• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Rejoice NYC bills fans

So i just read that for those of us in NYC without access to directv but want the nfl package, we can get it streaming online. NYC only this year as a role out.

A little odd that they are charging people for a testpackage at full cost. But whatever, i can't wait to not have to go to bars and watch it from my home. This is the greatest news ever. i just have to go home and see if it works off my computer and that i meet all the requirements. This is something i've been waiting for since 2000.

and i'm so close.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Rejoice NYC bills fans

Originally posted by trapezeus
    So i just read that for those of us in NYC without access to directv but want the nfl package, we can get it streaming online. NYC only this year as a role out.

A little odd that they are charging people for a testpackage at full cost. But whatever, i can't wait to not have to go to bars and watch it from my home. This is the greatest news ever. i just have to go home and see if it works off my computer and that i meet all the requirements. This is something i've been waiting for since 2000.

and i'm so close.

This is the future, in about 5 - 10 years many of us will be streaming all of our tTV needs from the internet thru a media PC

Directtv days and cable for that matter are numbered IMO, everything is becoming available online

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

Must be a similar thing as they have in other parts of the world, I get NFL Network streaming online in HD, and all the games in HD online, as well as some NFL Network shows on demand.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

Oh, and I also get all last year's games in HD on demand as well...

Comment

• billsfanone
          Majored in Home Economics
          • Sep 2008

This is their smartest move. There has to be millions of people who want DTV/NFL Ticket but can't get a dish on their house or apartment.

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
            Oh, and I also get all last year's games in HD on demand as well...
            How much for a game?
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

a day when time warner cable seizes to exsist will be a beautiful, celebratory day.

Those jerks can't get my dvr service in hd to work. I would rather just pay another $10 a month for the best internet possible and watch TV through that venue.

Darryl, while i like your vision, do you think that that model will have us paying for all the netlinks to shows since commercials will kind of go by thewaste side, or will TW and other cable companies just bundle these online packages and sell that to us?

Comment

• Dujek
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by casdhf
                How much for a game?
                They're just there available as part of the subscription package. So once you've paid the Gamepass subscription you get all last year's games, along with this season's games and the network.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

yeah, you can't get a single game, i don't think. or at least they don't mention it. it's $349.99 for the year. divided by 17 games, that's $20 a game. which for me is signficantly lower than the amount of food i eat at a bar during the same time.

Comment

• Dujek
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2008

Damn. It's $249 for the international game pass, I'm not sure I'd have paid $349

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

yeah, they are adding some other service to your cell phone, but it should all just be the same as the regular price of the TV package. but when they can gouge you, they will. I still stand by the fact that at $349, i'm spending less than going to a bar.

Or that will at least be the pitch to my wife.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

yeah, they are adding some other service to your cell phone, but it should all just be the same as the regular price of the TV package. but when they can gouge you, they will. I still stand by the fact that at $349, i'm spending less than going to a bar.

Or that will at least be the pitch to my wife.
                        That pitched worked quite nicely for me when I switched to DirecTV last year after we moved farther away from the bar and had a house instead of an apartment!

Comment

• thenry20
                          • Jan 2004

and i'm so close.
                          You're not paying the full $300 for it are you? What you ought to do is contact a Sunday Ticket member and "buy" his Supercast subscription for $100. That's what i did last year and I got to see all the Bills games plus whatever other Sunday game was on at the other time slot. Take into consideration that you will only be able to watch those Sunday games during the day, not Saturday, Monday, or Thursday games; the Sunday night game is also out.

This year I might not go that route solely because the NFL now offers "Game Rewind" for only $50/year. You can watch any game 3 hours after it has aired and any other archived game thereafter as well 24/7 until Jan 10. It's not live but at least you can watch any game multiple times on HD too.
                          Last edited by thenry20; 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by thenry20
                            You're not paying the full $300 for it are you? What you ought to do is contact a Sunday Ticket member and "buy" his Supercast subscription for $100. That's what i did last year and I got to see all the Bills games plus whatever other Sunday game was on at the other time slot. Take into consideration that you will only be able to watch those Sunday games during the day, not Saturday, Monday, or Thursday games; the Sunday night game is also out.

This year I might not go that route solely because the NFL now offers "Game Rewind" for only $50/year. You can watch any game 3 hours after it has aired and any other archived game thereafter as well 24/7 until Jan 10. It's not live but at least you can watch any game multiple times on HD too.
                            but these are only options for the tv subscribers, right? they don't have any other options for those of us without the abililty to get the dish.

Does the NFL package, not cover the games from the nfl network?

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I really don't understand why a cable infrastructure would be built to carry media when it can be done by satellite with little latency.

Comment

Working...
                              X