PDA

View Full Version : My final roster prediction (and bubble players).....

yordad
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
OK, this is how I think the Bills currently have it......
(Black ones stay)
Edwards, Fitz, hamden
Lynch, Jackson, Rhodes, Omon, McIntyre(FB), Hall
Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Hardy, Jenkins, Hawthorn, Huggins
Fine, Schouman, Nelson, Stupar
Walker, Butler, Hangartner, Woods, Levitre, Mckinny, Chambers, Bell

Stroud, Kelsey, Schobel, Williams, McCargo, Ellis, Maybin, Johnson, Denney, Bryan
Poz, Ellison, Mitchell, Harris, Bowen, Thomas, Palmer, Buggs
McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, Youboty, Lankster
Whitner, Scott, Byrd, Simpson, Wilson, Wendling

Morman
Lindell
Sanborn(LS)

My thoughts are that it would be really nice if Wood or Hangartner could long snap, it would save Bryan or Stupar. Stupar was very close, and with the Bills seemingly going 2 tight end a lot, I assume they want to keep him around. Problem is, I'm not sure anyone else on offense is even eligible for the practice squad. If Omon is, I'm not sure the Bills want to risk putting him there. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes was cut after game three. The Bills better get Omon the ball in these final 3 preseason games. They have to know if he is worth keeping.

McIntyre almost gets cut too in favor of Stupar. I haven't seen the Bills run with a lead blocker yet this preseason. I think he stays on as a "just in case".

Denney and Kelsey barely held on, IMO. If Maybin would have showed up on time and proved he was a capable starter (which wasn't too likely to begin with, nearly impossible now), then maybe Kelsey would be gone. Kelsey is lucky he doesn't have a roster bonus coming up. If Bryan has 2-3 more good preseason games one of these two could be gone.

Buggs was really close too, and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out someone either. But right now, I have Palmer slightly ahead.

There is a shakeup in the secondary leaving little depth at safety. But, I just figure you find a way to keep your best players. Lankster is going to have to be the gunner too, the Bills better see what he can do there during the next game.

Thoughts? Would you switch one? Will Parrish be traded?

Dr. Pepper
08-21-2009, 08:01 PM
i agree with almost everything except Wilson, i think he makes it.

yordad
08-21-2009, 08:08 PM
i agree with almost everything except Wilson, i think he makes it.Could be. But, who do you cut?

SquishDaFish
08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Yea I think Wilson makes it also

Maybe Denney, Kelsey or Palmer goes and Wilson stays

BillsWin
08-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I concur yordad. excellent analysis.

BillsWin
08-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope we find a way to keep Stupar. The kid looks good and is such a hard worker.

Scumbag College
08-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I think the Bills keep a FB for lead blocking in short yardage situations ONLY. I highly doubt we see it other than that. McIntyre is a decent special teamer though.

I think they keep a fourth safety. I don't think Byrd is quite ready if Whitner or Scott goes down. With that said, I'd possibly leave Thomas off or put Palmer on the practice squad and hope no one signs him off of there to keep a fourth safety.

yordad
08-21-2009, 08:30 PM
My deal with safety is I think half the CBs could play it in a pinch, and I think they could do as good or better then Ko and Co.

mysticsoto
08-21-2009, 08:35 PM
In your OL list you have Pennington??? I think you mean Walker...did you cut and paste this from a previous year? :D

I think some things need to be answered...Palmer...how hurt is he? Can he be put on IR? It's doubtful he will get playing time even if he returns - unless we dump Bowen for him. If Copeland Bryan plays as well as he did last game, I say we make a sacrifice somewhere else and keep him. Maybin is doubtful to produce much this year or atleast initially. This Saturday, Ellis and Bryan need to play like their life depended on it so they can make their roster spots and gain favor for playing time over Maybin.

I'd like to see Byrd play S before I dump Ko, Wendling and Wilson, but I have no doubt that he should be able to surpass them even if he's not 100%.

For the most part, I agree with your assessment. I think you can put Hall on the PS for another year. I'd keep OT Jonathan Scott on the PS also as I like what I saw in TC with him. CBs Cary Harris and Lydel Sargeant can also go into the PS. There are some that I don't think qualify to go in, which is too bad. Ones like TE Stupar and DT Derrick Jones would have been great to keep.

yordad
08-21-2009, 08:37 PM
In your OL list you have Pennington??? I think you mean Walker...did you cut and paste this from a previous year? :D

LOL, no, I had a brain fart.

Dr. Pepper
08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Could be. But, who do you cut?

Palmer IMO.

casdhf
08-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Buggs seems to have a good shot at making this team.

yordad
08-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Do you guys foresee any "surprise" cuts?

yordad
08-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Worth noting that if we cut those 3 safeties, we could probably get any one of them back at any time with a phone call. I would think it is very unlikey all three would be picked up by another team if released.

sdbillsfan2
08-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Nice Job Yordad... and as far as Parrish goes.......I still think the coaches have to utilize his talent. Gaget plays , reverses . something.. . unless somebody is willing to give us someone worth more then him....I say keep him.. I'd miss the excitement factor lol

bigbub2352
08-21-2009, 11:22 PM
top notch seriously great prediction but i think mcyntyre goes and they keep wilson also u may see then keep an extra Lber

yordad
08-21-2009, 11:30 PM
OK guys, I just remember something........... I am pretty sure the Bills get an extra spot for three games since Lynch is suspended.

Stop right there George Wilson. The Billszone has spoken. You have a stay of execution.

If Omon can show something he stays after week 3. If Rhodes doesn't show something, he may be gone.

bigbub2352
08-21-2009, 11:30 PM
i think kelsay or denney could be a surprise i also could see us trade parrish and keep jenkins our huggins or hawthorne
Gotta think that we keep to Dline on the PS
also hope we can keep bruce hall and copeland bryan on the PS if they can

yordad
08-21-2009, 11:37 PM
i think kelsay or denney could be a surprise i also could see us trade parrish and keep jenkins our huggins or hawthorne
Gotta think that we keep to Dline on the PS
also hope we can keep bruce hall and copeland bryan on the PS if they canHall can, I don't think Bryan can. I have Jenkins significantly higher then then other two. In part, because he is a very good gunner.

thenry20
08-22-2009, 04:11 AM
i agree with almost everything except Wilson, i think he makes it.

I agree. Besides he is the captain of the ST. Somehow, someway, Whendling makes the team (just knowing this coaching staff) and I'll be really pissed.

SquishDaFish
08-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Surprise cut is def going to be Denney or god help us Kelsey

bflobarry
08-22-2009, 11:31 AM
If Palmer has the dreaded "high ankle sprain', he goes to IR. Rhodes and Oman stay at least until The Beast returns. Bryant stays, hopefully Kelsay gets cut. Wendling is a goner. Back up LB's are scary weak/inexperienced. Hamden may be cut, since he'll only be a phone call away......