PDA

View Full Version : I never want to hear another word about the Bills moving....

Michael82
08-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Check out this article....

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers had loudspeakers providing crowd noise when their first-string offense worked this week.

They apparently missed the memo that their game against the Jaguars on Saturday night is the beginning of what might be the Jaguars’ blackout season.

The Jaguars play the first of 10 home games this year Saturday night — two in the preseason and eight in the regular season — and the team has already announced all 10 will be blacked out on TV because of a lack of ticket sales.
This will be the first time in their 15-year history that they’ve blacked out all 10 games and the stadium might be only, about half-filled Saturday night. Crowd noise probably won’t be a problem for the Bucs.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2009-08-21/story/jaguars_ready_for_string_of_blackouts

LtFinFan66
08-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Mikey, I heard the Bills might be moving

Michael82
08-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Bite me, Fish Boy! :mad:

LtFinFan66
08-22-2009, 11:45 AM
:couch:

Throne Logic
08-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Holy melodrama. That's rediculous. Blackouts are not official until a few days before the actual games, not weeks and months in advance.

They may be low on current sales, but if they win a few games in Sept, those later games could sell out in a hurry with those largely fairweather Floridians.

I do hope this eases the stress on the Bills moving just a bit. It would be nice if the talks shifted to Jacksonville moving to LA for a while.

Michael82
08-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Holy melodrama. That's rediculous. Blackouts are not official until a few days before the actual games, not weeks and months in advance.

They may be low on current sales, but if they win a few games in Sept, those later games could sell out in a hurry with those largely fairweather Floridians.

I do hope this eases the stress on the Bills moving just a bit. It would be nice if the talks shifted to Jacksonville moving to LA for a while.
For them to announce it this early, leaves me to believe that they only sold half of the stadium and that includes the usual 10,000 or more seats that are covered up. :ill:

paladin warrior
08-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey Mikey, I heard the Bills might be moving Hey I heard the Hurricane going destory Miami Dolphins Stadium :whistling

The Popcorn
08-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Jacksonville seems to have a hard time drawing fans even when they're good.

BillsWin
08-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Its sad that people automatically assume the Bills will be moving. We have been mediocre for so long, yet manage to sell 50,000 season tickets (56,000 this year) and sell out on a consistent basis. Then their are other teams out there that have to tarp over half the stadium because there fans are awful.

If some rich business man looked at the Bills franchise, what he should see is potential. When Ralph dies he should buy the team and get them the HC and talent to be a winner. If the Bills were winning the loyal fanbase would support the team ten-fold.

If we sell out when we suck, what will happen if we started to win again? think about it.

Either way, the city of Buffalo has done much better in the NFL than people give it credit for. Taking the NFL away from Buffalo would be terrible.

LtFinFan66
08-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey I heard the Hurricane going destory Miami Dolphins Stadium :whistlinggood thing it's Landshark Stadium now:whew:

Typ0
08-22-2009, 12:46 PM
What does this have to do with the Bills?

Stewie
08-22-2009, 01:07 PM
they are competition to move to Hollywood

paladin warrior
08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
good thing it's Landshark Stadium now:whew: Landshark? what happen Miami Dolphins Stadium ?

LtFinFan66
08-22-2009, 01:34 PM
It was renamed several months ago. 1 year deal

Mad Bomber
08-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey I heard the Hurricane going destory Miami Dolphins Stadium :whistling
paladin warrior...:hail:

Mad Bomber
08-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey I heard the Hurricane going destory Miami Dolphins Stadium :whistling
:hail:paladin warrior

LtFinFan66
08-22-2009, 01:49 PM
boo

feldspar
08-22-2009, 01:54 PM
L.A. wants TWO teams.

BillyT92679
08-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I still don't get why the NFL picked Jacksonville to place an expansion team when St. Louis, Baltimore, and Oakland (to say nothing of say San Antonio or Portland) were available. Apparently the league thought since they loved college ball so much down there and were growing in population that it would be a great fit
it never panned out

paladin warrior
08-22-2009, 01:56 PM
boo yaaaay!! :cheers:

The last buffalo fan
08-22-2009, 02:16 PM
good thing it's Landshark Stadium now:whew:

Boy, that name truly scare me!

Night Train
08-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Where would anyone move to in todays economy ? It's just spouting empty crap without any substance.

No one has an NFL ready stadium or $$.

If anything, the small market teams have to worry about the NFL shrinking down the road.

tampabay25690
08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I have been to JAX for a few games and to be honest they get about the same amount of fans as the DOLHPINS do.

Miami had a bit more of a fan base but JAX isn't far behind them.

LtFinFan66
08-22-2009, 02:56 PM
negative, since they cover a good chunk of seats

elltrain22
08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I have to agree, people saying we're gonna move get a big "child please"

Typ0
08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
It's nice to rationalize your wishes this way...but I have no seen any indication of JAX being on the market and we know BUF is going to the highest bidder when RW kicks off. So the team that is sold is the one that will move if someone wants it bad enough.

