of making his a FS becasue of his tendancy to intercept a good amount of passes.....

Whitner
Scott
Byrd
Simpson

At CB

McGee
McKelvin
Florence
Corner
Youboty

What if we tried Lankster at safety. He seems to be a bit of a ball halk as well. Is he too undersized for free safety? That would allow the Bills the ability to cut Simpson, eliminating the weakest link in the entire secondary. And, it would allow them to keep Laskster without another position be a guy short.

Thoughts?
I think Wilson is the 4th safety ahead of Simpson. He is also better on special teams.

As for CBs, I think we keep 6. McTandem, Corner, Youboty, Lankster, Florence.

yordad
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
i wouldn't even keep simpson on the safety list. that'd make keeping him as a safety or any of the DB's as a safety much easier.

Simpson isn't the same guy after his leg injury. he's incredibly slow and undisciplined (legally and on the field with his angles to ball carrers).I agree. I do not like Simpson on ther Bills. But, unless someone else can play safety, Wendling and Wilson are his only competition. Personally, I like Wilson (I think the Bills have Simpson ahead), but any of three would be a weak link.

Not that the #4 safety sees much playing time, it is just that the Bills have to find room for Lankster, and only 3 safeties would be very risky.

psubills62
08-17-2009, 01:20 PM
I had been thinking after the draft that Lankster would see some time at FS. He's got speed and he's a ballhawk. But I think if he were going to be counted as depth at FS, he'd have seen some time there at this point.

Honestly, I see them keeping 6 CB's anyway. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Lankster, Corner. Obviously McGee and McKelvin are in. Corner is doing well. Lankster has been playing well every time he's in. Youboty, although he has dealt with a lot of injuries, is good in coverage, an excellent tackler and a decent blitzer. Florence is a decent slot CB with experience.

IMO, it's easy enough to keep 6 CB's.

Mitchell55
08-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Whitner
Scott
Byrd
Simpson

At CB

McGee
McKelvin
Florence
Corner
Youboty

Thoughts?

I was going to make the same post yesturday, but didnt feel like getting bashed

Oaf
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Cut the two crappiest players in our secondary, Wendling and Simpson, and keep on of the better ones, Lankster. Easy as that. 4 Safeties, 6 CBs.

Give a few FS reps to Youboty if you want.

Oaf
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
:phew:

madness
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Jauron will keep 10 in the secondary regardless so there is no need to get all fancy with the positions.

Last two years we kept 5 CB's and 5 S. This year, there's a very good chance we'll go with 6 DB's and 4 S.

cocamide
08-17-2009, 04:10 PM
We should plan on Youboty going on IR sometime this year. We need to have something in place when that happens.

BillsWin
08-17-2009, 04:47 PM
drop Simpson and move Lankster to safety.

its TOO smart a move for this franchise to make...

jamze132
08-17-2009, 04:58 PM
But yours would have mentioned a trade to Oakland for Asomugha.

jamze132
08-17-2009, 04:59 PM
For all I care, Simpson can go join Tim Anderson in the unemployment line. Ko looked like a "millionaire" the other day, eh?

thenry20
08-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Whitner
Scott
Byrd
Simpson

At CB

McGee
McKelvin
Florence
Corner
Youboty

Thoughts?

WTF you'd keep Ko over Wilson? o_O

O_o

yordad
08-17-2009, 08:09 PM
WTF you'd keep Ko over Wilson? o_O

O_oI wouldn't, but I think they will.

Akhippo
08-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Why do we draft DB after DB is we arent going to keep at least half a team full of them? Ko and Wendling gone. Ko wont see if coming anyway, he'll never turn his head around fast enough. Figure out how to get the others on the field.

mysticsoto
08-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Why do we draft DB after DB is we arent going to keep at least half a team full of them? Ko and Wendling gone. Ko wont see if coming anyway, he'll never turn his head around fast enough. Figure out how to get the others on the field.

You don't keep people based on loyalty or even b'cse you drafted them. You keep the best of the personnel you have. If some have potential, then you keep them based on that potential - for a little while. Ko has had time to show us what he has...after his injury, he has become slower and his instincts don't seem to be there. As such, why should we keep him? Wendling was hype when he 1st came b'cse of his youtube video. He has some athletic skills, but he's just avg when it comes to performing on the field. We need above avg safeties that can zip to the ball. Given that we allow zones in which you can throw into, both our LBs and S need to be really fast to minimize that window of opportunity for receptions! And it doesn't hurt if they have a good sense of instincts to read developing plays, read the qb and jump a route before a connection can be made.

ServoBillieves
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Florence could be a veteran camp influence breeding Langster and the other youngsters. The only d-back drop off I could see is Wendling, but just like Kelsay, the FO likes him as a leader no matter how piss poor he is on the field.

If nothing, when Terrence and Ashton are gone next year Langman can fill in for either of their spots while on the practice squad this year.

mysticsoto
08-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Florence could be a veteran camp influence breeding Langster and the other youngsters. The only d-back drop off I could see is Wendling, but just like Kelsay, the FO likes him as a leader no matter how piss poor he is on the field.

If nothing, when Terrence and Ashton are gone next year Langman can fill in for either of their spots while on the practice squad this year.

You're suggesting we put Lankster in the PS? Absolutely not. Someone will scoop him up immediately. He has to be on the roster. Put Sargeant and Cary Harris on the PS...