• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Ellison is a good LB?

Pittsford, N.Y. —

It didn’t take the Buffalo Bills long to realize what they had in linebacker Keith Ellison.

A sixth-round draft pick out of Oregon State in 2006, Ellison played in 14 games with seven starts his rookie year. He enjoyed a productive season, recording 61 tackles, a sack and an interception.

Four seasons later, the 6-foot, 229-pound Ellison is still providing the Bills with outstanding play as a starting outside linebacker. This season he is part of a veteran group of linebackers that includes Paul Posluszny and Kawika Mitchell.

I am assuming the author of that article is BFF or related to Ellison. I'm sorry but I just don't see what he does in Ellison's play.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Ellison is a good LB?

never heard of that site. must be a hoax.

To be honest, any outside reporting on the Bills is generally inaccurate. An example from the recent would be nfl.com highlighting in their game preview that "the T.O show" is the thing to watch. saying that hed be back. This is two weeks in a row theyve put that and both weeks it was reported days before that TO was out. youd think with someone like Owens theyd do their research.

Im sure you all know the other examples. People just dont take the time to actually watch the Bills anymore... So they write down whatever they want.
    Last edited by BillsWin; 08-19-2009, 11:18 PM.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
      • Feb 2009

Ellison produced fair stats... But, sadly if you have watched him play you realize that he runs around and gets run over....With that being said i dont think he is bad as some of you think
      "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I believe Ellison would be a good backup, a great passing situation coverage linebacker, and, with practice, would be a stellar special teams player. However, he is a poor fit as a full time starter. I think we may have expected a little too much out of this guy.
        Last edited by Scumbag College; 08-19-2009, 11:25 PM.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Jaybird
          • Dec 2005

let's hope one of the young guns could take his spot this season!

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
            never heard of that site. must be a hoax.

To be honest, any outside reporting on the Bills is generally inaccurate. An example from the recent would be nfl.com highlighting in their game preview that "the T.O show" is the thing to watch. saying that hed be back. This is two weeks in a row theyve put that and both weeks it was reported days before that TO was out. youd think with someone like Owens theyd do their research.

Im sure you all know the other examples. People just dont take the time to actually watch the Bills anymore... So they write down whatever they want.

I got the link from Tim Graham's ESPN blog.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
              I believe Ellison would be a good backup, a great passing situation coverage linebacker, and, with practice, would be a stellar special teams player. However, he is a poor fit as a full time starter. I think we may have expected a little too much out of this guy.
              Agreed.

Through no fault of his own, the Bills left themselves short at OLB and he was asked to start. That's hardly a reason to dislike a guy who's basically a light 3rd down coverage LB and a good ST's player.

He has a place on the roster but it was the Bills that failed to fill this position with a front line guy.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live
                Ellison produced fair stats... But, sadly if you have watched him play you realize that he runs around and gets run over....With that being said i dont think he is bad as some of you think
                You ever see the stats from the guy he replaced? If you have a moment, compare Ellison's production to the last time Crowell started a season.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                  You ever see the stats from the guy he replaced? If you have a moment, compare Ellison's production to the last time Crowell started a season.
                  Crowell was overrated IMO. And I'm glad he isn't a Bill.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Crowell was overrated IMO. And I'm glad he isn't a Bill.
                    Isn't he injured still? When healthy we was one of the best strong side LBs in the game, IMO. Ellison couldn't carry his jock.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                      Isn't he injured still? When healthy we was one of the best strong side LBs in the game, IMO. Ellison couldn't carry his jock.
                      Crowell was one-man show. He didn't play defense as a team, hence the reason his numbers looked good and the defense sucked.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Ellison is a bum, he will hurt us more than help us, and the FO in ability to sign anyone to be an upgrade over him is very dishearting
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                          I'm sorry but I just don't see what he does in Ellison's play.
                          I'm not saying you're wrong but we don't see what the coaches see. Maybe Ellison is a soldier who's told what to do by the coaches even if it means jumping off the bridge. It might not help the team in terms of doing anything significant but maybe he does what he's told which is why the coaches love him.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TaylorThePirate
                            • Oct 2007

R.I.P Billy Mays ;(

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Ellison shouldn't even be in the NFL...he sucks that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X