PDA

View Full Version : Maybin on Facebook

Yasgur's Farm
08-19-2009, 10:14 AM
courtesy of mnemonicus at bb.com.

Quite simply...In not so many words.....ITS ON!!!! When will haters learn? All u do is make me better and more hungry!!! Just sit back and watch the show!!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/aaron.maybin?v=wall&viewas=1145421363&ref=nf

don137
08-19-2009, 10:17 AM
What show are we suppose to watch? The last I checked he is not on the field on gamedays. That's the only show I care to watch.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd like to see the guy on the field, not on Facebook.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 10:19 AM
meanwhile, he'll be crying AGAIN when the Bills take the field in Green Bay.

:monkeyp: Maybin and his agent

Jan Reimers
08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm beginning to really, really dislike this guy.

cocamide
08-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Is it confirmed that the profile is actually his?

yordad
08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
That sounds to me like he is inking his deal RIGHT NOW!!

Yasgur's Farm
08-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I believe when he says "In not so many words... IT'S ON!!", he's telling us the deal is done.

I'm looking forward to watching him as a career Buffalo Bill.

Block "O"
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
What a douchebag

Scumbag College
08-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Leave the facebook nonsense for Whitner. If he's not in the process of signing his contract and heading to camp, then he should be training and eating protein bars non stop. He needs to bulk up.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I believe when he says "In not so many words... IT'S ON!!", he's telling us the deal is done.

i'll believe it when i see it. until then, he's just talking out of his ass.

Tatonka
i don't see what you guys are freaking out about.. from what he said.. IF that is even him, it sounds like he is saying that a deal is in place... right?

cocamide

I hope your interpretation is correct.

casdhf
08-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Why would he not use so many words? If he signed the deal, shouldn't it just be "It's on"?

DMBcrew36
08-19-2009, 10:39 AM
His status could mean nothing. I'll ignore it and wait until I hear something from a real source, because as far as I'm concerned, Maybin is an idiot.

M
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I hope he is as productive on the field as he is on Twitter and Facebook. Jeez, just got your a$$ to Buffalo* already.

*I was going to say camp, but it's OVER!!! :mad:

chernobylwraiths
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
He's probably playing Super Mario brothers on Wii to keep in shape.

DMBcrew36
08-19-2009, 10:42 AM
He's probably playing Super Mario brothers on Wii to keep in shape.

In which case I would assume he discovered the Mike Williams training method.

Pinkerton Security
08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
In which case I would assume he discovered the Mike Williams training method.
Jason Peters method, actually. They may share the same trainer.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
The vitriol towards Maybin is amazing. Don't you people have any self-respect? What's the point in constantly letting everyone know that you hate him?

Seriously, don't we have football-related things to talk about?

Maybin will sign when he signs. At this point it's not worth it to worry about it, imo. He was a project to begin with, and he'll be a project at the end of the year. Did anyone think we were going to the playoffs anyway?

sdbillsfan2
08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
HEY MAYBIN .............FORGET FACEBOOK , GET YOUR A** INTO A PLAYBOOK!

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
The vitriol towards Maybin is amazing. Don't you people have any self-respect? What's the point in constantly letting everyone know that you hate him?

Maybin will sign when he signs. At this point it's not worth it to worry about it, imo. He was a project to begin with, and he'll be a project at the end of the year. Did anyone think we were going to the playoffs anyway?

seriously, you expect everything to be peaches and cream when the Bills 1st round pick isn't signed? Bills fans have every right to blast him. as of right now, this "project" is failing.

Mad Bomber
08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Just sit back and watch the show!!!!!

That's EXACTLY what I want, Aaron; the sooner, the better. When are you going to make it happen?

chernobylwraiths
08-19-2009, 11:38 AM

I can agree to an extent. And the people who reply on his facebook page with negative comments are morons, but he isn't too much better making these kinds of statements if he thinks he isn't going to get blasted for them.

However, this IS a football related topic. He isn't in camp and the Bills do need a pass rusher. But, project?! Project has no good connotations in football. As the 11th overall selection in the draft, I don't want to hear that he is a project.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
That's EXACTLY what I want, Aaron; the sooner, the better. When are you going to make it happen?

as soon as he stops crying.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I can agree to an extent. And the people who reply on his facebook page with negative comments are morons, but he isn't too much better making these kinds of statements if he thinks he isn't going to get blasted for them.

