• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Thomas vs Miller, again.

Great Article about who will get the starting nod for the US Olympic hockey team. My vote will be obvious, but I thought I would share this with you guys...

The roster's not set yet, which defuses many of the fan debates about the 2010 Olympic hockey squad the Unites States will send to Vancouver to win a medal and beat Canada (per Ryan Kesler). But even now, it's clear that the hottest argument is going to be between the pipes.
    Ryan Miller(notes) vs. Tim Thomas(notes). Buffalo Sabres vs. Boston Bruins. The 6-2 goalie from Michigan State with the Brodeur-like game vs. the 5-11 goalie from Vermont who with the scrappy, sometimes unpredictable game. Twenty-nine years old vs. thirty-five years old.
    About the only things similar about them are that they wear masks, were born in Michigan and have as many Stanley Cup rings between them as John Tavares(notes).

"It will be one of the biggest moments in my life if I get a chance to play in the Olympics. I was an Olympic hockey player in my mind when I was playing in the garage or on the pond -- I wasn't an NHL player."
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The King
    • Jun 2004

Re: Thomas vs Miller, again.

Although with the NHL's stance on players who participate in the olympics I would be totally fine with TTT losing the starting gig.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
      Although with the NHL's stance on players who participate in the olympics I would be totally fine with TTT losing the starting gig.

No doubt about it. It's Miller time!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Plus why would Thomas lose his starting position?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

If Boston and Buffalo traded goalies, Boston would be playing for Stanley Cups for years.

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

I think USA will go with who ever is the hottest at the moment.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              If Boston and Buffalo traded goalies, Boston would be playing for Stanley Cups for years.
              What!? You realize Thomas was the best goaltender in hockey last year right?
              It was all

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                What!? You realize Thomas was the best goaltender in hockey last year right?
                He played well for a good team. No, he wasn't the best in hockey. I think Luongo was.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Thomas was the best player on the Bruins last year.
                  It was all

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

How did the playoffs work for him?

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Better than they did for Miller.
                      It was all

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Miller has been to 2 ECF and in one of them came within a vagina hairs close to a Stanley Cup finals visit.
                        Last edited by SabreEleven; 08-20-2009, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                          X