Nighthawk
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
It was renamed several months ago. 1 year deal

Yeah, when the ownership became all entertainers...seriously, what is that all about?

OpIv37
08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
It's nice to rationalize your wishes this way...but I have no seen any indication of JAX being on the market and we know BUF is going to the highest bidder when RW kicks off. So the team that is sold is the one that will move if someone wants it bad enough.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Ralph's family doesn't want the team because they can't afford the inheritance taxes. So, when he dies SOMEONE is going to have to buy the team. So far, no individual or group that wants to keep the team in Buffalo has shown that they have the money to actually do that.

So, it's entirely possible for a larger, richer city like Toronto or LA to outbid the people who want the team to stay put.

Dr. Lecter
08-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Once again, it is about much more than selling out the stadium. The other revenues, like luxury suites and advertising, are much more important and the corporate presence in Buffalo is too week.

jamze132
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
One of the only things we have going for us is California's economy. Obviously L.A. is the most likely destination for an NFL move. It would cost an extraordinary amount of money upfront to get a team bought, moved, and situated in Cali right now.

As much as I would hate for the Bills to move anywhere, Toronto is probably the best thing smoking to ensure we still have a team to cheer for. Let's hope it never comes down to that.

Nighthawk
08-22-2009, 05:11 PM
One of the only things we have going for us is California's economy. Obviously L.A. is the most likely destination for an NFL move. It would cost an extraordinary amount of money upfront to get a team bought, moved, and situated in Cali right now.

As much as I would hate for the Bills to move anywhere, Toronto is probably the best thing smoking to ensure we still have a team to cheer for. Let's hope it never comes down to that.

Very few Bills fans will root for this team if it moves to Toronto. I for one, would not follow it anymore. I would have a tough time following the NFL if the Bills ever moved.

jamze132
08-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Very few Bills fans will root for this team if it moves to Toronto. I for one, would not follow it anymore. I would have a tough time following the NFL if the Bills ever moved.
I understand your disdain for the Bills moving but I think most fans would rather have the team 90 miles away rather than not at all.

Michael82
08-23-2009, 12:53 AM
I understand your disdain for the Bills moving but I think most fans would rather have the team 90 miles away rather than not at all.
Nope...I disagree. If the Bills move to Toronto, it's worse than them going to LA and at least half of the fans in Buffalo and Western NY would stop rooting for them and actually even hate them.

footballhottie
08-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Tampa has money doesn't it? Organizations with sometimes buy the extra tickets so its not blacked out as I recall.

Typ0
08-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Tampa has money doesn't it? Organizations with sometimes buy the extra tickets so its not blacked out as I recall.

Are you dating Dick Jauron?

Jan Reimers
08-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Ralph's family doesn't want the team because they can't afford the inheritance taxes. So, when he dies SOMEONE is going to have to buy the team. So far, no individual or group that wants to keep the team in Buffalo has shown that they have the money to actually do that.

If Ralph were to leave the team to his wife, there would be no death tax.

jamze132
08-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Nope...I disagree. If the Bills move to Toronto, it's worse than them going to LA and at least half of the fans in Buffalo and Western NY would stop rooting for them and actually even hate them.

Why would anyone actually "hate" the Bills if they moved? You could hate the homo owner who did it, but it's not like the players have any say in the matter.

The Bills have been apart of my life since I can remember and I can't think about not cheering for them.

Michael82
08-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Why would anyone actually "hate" the Bills if they moved? You could hate the homo owner who did it, but it's not like the players have any say in the matter.

The Bills have been apart of my life since I can remember and I can't think about not cheering for them.
I could and it would be easier once all the players from the BUFFALO BILLS are gone. Then there would be no connection whatsoever. I'm sorry, but the moment the Bills leave town, whether it's to Toronto, LA or San Antonio...I will cease being a fan of the team and will actually root AGAINST them. Think of it this way...if they move to Toronto or somewhere else....there's no way the team would stay the same, and the logo would be pointless too. So it would be a completely different team with some of our old players. **** them!

DraftBoy
08-23-2009, 11:56 AM

There is no point to arguing this kind of thinking, to some the game of football is all about Buffalo, if there is no team there they won't follow it. For me its not, Ill ALWAYS root for the Bills regardless of where they go. That's my team, if they move, Ill be sad, but Ill also just dive deeper into the NFL in general and college football. The Bills do not start or end my passion for the game, they are only one of the key sections of it. Them moving does not affect that much.

BillyT92679
08-23-2009, 03:47 PM

I could, easily. They'd no longer be the Bills.

Hemlepp53
08-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Agreed. Jacksonville has a much larger market to serve than the Bills. I do not see either team moving.... too much invested in the community on both ends. All the Jags need is a winning streak and the seats will be filled. Fair Weathered fans.. unlike Buffalo we show regardless.....

jamze132
08-24-2009, 05:38 AM
If Jesus came down and then left again, would you hate him too people?