However, this IS a football related topic. He isn't in camp and the Bills do need a pass rusher. But, project?! Project has no good connotations in football. As the 11th overall selection in the draft, I don't want to hear that he is a project.

Well you should have heard the word project to describe Maybin both before and after the draft. He entered the draft as a talented player, but after his redshirt sophomore year. He may be able to put on weight without losing any athleticism, but he still needs to be able to play at a certain weight. He's got plenty to learn, but all I mean by "project" is that he's got the talent...now he needs to put in the work to become a great football player.

I just don't understand having thread after thread where all people do is sit around saying that they hate him. Why go after Maybin? The main enemy is the system of rookie pay. If we drafted Orakpo, who here can tell me for sure that he'd be in any sooner than Maybin will be? If we drafted Oher, do you think he wouldn't have held out? How about Pettigrew?

Yes, I'm sure the player could do things to help the situation and get into camp faster. But he's looking at the here and now and his only guaranteed contract.

Do I agree with his holdout? Not for a second. Every day that goes by where he isn't signed is even more disappointing. Does that mean I hate Maybin and think he should die? Not even close. It's just not worth it. It's not like he's the first holdout. Heck, Derrick Harvey was slotted for weeks before he signed last year. And suddenly now that OUR first round pick is holding out, he's the devil reincarnate? I just don't understand.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
seriously, you expect everything to be peaches and cream when the Bills 1st round pick isn't signed? Bills fans have every right to blast him. as of right now, this "project" is failing.

I don't expect everything to be "peaches and cream." But I do expect people to calm down a little bit and not get so worked up over a rookie who hasn't signed.

He'll eventually be signed. Getting angry won't change anything. The guy will get on the field. And in the long run, missing training camp like this shouldn't have a huge effect on whether he's a boom or bust pick. If the guy is going to succeed, he'll work hard as soon as he gets here and he'll have a great career that people will celebrate without really remembering this part. If he's going to bust, then people will be on his case with or without this holdout. And if he's a bust... then what does it matter that he's not in camp??

billsfanone
08-19-2009, 01:12 PM
these a-holes use "hater" too much.

No Aaron, we don't hate you, we just want to see you on the field where you're supposed to be.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Peters, that money grubbing scum. I feel much better having a houldout with a rookie that has proven nothing.

M
08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Peters, that money grubbing scum. I feel much better having a houldout with a rookie that has proven nothing.

So, I guess 2 holdouts are better than 1.

billsfanone
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
these a-holes use "hater" too much.

No Aaron, we don't hate you, we just want to see you on the field where you're supposed to be.

And let me add, Aaron, that wanting to see you where you belong doesn't really qualify as bulleting board material for you to work out harder.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't expect everything to be "peaches and cream." But I do expect people to calm down a little bit and not get so worked up over a rookie who hasn't signed.

and Bills fans EXPECT the rookie to get his ass into camp. after a decade without playoffs, Bills fans are not going to calm down and they are going to get worked up. the last thing they want to hear is some punk talking **** on Facebook. he hasn't done squat to earn the money he is going to make. until then, nobody cares if he's crying or not because our hearts sure as hell don't go out to him.

justasportsfan
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
What show are we suppose to watch?.

The Crying Game

psubills62
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
and Bills fans EXPECT the rookie to get his ass into camp. after a decade without playoffs, Bills fans are not going to calm down and they are going to get worked up. the last thing they want to hear is some punk talking **** on Facebook. he hasn't done squat to earn the money he is going to make. until then, nobody cares if he's crying or not because our hearts sure as hell don't go out to him.

Of course no one's heart goes out to him; mine certainly doesn't. Like I said before, at this point it's mainly the system's fault, not Maybin's. Anyone we picked there would be in the same situation. There's no need to make it personal with Maybin.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Of course no one's heart goes out to him; mine certainly doesn't. Like I said before, at this point it's mainly the system's fault, not Maybin's. Anyone we picked there would be in the same situation. There's no need to make it personal with Maybin.

it's not personal. some of us are calling it like we see it. Maybin and his cronies put theirselves in this situation. we didn't.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
also, the Bills fans who attend games are paying part of his salary. they have every right to be pissed.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
it's not personal. some of us are calling it like we see it. Maybin and his cronies put theirselves in this situation. we didn't.

Really? Maybin's the one who let rookie contracts get out of control?

