PDA

View Full Version : When should Jairus Byrd play?

psubills62
08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Apparently the coaches will be deciding if he'll play against GB. Do you think he should start playing right away or wait because of fear of aggravating his previous injury?

I'd really like to see him get on the field and get some experience. He already has an INT in camp, and the sooner he gets experience at FS, the sooner he can start. However, I wouldn't want to ruin our safety depth by getting him injured.

I'd say Byrd should play for about a quarter or so (third quarter), just to get a feel for gameday. But not long enough to put him at too much of a risk.

What do you say? Or do you not care?

Lexwhat
08-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I sure as hell care!

The sooner we can get this guy on the field, the better. Ko Simpson and John Wendling have no place on this roster.

The Bills should maximize Byrd's playing time and treat him the way as Levitre and Wood. I am anxious to see how he will perform.

Haven't thought much about his injury, but if the doctors clear him, I don't anticipate it being a problem.

yordad
08-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I say he plays all he can.

Scumbag College
08-20-2009, 08:02 PM
He's converting from corner to safety, he needs all the playing time he can get. He has the skills, physical ability, and smarts to be pretty good at safety. Byrd just lacks the experience.

However, I think he's really raw to be more than just a backup this year, unfortunately. Throwing him into the starting lineup during the regular season without much experience at the position is really risky.