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 08:18 AM

You need to worry about Miami moving. They are giving away ownersip rights like M&Ms down there. I heard Bobby Brown is now an owner.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 08:23 AM

Mikey, I disagree here. If they move to LA than everyone here is done with them. Anyone root for the Clippers?

At least Toronto is a part of every Buffalonian. Hopefully the Toronto owners would be smart enough to keep the team name, and integrate Buffalo into the startegy.

Plus for alot of us who live outside Buffalo we would rather root for a team that we have a connection to and Toronto is still part of that.

BuffaloRanger
08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Toronto would not need to pander to the Buffalo fanbase. And they would definitely change the name. I wonder if Buffalo would be allowed to keep the Bills name and history like Cleveland kept the Browns.

Whether you remain a Bills fan really depends on if you ever lived in Buffalo. If so, you are a fan because they are your hometown team. If not, you are a fan for many other possible reasons.

But as a hometown Buffalo guy, the Bills are my connection to WNY. If they moved and broke the hearts of long suffering fans in WNY I could never cheer for them again. Not to mention the rivalry the city has with the Maple Leafs already.

Take the Dallas Cowboys. There are Cowboys fans all the US that have never stepped foot in Texas. If thh Cowboys moved (impossible I know) those fans would still cheer for their team. But I doubt the longtime fans in Dallas and Texas would.

I'll even go one step further. If the Bills moved I would never watch another NFL game as long as I live. In fact a fight club scenario springs to mind but instead of credit card company buildings it would be footba...uh, nevermind.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Toronto would not need to pander to the Buffalo fanbase. And they would definitely change the name. I wonder if Buffalo would be allowed to keep the Bills name and history like Cleveland kept the Browns.

Whether you remain a Bills fan really depends on if you ever lived in Buffalo. If so, you are a fan because they are your hometown team. If not, you are a fan for many other possible reasons.

But as a hometown Buffalo guy, the Bills are my connection to WNY. If they moved and broke the hearts of long suffering fans in WNY I could never cheer for them again. Not to mention the rivalry the city has with the Maple Leafs already.

Take the Dallas Cowboys. There are Cowboys fans all the US that have never stepped foot in Texas. If thh Cowboys moved (impossible I know) those fans would still cheer for their team. But I doubt the longtime fans in Dallas and Texas would.

I'll even go one step further. If the Bills moved I would never watch another NFL game as long as I live. In fact a fight club scenario springs to mind but instead of credit card company buildings it would be footba...uh, nevermind.

If the Bills moved to Toronto and the team became the Toronto Badgers I would be done with them. I should have qaualified that better. I was thinking more on the lines of the team being regionalized as the Bills.

Michael82
08-24-2009, 11:34 AM

Thank you! :bf1:

Michael82
08-24-2009, 11:36 AM
If the Bills moved to Toronto and the team became the Toronto Badgers I would be done with them. I should have qaualified that better. I was thinking more on the lines of the team being regionalized as the Bills.
That's the thing some of you don't realize. If they move, whether to Toronto or somewhere else....They won't be the Buffalo Bills anymore. Hell, if they move to Toronto permanantly, I'm sure Buffalo will do everything that Cleveland did to keep the team name and history in Buffalo...

Hemlepp53
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
They wont move but if they do move to Canadna that will crush all possibilities that i will ever attend another Bills Game. Unless playing at an away game in the states. I know this is nothing they take into consideration but I am a convicted felon and can not enter Canada. That is just one of the reasons i would stop my support of the team. I guess this is one of those "LIVE WITH IT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE" examples i can give to show that choices made as a young man haunt you forever... EVEN IN MY FOOTBALL LIFE.... Convicted Felon = no Toronto Badgers games...

DraftBoy
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM

To me the bolded makes no sense and the Bills are only part of my connection to WNY, its also the place I was born, where my grandmother and brother are burried, where my aunt and uncle live. The place where Duffs is, and its my hometown. The Bills leave and none of that changes, ever.

Typ0
08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
My passion for the Bills is totally based on a passion for the people in WNY and their plight as sports fans. If the Bills were to move out of NY they would be just another football team.

Ebenezer
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Once again, it is about much more than selling out the stadium. The other revenues, like luxury suites and advertising, are much more important and the corporate presence in Buffalo is too week.

We have a winner.

We were just in Washington, DC. My family and I took a tour of Nationals Stadium. You should see the place. An NFL stadium like that and Buffalo would never be able to compete. They have three tiers of luxury suites. The top ones cost $400K a year. They must be purchased in 5, 7 and 9 year blocks....there is one available...all the others are sold (and oh, btw - THE NATIONALS SUCK!). If I remember correctly, all the boxes in the other two tiers are sold, too. Show me on Buffalo business that can plunk down that kind of coin. Ain't going to happen. I've been saying this here for years - you can pack that stadium every week, hell EVERY DAY, and it won't matter thing one.