PDA

View Full Version : Sehorn appreciates chance to compete at new position

Gunzlingr
05-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Faith is a two-way street between the Rams and their newest acquisition, defensive back Jason Sehorn. The Rams believe he can take on a new position; Sehorn believes they're winners.

"Their willingness to allow me to play free safety, not just that but the belief that I could play," he said, were big reasons that Sehorn chose the Rams over the Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars after being released from the New York Giants in March. The one-year deal was announced Monday and was reported to be for $1 million.

He added: "Not that I'm a fortune teller, but I believe they have a better chance to win than a lot of teams. If you have a choice and you're picking a new job, most people would pick a place that you think you're going to win."

You could say that Sehorn is pulling the double switch, as he's changing both cities and positions. He spent the first nine years of his career with the New York Giants, playing predominantly at cornerback. An injury in 1998 to his right knee slowed the momentum of his career.

"There's ability left at corner, but I don't think it's the level I was able to play when I was starting," Sehorn said in a conference call Wednesday. "I don't feel like going through a process where you're having to protect me, where you're having to roll coverages. I wanted to compete on the highest level."

more (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Rams/49BE973AC1112F9A86256D2E000ACA19?OpenDocument&Headline=Sehorn+appreciates+chance+to+compete+at+new+position)

The_Philster
05-28-2003, 07:18 PM
A profile of Jason Sehorn on ESPN.com once posed the following question: "What's it like to be one of the league's top cornerbacks, among the most handsome men in sports, fabulously rich and engaged to an impossibly gorgeous actress?"

A few things have changed for Sehorn. His speed has diminished some, so he's no longer a cornerback. He left New York and signed on with St. Louis to play free safety. He's no longer engaged to the impossibly gorgeous actress; Angie Harmon is his wife. And they are expecting their first child in October. ...
more (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Rams/34FD0797F7F61E5586256D3400803577?OpenDocument&Headline=Sehorn+makes+appeal%3A+Don't+believe+the+New+York+image)