• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

The word is.... D.Bell getting starting reps at LT

borrowed form BuffaloBills10 on the official Bills forum

D.Bell was getting starting reps at LT. Might be old news, and I know he has been getting some shots at LT... but I wasn't aware of him getting some 1st team reps in practice, which probably means he gets to play LT with the starters this weekend... hopefully

other then that nothing else ... but the fact that he has played well enough this preseaosn to have earned some starting reps at the position is encouraging... and we need more encouragment

• WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: The word is.... D.Bell getting starting reps at LT

I'd love to see the line look like this.

Bell @ LT, Butler @ LG, Hangartner @ C, Wood @ RG, Walker @ RT

Then you let Levitre sit on the bench to be groomed to compete with Bulter or Hangartner. Then next season he see Levitre @ RG and Wood @ C.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Good move him to LT, Walker back to RT and Butler back to RG. Levitre doesn't look to be ready

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

This would be a best case scenario. But, I think we are all gettign a head a little bit. That would just be too awesome.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

you cant shuffle the line that much again as training camp ends.. our line is going to be so awful.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I also believe someone on bb.com said that it was just a few reps so he could get a feel for being the swing tackle. There may come times when he needs to play at LT, so might as well get him some reps with the first team.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

If Bell ever starts... I would go with

Bell - Levitre - Hangartner - Wood - Walker

Butler is not a G plain and simple. He is 6'7 and can't get any leverage against the shorter more powerful NTs and DEs we face.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

If a backup getting some 1st team reps signifies a change in the starting lineup... oh, forget it.

:banghead:

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

this is what training camp is all about. specifically with such a blank slate of an OL. Try everyone everywhere and see what works.

I don't really knkow the depth behind LT. If walker goes down, i think its chambers. and that's just as scary as it was 2 years ago when peters missed the last game of the season. if bell can be put over there for back up purposes or just flat out outplay walker, good news for us. if it doesn't work, then back to what we are originally slotting.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    you cant shuffle the line that much again as training camp ends.. our line is going to be so awful.

that much ?

Walker back to RT and Bell at LT

We've already have a full 5 player swap so I really can't imagine any loss by that move

If bell is looking ready then it makes more sense to get Walker back to his comfortable spot at RT and let bell have the last 3 weeks of preseason....

but even if its to get Bell more work at the position he is going to eventually claim then this is the time to do it

If Walker goes down as our LT wouldn't you feel alot better knowing Bell had signifcant playing time and gained the needed experience to possibly take over... or are you feeling better about one of our other LT prospects ????

who knows what this means, but I get nothing but a positive vibe from it myself

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

I'm all for giving Bell more reps, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Watch the previous game closely and you'll see that Bell actually struggled at LT at times against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm not confident he is ready yet. But by all means, give him reps and experience. Walker doesn't need that. What Walker needs is to lose some weight...366 lbs is too high for him at LT.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        I'm all for giving Bell more reps, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Watch the previous game closely and you'll see that Bell actually struggled at LT at times against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm not confident he is ready yet. But by all means, give him reps and experience. Walker doesn't need that. What Walker needs is to lose some weight...366 lbs is too high for him at LT.
                        Great post as I rewatched the 2nd half of the game again last night. Bell is not ready.

PS. Pat was half right on Harris. In the second half he decided to gamble on getting to the QB which left his guy wide open for that TD. I still like the massive hit he put on the guy though.

Simpson, OMG. Man does he suck. It's bad when the rookie is yelling at you!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          If Bell ever starts... I would go with

Bell - Levitre - Hangartner - Wood - Walker

Butler is not a G plain and simple. He is 6'7 and can't get any leverage against the shorter more powerful NTs and DEs we face.

Yes we will bench the most consistant lineman that we have had in the past 3 years for a rookie who looks horrible. Smart!

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                            Yes we will bench the most consistant lineman that we have had in the past 3 years for a rookie who looks horrible. Smart!
                            Who's benching Walker?

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by madness
                              Who's benching Walker?

Butler DA

Comment

Working...
                              X