Oh, and yes, it is personal. Look at all the people here and in other forums who are saying they hate the guy. It's not the system they're hating, it's Maybin. It's uncalled for.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:12 PM

Oh, and yes, it is personal. Look at all the people here and in other forums who are saying they hate the guy. It's not the system they're hating, it's Maybin. It's uncalled for.

i didn't say that.

as for other Bills fan who hate, they have their rights to their opinions.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
i didn't say that.

as for other Bills fan who hate, they have their rights to their opinions.

Of course they do. And I have the right to point out that their opinions are stupid.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Of course they do. And I have the right to point out that their opinions are stupid.

that's your opinion. but you seem to take it more personal than they are.

Typ0
08-19-2009, 02:17 PM

try and put yourself in his shoes. He's worked his ass off for years to land an NFL team. Finally he gets one and he's asked by the union he's entering to sit out until he gets a better deal. So it's the time of his life and he's asked to sit and watch it on TV.

And before you say it's not the union don't kid yourself the union has everything to do with it. These players are driving the salaries of the future and the union wants all they can get.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:21 PM
try and put yourself in his shoes. He's worked his ass off for years to land an NFL team. Finally he gets one and he's asked by the union he's entering to sit out until he gets a better deal. So it's the time of his life and he's asked to sit and watch it on TV.

And before you say it's not the union don't kid yourself the union has everything to do with it. These players are driving the salaries of the future and the union wants all they can get.

but sitting out isn't getting him anywhere, is it?

DMBcrew36
08-19-2009, 02:22 PM

ehhh I hear ya, but I've worked my ass off for years in many things - weight lifting and training 5 days a week, studying/getting my masters and working harder in school than Maybin probably ever did, and working in a steel plant trying to earn enough to put myself through college - you don't see me making millions of dollars.

The kid is just being a little ***** with the Crabtree situation, not caring about the Buffalo Bills team and that they might need him. Because I'm sure by now the Bills have tendered a very generous offer. Anyone who gave a damn about anything but himself would sign, get in, and get to work to try and help this team.

Typ0
08-19-2009, 02:23 PM
but sitting out isn't getting him nowhere, is it?

He's a kid in a cage in the middle of the toy store. He's being asked to sit and wait for the betterment of all the players that's all I'm saying. For a kid he's in a tough spot. Give him a break.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 02:23 PM
that's your opinion. but you seem to take it more personal than they are.

Really? This thread is the first time I've posted about it. What exactly am I taking personally?

Typ0
08-19-2009, 02:26 PM
The old he makes millions and I don't what's a few hundred thousand. I guarantee union reps have been crawling up his ass to standfast as long as possible informing him that ALL player salaries in the league are effected by what happens. They aren't telling him not to sign they are telling him to sign for the best he can not for himself but for all the players. That's a lot of weight on a kids shoulders.

ehhh I hear ya, but I've worked my ass off for years in many things - weight lifting and training 5 days a week, studying/getting my masters and working harder in school than Maybin probably ever did, and working in a steel plant trying to earn enough to put myself through college - you don't see me making millions of dollars.

The kid is just being a little ***** with the Crabtree situation, not caring about the Buffalo Bills team and that they might need him. Because I'm sure by now the Bills have tendered a very generous offer. Anyone who gave a damn about anything but himself would sign, get in, and get to work to try and help this team.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM
He's a kid in a cage in the middle of the toy store. He's being asked to sit and wait for the betterment of all the players that's all I'm saying. For a kid he's in a tough spot. Give him a break.

i guess he has to be a man and speak up for himself then, instead of listening to bunch of scheisters (sp?) waiting for a hand out.

DMBcrew36
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
The old he makes millions and I don't what's a few hundred thousand. I guarantee union reps have been crawling up his ass to standfast as long as possible informing him that ALL player salaries in the league are effected by what happens. They aren't telling him not to sign they are telling him to sign for the best he can not for himself but for all the players. That's a lot of weight on a kids shoulders.

It's really not that hard. You see that you're being offered more than the guy picked after you and its a fair, and you sign. You sign because your team needs you, because you know you don't have much time to get in and learn as much as possible, and because you're supposed to be a competitor.

If he wants to be a prima donna he should quit football and join up with Lil Wayne and become a rap star because he certainly thinks he's some hot **** - too hot to sign.

