• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Titans' Quarterback Steve McNair Arrested

Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was arrested Thursday and charged with drunken driving and possession of a handgun.

McNair was taken to night court, posted $3,000 bond and released. He is to appear in court June 26. He was due at an offseason team workout later in the day.

Pathetic
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

man I feel guilty going out to a hockey game without Mrs Eb...ok, not that guilty, but how do some of these guys live with themselves??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

McNair apologizes to fans for DUI arrest, gun charges

By JIM WYATT
      Staff Writer

Steve McNair has always owned up to his mistakes on the football field during his eight-year career — an incomplete pass, a mishandled snap, an interception.

Those might have seemed like a big deal until yesterday, when the Tennessee Titans quarterback faced the media and apologized for his arrest earlier in the day on charges of driving under the influence and possession of a handgun.

''This is something that I didn't think would ever happen, but this is something that we'll just have to deal with, and I will … with the support of my teammates, coaches, family and friends,'' said McNair, who turned 30 in February.

more
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
        • Jul 2002

Like no one on this board has ever had a few drinks and drove once in their life. I'm not condoning it cause I make sure I never do, but I don't think I know anyone who hasn't done it at least once, if not 5 times.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Titans' McNair returns to field, puts arrest behind

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (May 23, 2003 6:57 p.m. EDT) - Steve McNair looked sharp in practice Friday, about 36 hours after being arrested and charged with drunken driving and illegal possession of a handgun.

"I don't let it bother me. I don't think about it," he said afterward. "As a quarterback, you've got to stay focused on what you've got to do, especially on the football field. That's what I try to do, try to put (the charges) behind me."

McNair was arrested shortly after midnight Thursday after a police officer noticed his car weaving on a downtown street. His blood-alcohol level was measured at 0.18 percent; the limit in Tennessee is 0.10 percent.

The officer found a loaded 9 mm pistol in the console between the front seats. State law prohibits having a loaded weapon while under the influence.
          more
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
            Like no one on this board has ever had a few drinks and drove once in their life. I'm not condoning it cause I make sure I never do, but I don't think I know anyone who hasn't done it at least once, if not 5 times.

If I have ONE drink, I won't drive. If I drive my truck to "wherever", I don't drink. That simple. I have no tolerance for anyone who can't call a cab or make other arrangments.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

McNair court date postponed to Aug. 6

The District Attorney's office and the attorney for Titans quarterback Steve McNair have agreed to push the court date in his DUI case to Aug. 6.

McNair was arrested in the early morning hours on May 22 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a handgun.

McNair's settled hearing, scheduled to be presented this morning in general session court, instead will be placed on the settlement docket in August at the request of the DA's office, attorney Roger May, who represents McNair, confirmed yesterday.

On Aug. 6, the case either will be settled or it could be reset again.

more
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

McNair DUI case reset for Oct. 21

The date for Titans quarterback Steve McNair's DUI court case yesterday was rescheduled for Oct. 21 at 9:15 a.m.

The district attorney's office and McNair's attorney, Roger May, yesterday agreed to the date after failing to reach a settlement.

McNair was arrested in the early morning hours May 22 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a handgun.

more

Comment

Working...
                X