Article on Lankster- 4.3 in the 40 yd dash!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Article on Lankster- 4.3 in the 40 yd dash!!

It says he thought he could "exploit" kick and punt returns in the NFL. Why the heck haven't we seen him back there? With all the talk about trading Parrish, I CANNOT figure the Bills plan on using Rhodes back there, or keep Hall on with such a crowded backfield.

It also says dude ran a 4.3 at his proday (he didn't get a combine invite)! I know we have some FAST players around there, but McKelvin "only" ran a 4.38.

LINK

At a compact 190 lbs, with that blazing speed, and ball skills... this dude could do a lot of things for the Bills.

1. Corner
    2. Free safety
    3. Punt returns
    4. Gunner

He could make Ko and Co. expendable, and he could make Jenkins expendable. Heck, he could make Parrish expendable.

I know I made similar threads, but I thought this article (link) deserved one all to itself (if it doesn't have one already).

Thoughts? Did you realize he was that fast?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Article on Lankster- 4.3 in the 40 yd dash!!

Timed speed is not always the same as game speed.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      OK. Are you implying he plays slower then his time? Are his hips not fluid? And, is "break away speed" closer to "timed speed" or "game speed", IYO?
      Last edited by yordad; 08-18-2009, 05:18 PM.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

And, more to the point, who would you rather see return the next punt: Rhodes, Hall, or Lankster?

As is, obviously, it would be Parrish come regular season. But, if he is dealt, I don't want to risk McKelvin, McGee, or Jackson back there.

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by yordad
          And, more to the point, who would you rather see return the next punt: Rhodes, Hall, or Lankster?

As is, obviously, it would be Parrish come regular season. But, if he is dealt, I don't want to risk McKelvin, McGee, or Jackson back there.
          A couple of things. One, for whatever it's worth, Lankster was only average returning kicks and punts last year at WVU. I think we would have seen him in that capacity in the first two games if it was something the Bills were considering. Two, the Bills have shown they have no issue playing starters and other key players on special teams. Right or wrong, they will put the best returners back there whether they are starters or not. Not saying giving Lankster an opportunity isn't possible, but would be surprised at this point.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

I think it's safe to say that Lankster makes this team. He's earned a spot.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad

If Parrish is dealt... I go with Jackson for PR hands down. PR has speed low on the priority list... allusiveness and field vision are far more important... Both are strengths of Jax.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

If only he were taller than 5'9-1/8"...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

he won't get a sniff of anything but the practice squad.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    he won't get a sniff of anything but the practice squad.
                    I'll take that bet! There's no way in hell we are able to sneak him on the practice squad. He's made too many players during mini-camps, training camp and now preseason.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      I'll take that bet! There's no way in hell we are able to sneak him on the practice squad. He's made too many players during mini-camps, training camp and now preseason.
                      and when he goes out there and sucks this week? always be leary of training camp flashes.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

1,500 ZB's? It's all I got... But if you wanna give me odds, I'll take more of your money.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          and when he goes out there and sucks this week? always be leary of training camp flashes.
                          I hear ya. But, IMO, it is one thing to have a good week of practice, or a good week at training camp, or a good game. But, after having a stellar "all of the above", he is seriously beginning to convince me.

There is still a ways to go, but I don't think this guy is a "flash in the pan".

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            I don't know if he plays at a 4.3 speed, but he is fast on the field too!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

hey, i am all for unheralded rookies...but it is tough to judge somebody based on 4th quarter action in an early preseason game.....let's throw the kid in against some starters and see what he can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X