Typ0
08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
i guess he has to be a man and speak up for himself then, instead of listening to bunch of scheisters (sp?) waiting for a hand out.

that's the point I'm trying to make. It's not just an agent it's the entire players union that wants him to get as much as he can.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Really? This thread is the first time I've posted about it. What exactly am I taking personally?

the hating on Maybin by Bills fans. you said it yourself. see post #37.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
that's the point I'm trying to make. It's not just an agent it's the entire players union that wants him to get as much as he can.

i understand. that's why i said he has to speak up for himself. agents and the players union only care for theirselves, not Maybin.

jamze132
08-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Well he won't be a "player" in the NFL very long if he doesn't get his ass on the field to learn the NFL game. Because he has had no practice, he is going to be thrown into the fire which could seriously ruin his head.

Let's not forget, Maybin started one freaking year in college and left two years of eligibility on the table to enter the draft. He is WAY behind almost every other player at this point. He needs to play.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
the hating on Maybin by Bills fans. you said it yourself. see post #37.

Um, I'm sorry but nowhere in that post does it indicate that I'm taking the Maybin hating personally. When I said "it's personal," that wasn't saying that I was taking things personally. That meant that the vitriol spewed by people on this board towards Maybin was getting personal between them and Maybin. They're hating Maybin when they should be hating the system.

Typ0
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
i understand. that's why i said he has to speak up for himself. agents and the players union only care for theirselves, not Maybin.

you aren't very familiar with unions are you?

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
you aren't very familiar with unions are you?

enough to know they're greedy and only care for their own well being.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Um, I'm sorry but nowhere in that post does it indicate that I'm taking the Maybin hating personally. When I said "it's personal," that wasn't saying that I was taking things personally. That meant that the vitriol spewed by people on this board towards Maybin was getting personal between them and Maybin. They're hating Maybin when they should be hating the system.

i'm sure they hate the system too. Maybin is the poster boy who's taking the brunt though.

justasportsfan
08-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Here's the hard part. The longer he sits, the lesser value he is to the team due to lack of practice with the team. Yet he wants mo money?

He better be the next Peppers

ddaryl
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Here's the hard part. The longer he sits, the lesser value he is to the team due to lack of practice with the team. Yet he wants mo money?

He better be the next Peppers

perfect analogy

this rookie crap needs to be addressed and that will be a big point in the next CBA

Unfortunately the owners in this league carry a big stick that is firmly wedged up their asses.

I am so not looking forward to growing old and having to stomach a soccer craze because of all of the BS present day sports economics has caused

tampabay25690
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm beginning to really, really dislike this guy.

When will you realize it's not MAYBIN?????
he will sign when the agent gets the deal done.

ddaryl
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
When will you realize it's not MAYBIN?????
he will sign when the agent gets the deal done.

My guess is Jan will realize this about the same time I do

the fact is all Aaron has to do is make a call and tell his agent to get the deal finalized now.

Buffalogic
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Read between the lines. 'In so many words it's on..' Sounds pretty contract related to me.

Another thing, didn't Maybin vow to not use Facebook until he had a deal??

I suspect he'll be signed today or tomorrow.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Read between the lines. 'In so many words it's on..' Sounds pretty contract related to me.

Another thing, didn't Maybin vow to not use Facebook until he had a deal??

I suspect he'll be signed today or tomorrow.

Twitter, not facebook.

Hemlepp53
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Did anyone think we were going to the playoffs anyway?

WTF???? PSUBILLS62... I Think We Are Going To The PlayOffs Every Season... I Wouldn't Be A Bills Fan If I Didn't.... EVERY YEAR ITS PLAYOFF W/ SUPERBOWL WIN .... Get W/ The Program Brother...

Block "O"
08-19-2009, 04:10 PM

I know it sucks he went to Penn State but he's not acting like a Penn State guy, more like a greedy little "U" guy.

jdbillsfan
08-19-2009, 04:18 PM

So the Union is singling out Maybin? Orakpo, Moreno, etc. went against union advice??

Come on. It's the Agent and Maybin and Lavar being ridiculous.

jdbillsfan
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM

Maybin is one of 3 guys who haven't signed, which I am grouping them together as being especially greedy.

That is not the system, that is 3 greedy players. I don't hate the system. 90% of the rookies are signed. Its a sucky system and needs to be fixed, but Maybin is especially being a douche.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 07:42 PM
WTF???? PSUBILLS62... I Think We Are Going To The PlayOffs Every Season... I Wouldn't Be A Bills Fan If I Didn't.... EVERY YEAR ITS PLAYOFF W/ SUPERBOWL WIN .... Get W/ The Program Brother...

