PDA

View Full Version : Late Postgame comments

OpIv37
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
NFLN cut off the first 6 minutes of the game because the previous game ran late, and they didn't re-show it until yesterday, and I didn't get a chance to watch it until tonight. Some of this may have been discussed, but here goes anyway:

-the DL actually got some pressure and didn't look awful (and it led to plays by our DB's)

-McKelvin is tearing it up. McGee also looked pretty good.

-Spencer Johnson made a few plays, although it was mostly against 2nd stringers

-Our 2nd string D shut down the Bears' starting O TWICE. If I were a Bears fan, I'd be livid about that Cutler trade right now.

-Nic Harris made some mistakes but also made some plays. He may turn out to be a steal.

-What happened to John Wendling? The guy is usually nowhere near the play, and when he is, he's getting driven back. I think we were all mesmerized by his youtube high jump video because he isn't very good at football.

-Ko Simpson got beat by the 3rd String. I'm rooting for Jairus Byrd because we need Ko's sorry ass off the field.

-Lankster looked lost in the last game, (damn that's a lot of L's), but he looked damn good this game. I hope we can keep him because this team is deep at DB.

-I'm glad we got Rhodes but keep him away from the return game.

-Lindell was good on FG's, bad on kickoffs.

-Edwards was efficient, but his ball placement still sucks. He was behind Evans TWICE, one of which could have gone for a lot more yardage if he could have led him.

-Evans and Lynch are looking great.

-The starting OL wasn't dominated but they weren't as good as they need to be either. I still have my doubts. Levitre is a project.

-The OL still looks confused at times, particularly on plays that stretch to the sidelines like sweeps and screens.

-The red zone O struggled but I'll chalk that up to not having TO.

-Why the hell did the coaches go for it on 4th and 1 from the 40 then call a chicken-**** draw play on 3rd and goal from the 11? Maybe I should just chalk that one up to preseason, but it's another one of those mind-boggling decisions made by our coaching staff.

-Fitzpatrick is OK. Hamdan and Baker suck.

-Robert who? I like both Stupar and Nelson, although Nelson looks more like a wideout than a TE.

jamze132
08-19-2009, 12:55 AM
If you can't find the time to devote to a 7-9 team during the pre-season, you should just stop posting.

:snicker:

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 05:04 AM
-Edwards was efficient, but his ball placement still sucks. He was behind Evans TWICE, one of which could have gone for a lot more yardage if he could have led him.

i agree. i pointed that out in another thread that his ball placement sucked.

MikeInRoch
08-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Some of those actually sounded positive. Who are you, and what have you done with Op? :D

Captain Obvious
08-19-2009, 07:11 AM
-Our 2nd string D shut down the Bears' starting O TWICE. If I were a Bears fan, I'd be livid about that Cutler trade right now.

Yes.. its no surprise you would want that trade to be reversed based on 2 offensive series

DraftBoy
08-19-2009, 07:39 AM
I love the RB and CB battle we have going on right now. If you're Dominic Rhodes, Ashton Youboty, or Reggie Corner you have to be a little worried about your jobs.

Though it appears as though Omon got hurt somehow in the game because he hasnt practiced since.

And I agree whole heatidly about Ko, and I liked the pick when it happened.

Note: I only saw the 2nd half of the games replay.

trapezeus
08-19-2009, 08:32 AM
-Why the hell did the coaches go for it on 4th and 1 from the 40 then call a chicken-**** draw play on 3rd and goal from the 11? Maybe I should just chalk that one up to preseason, but it's another one of those mind-boggling decisions made by our coaching staff.

Yordad, are you reading this? shows that the bills go for it in places where other teams would kick a fieldgoal.

now i didn't get to see this game, so that's why i didn't post the Jauron moments Preseason game 2 thread. I'll challk this up as them just trying different t hings out in a preseason game. but i also won't be surprised if he did something like this during a regular season game that drives us crazy.

scartown
08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I agree Levitre still has a lot to learn but he could have been the best lineman in the 1st half on Saturday. He consistently got to the 2nd level, when the D lineman got under him he had enough strength to hold the block and not too mention he had a few pancakes in the game.

Saying all that he did miss a block when one DT came around on a stunt. He was too late to the spot. He could have also used his hands better on some plays. Overall it was night and day from the HOF game he had.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
-Ko Simpson got beat by the 3rd String. I'm rooting for Jairus Byrd because we need Ko's sorry ass off the field.

Completely agree. I'm hoping Byrd rises up the depth chart fast because we need a ballhawking FS. I missed the game so I only saw highlights, but the last Chicago TD pass should never have happened.

As I said in another thread, I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, but it looked like the ball flew just a few inches from Simpson. If he had been looking for the pass at all he could have knocked it down easily.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Levitre sucks on a bunch of levels so far. I love Edwards but I agree that he didn't look as sharp as his numbers indicated.

trapezeus
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
my concern is just that the bills did well against a 4-3 defense. i want to see the bills tackle the issues they had with 3-4 defenses all of last year. The next two preseason games will be huge in showing us if they are for real or not.

Typ0
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm not worried about the offense at all and I love the dink and dunk. By the third quarter we are going to be running at will and totally own downfield throws. I'm concerned about the interior of the defensive line. That is our area of real weakness and is going to cost us dearly.

OpIv37
08-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes.. its no surprise you would want that trade to be reversed based on 2 offensive series

you're forgetting the INT he threw. It was more like a half. Anyway, if my team spent 2 first round picks on a guy, I'd expect him to walk in and at least look competent from day 1. He looked like Rob Johnson out there.

yordad
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Yordad, are you reading this? shows that the bills go for it in places where other teams would kick a fieldgoal.

now i didn't get to see this game, so that's why i didn't post the Jauron moments Preseason game 2 thread. I'll challk this up as them just trying different t hings out in a preseason game. but i also won't be surprised if he did something like this during a regular season game that drives us crazy.Lets see, 4th and 1, or a 57 yard feild goal at the Ralph? I'm thinking 8 out of 10 times a team will go for it. 1 out of 10 they punt, or kick. You've proved nothing, and that wasn't the point Op was trying to make.