• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Derrick Jones?

I missed the game against Chicago, so I may end up asking a lot of questions about it with regards to particular players.

I know people were impressed with Derrick Jones and his ability to penetrate in the HOF game. How was he against Chicago? Did he show the same kind of ability? Or did he mostly disappear? I can see that he got one tackle (nfl.com), but other than that I'd like to know if anyone noticed him.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: Derrick Jones?

I don't recall many plays from but I was at the game on Saturday.But he made some plays and looked quicked for a big guy. He had a nice tackle on a RB who burst through a nice hole and Jones closed on him quickly.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Who?

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
        Who?
        Derrick Jones

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Who?
          #61 DT
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

He didnt look to bad out there, but didnt make many plays from what i saw, i think he is camp fodder cause our FO loves McCargo and Spencer Johnson for there outstanding play last yr
            guess there was no vet DTs in FA this yr better than them
            so we signed a guy we cut last yr again
            just like Mace and Gaddis nice
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              He didnt look to bad out there, but didnt make many plays from what i saw, i think he is camp fodder cause our FO loves McCargo and Spencer Johnson for there outstanding play last yr
              guess there was no vet DTs in FA this yr better than them
              so we signed a guy we cut last yr again
              just like Mace and Gaddis nice
              Honestly, when McCargo is in the game and is healthy there is no drop-off in play.

I remember last year when we played the Raiders at home. McCargo and Johnson were in the game in the 4th quarter on a critical series. Had the Bills not stopped the Raiders they would have lost. McCargo and Johnson however shut down the Raiders run game and got the ball back for the O.

Hopefully this year, having a happier, more motivated and fully healthy McCargo will pay off.

McCargo is way more talented than K.Williams and I think he should start alongside Stroud once he proves his worth.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                Honestly, when McCargo is in the game and is healthy there is no drop-off in play.

I remember last year when we played the Raiders at home. McCargo and Johnson were in the game in the 4th quarter on a critical series. Had the Bills not stopped the Raiders they would have lost. McCargo and Johnson however shut down the Raiders run game and got the ball back for the O.

Hopefully this year, having a happier, more motivated and fully healthy McCargo will pay off.

McCargo is way more talented than K.Williams and I think he should start alongside Stroud once he proves his worth.
                Nice Post! but i have to disagree McCargo is a never was and is always hurt, for a 1st rd pick he is a bust, and he has only had a few plays that have made his career here, Spencer Johnson on the other hand has done nothing to warrant his contract here, and is another example of our FO spening good money on poor DLineman, enter in Denney kelsay
                Talent i agree with as per K Williams, and i thought Stroud and McCargo would be better next to each other last yr, but we are stuck with the current Dline wich equals no pass rush
                McCargo should have been cut and his money should have been used on a vet thats worth his weight in gold
                winning franchises dont hesitate to make moves like this, especially after we got him back after trying to trade him
                I do understand were u were coming form with ur post and the eternal hope meter, but lets face facts it was the Raiders we should have blew them out
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I agree about the talent but K Williams has been more consistently reliable. McCargo has to earn the spot.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

McCargo's ceiling is higher.

Jones wasn't a factor in this game that I noticed.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Derrick Jones
                      Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      #61 DT

I say again, who?

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

I say again, who?
                        Derrick Jones #61 DT

that should clear that up

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Nice Post! but i have to disagree McCargo is a never was and is always hurt, for a 1st rd pick he is a bust, and he has only had a few plays that have made his career here, Spencer Johnson on the other hand has done nothing to warrant his contract here, and is another example of our FO spening good money on poor DLineman, enter in Denney kelsay
                          Talent i agree with as per K Williams, and i thought Stroud and McCargo would be better next to each other last yr, but we are stuck with the current Dline wich equals no pass rush
                          McCargo should have been cut and his money should have been used on a vet thats worth his weight in gold
                          winning franchises dont hesitate to make moves like this, especially after we got him back after trying to trade him
                          I do understand were u were coming form with ur post and the eternal hope meter, but lets face facts it was the Raiders we should have blew them out
                          Except that a "winning franchise" was willing to trade a 4th rounder for McCargo last year. And that was based on his performance on the field to that point, even with the bulging disc, that ultimately negated the trade.
                          Last edited by Goobylal; 08-18-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            Except that a "winning franchise" was willing to trade a 4th rounder for McCargo last year. And that was based on his performance on the field to that point, even with the bulging disc, that ultimately negated the trade.
                            winning teams are willing to give up draft picks to win now, and they needed depth due to injury, not a starter
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

winning teams are willing to give up draft picks to win now, and they needed depth due to injury, not a starter
                              McCargo would have been no worse than Dawson, Foster, or Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                              X