Haha, don't get me wrong. I hope beyond all hope that we are going to the playoffs. But in the fourth year of Jauron, I can't expect anything else except 7-9. My hopes are high, my expectations are average.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I know it sucks he went to Penn State but he's not acting like a Penn State guy, more like a greedy little "U" guy.

Eh, I guess. I still believe that most every player we could have drafted would be doing something very similar. If the NFL would simply get with the program and work on instituting a rookie cap (which most of the veterans are all for...anyone here think Greg Jennings and Roddy White enjoy getting paid as much as Darrius Heyward-Bey?), then no team would have this sort of problem.

psubills62
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybin is one of 3 guys who haven't signed, which I am grouping them together as being especially greedy.

That is not the system, that is 3 greedy players. I don't hate the system. 90% of the rookies are signed. Its a sucky system and needs to be fixed, but Maybin is especially being a douche.

And what system allows them to buck the "unwritten rules" of the slotting method currently in place? How many teams in the NBA aren't able to sign their rookies? This crappy thing only allows stubborn agents to whisper in player's ears and convince them to hold out. It's outdated and ridiculous.

Dr. Pepper
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Eh, I guess. I still believe that most every player we could have drafted would be doing something very similar. If the NFL would simply get with the program and work on instituting a rookie cap (which most of the veterans are all for...anyone here think Greg Jennings and Roddy White enjoy getting paid as much as Darrius Heyward-Bey?), then no team would have this sort of problem.

i believe jennings and white both make a lot more than DHB.

Hemlepp53
08-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Haha, don't get me wrong. I hope beyond all hope that we are going to the playoffs. But in the fourth year of Jauron, I can't expect anything else except 7-9. My hopes are high, my expectations are average.

I can respect that. I too think Dick needs to get off the side lines. Their are too many talented head coaches in the booth or at home this season.... we need them NOW not next season. We need to WIN... nothing more nothing less... I expect and we deserve to WIN ... We have the team on the field to win... it all comes down to who is calling the plays and the program they run.

Sorry... i am not into Dick .... lol... Jauron.

DMBcrew36
08-20-2009, 08:06 AM
And what system allows them to buck the "unwritten rules" of the slotting method currently in place? How many teams in the NBA aren't able to sign their rookies? This crappy thing only allows stubborn agents to whisper in player's ears and convince them to hold out. It's outdated and ridiculous.

With all due respect... get off of Maybins peener and open your eyes. You're letting your PSU fanboy status blind you from seeing the truth.

psubills62
08-20-2009, 08:18 AM
i believe jennings and white both make a lot more than DHB.

Jennings: Four years, 27 million, 16.25 million guaranteed
White: Six years, 48 million, 18.6 million guaranteed
Heyward-Bey: Five years, 38.25 million, 23.5 million guaranteed

from rotoworld.com.

White has DHB beat in overall money, but not even close with guaranteed money (which, from what I've read, is the number that matters most to players...could be wrong on that, though). Jennings doesn't even come close to overall or guaranteed money. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a hard time believing Jennings and White are happy with the contracts they got vs. what Heyward-Bey got.

psubills62
08-20-2009, 08:21 AM
With all due respect... get off of Maybins peener and open your eyes. You're letting your PSU fanboy status blind you from seeing the truth.

Oh get over yourself and the obligatory homosexual remarks whenever someone defends a player.

I've said this many times...in no way do I agree with his holdout. I'm as disappointed as anyone every day his absence continues. My point in this thread is that there's no need to hate Maybin. And I'd say that for any other player, whether it was Orakpo, Ayers, Oher, or someone else.

DMBcrew36
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Oh get over yourself and the obligatory homosexual remarks whenever someone defends a player.

I've said this many times...in no way do I agree with his holdout. I'm as disappointed as anyone every day his absence continues. My point in this thread is that there's no need to hate Maybin. And I'd say that for any other player, whether it was Orakpo, Ayers, Oher, or someone else.

Given the facts, we can assume with 99.99% certainty that Maybin hasn't signed due to his own greed. It's hurting the team and chances of him playing, contributing, and us possibly having a chance at playoffs. So yeah, there is a need to hate Maybin when the guy tries to hold a team hostage for his own ego and greed. I'm not buying your BS "He's a victim, he's a victim, the union and his agent are pressuring him." Cry me a river. If Maybin wanted to drop his ego-greed act and throw on some big boy pants, he would've been signed by now.

DMBcrew36
08-20-2009, 08:26 AM

And yes, I ALWAYS make homosexual remarks when a player is defended. It is just MANDATORY from me.

Give me a break.

psubills62
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Given the facts, we can assume with 99.99% certainty that Maybin hasn't signed due to his own greed. It's hurting the team and chances of him playing, contributing, and us possibly having a chance at playoffs. So yeah, there is a need to hate Maybin when the guy tries to hold a team hostage for his own ego and greed.

No, I'm sorry there is no reason to make it that personal. People need to chill out and get over themselves.

psubills62
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Given the facts, we can assume with 99.99% certainty that Maybin hasn't signed due to his own greed. It's hurting the team and chances of him playing, contributing, and us possibly having a chance at playoffs. So yeah, there is a need to hate Maybin when the guy tries to hold a team hostage for his own ego and greed. I'm not buying your BS "He's a victim, he's a victim, the union and his agent are pressuring him." Cry me a river. If Maybin wanted to drop his ego-greed act and throw on some big boy pants, he would've been signed by now.

LOL Considering that's not the "BS" I'm selling, it's fine that you're not buying it. My point in numerous posts on this thread has been the system the NFL has in place, not necessarily the agent and union. Yes, I do partially blame the agents who try and take advantage of the system...but they wouldn't have that opportunity if the NFL would realize what they need to do, which is implement a rookie cap and specifically slot each draft position with numbers.

DMBcrew36
08-20-2009, 08:37 AM
No, I'm sorry there is no reason to make it that personal. People need to chill out and get over themselves.

Yes, you're totally right, again. I'm the problem. I need to get over myself - I'm just so insecure that I feel I have to hate on him. Geez, cause, I mean, MAYBIN is just an impeccable character. How could I be so dumb - he's just a wonderful human being. NO WAY he could ever be greedy!

psubills62
08-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Yes, you're totally right, again. I'm the problem. I need to get over myself - I'm just so insecure that I feel I have to hate on him. Geez, cause, I mean, MAYBIN is just an impeccable character. How could I be so dumb - he's just a wonderful human being.

Glad to see you're coming around.

Tatonka
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Given the facts, we can assume with 99.99% certainty that Maybin hasn't signed due to his own greed.

exactly what facts are you referring to?

have any of you seen Hard Knocks? they showed some of the negotiations between the bengals and the agent for andre smith..

do you really think that Maybin has anything to do with this negotiation? you think he understands the contracts, beyond how many years and guarenteed money.. beyond what his agent tells him to understand...you think he is actually speaking to anyone about this? this is between the agent and the team negotiator. that is it. His agent is getting paid a lot of money to do what is best for his client and if it means an extra 1 million dollars, then that is what it means..

like someone else said.. most of you would eat your own child for half of that..

maybin's part in all of this is to sit there and wait... i am sure he is hating this alot more than any one of us fans that don't have any vested interest in the bills other than watching them for entertainment.

McBFLO
08-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Also, how do we know this is Maybin's fault? Maybe the Bills are being really cheap and offering him a contract that doesn't equal his market value, i.e. like the Bengals with Andre Smith? All you people need to chill out.

Typ0
08-20-2009, 10:10 AM
But he's going to make millions and we go to work every day and don't. What's another million to him? He should throw it away and get to camp.

exactly what facts are you referring to?

have any of you seen Hard Knocks? they showed some of the negotiations between the bengals and the agent for andre smith..

do you really think that Maybin has anything to do with this negotiation? you think he understands the contracts, beyond how many years and guarenteed money.. beyond what his agent tells him to understand...you think he is actually speaking to anyone about this? this is between the agent and the team negotiator. that is it. His agent is getting paid a lot of money to do what is best for his client and if it means an extra 1 million dollars, then that is what it means..

like someone else said.. most of you would eat your own child for half of that..

maybin's part in all of this is to sit there and wait... i am sure he is hating this alot more than any one of us fans that don't have any vested interest in the bills other than watching them for entertainment.

realdealryan
08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Maybe the Bills are being really cheap and offering him a contract that doesn't equal his market value, i.e. like the Bengals with Andre Smith?

The draft doesn't operate with market value - it's accepted slotting value. That said, it's highly unlikely the Bills, after offering perfectly good contracts to Lynch and McKelvin, all of the sudden decide to lowball Maybin.

ddaryl
08-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I thought it was go time

where was he going to the bathroom before he returned to his PC ?