• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Uh, yeah, our lines still suck...

Success in the NFL is determined in the trenches. No secret here.

Whatever idiot decided that Langston Walker can play LT, needs to be fired before the NE game. Hell, he should have been fired after coaching three straight 7-9 teams.

Bell needs to play LT and learn as he goes, he might actually be a tad bit better than Walker at LT at this point. I would immediately stick Walker bat at RT where he isn't that bad.

I'm still not comfortable with Hangartner at C. I would rather have Wood at C

As crappy as our O-line is, it should probably look more like:

Bell - Hangartner - Wood - Butler - Walker

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't think I need to say anything about Schobel, Denney, and Kelsay. All three at this point would be BUs on a winning team. I would love to see Copeland Bryan in there starting against NE in lieu of Kelsay.

If we can't generate a pass rush, yet again, our DBs are going to be torched this year, regardless of how good they are. Football is a team game for a reason and the D-line isn't pulling their weight. Shocker.

And what did our brain-trust do to improve our D-line in the off-season? Rehabbed Schobel? Drafted a guy that weighs less than 240 to play DE?
    Last edited by jamze132; 08-22-2009, 11:46 PM.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Uh, yeah, our lines still suck...

Anybody?

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

Looked like a lot of ineffective blitzing from the nfl.com highlights, too, as well as some bad tackling and turnovers.

Dunno. I can't watch the game until 4.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
        Success in the NFL is determined in the trenches. No secret here.

Whatever idiot decided that Langston Walker can play LT, needs to be fired before the NE game. Hell, he should have been fired after coaching three straight 7-9 teams.

Bell needs to play LT and learn as he goes, he might actually be a tad bit better than Walker at LT at this point. I would immediately stick Walker bat at RT where he isn't that bad.

I'm still not comfortable with Hangartner at C. I would rather have Wood at C

As crappy as our O-line is, it should probably look more like:

Bell - Hangartner - Wood - Butler - Walker
        :
        I told everyone on this site that getting rid of Peters shows that this organization is not about winning but making money. Our owner is 90 and he still wants to line his pockets. The guy could spend big the next 10 years and still have plenty of money left over.

I actually like your o-line but I would have brought in a vet at LT. Bell is never going to be a first class starter in this league.

I'm in Atlanta and will watch the game tonight but I'm already prepared for the horror.

This season will suck and Jauron and Edwards will be the scapegoats for an organization that decides ultimately what talent they are willing to pay for.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

Yes, we know what you told us. We just generally think you have no clue what you are talking about.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
            Yes, we know what you told us. We just generally think you have no clue what you are talking about.
            Find the thread that I've been wrong on the last two years. You guys just don't like the truth.

Comment

• scartown
              • Dec 2008

I need to rewatch the game but from what seen the right side of the line was being pushed back a lot. Both Butler and Wood.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

We probably need to give our O-line a little more than 3 preseason games before we push the panic button. I think we will be much smarter and tougher in the interior, but may need to move Bell to LT, and let Butler and Walker vie for the RT job.

But let's not give up on this unit already.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

hhuricaine.. to be honest.. I really don't even take into consideration your posts, ideas or thoughts anymore... and I think the majority feel similiar. In fact you just need to go back on the list

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    We probably need to give our O-line a little more than 3 preseason games before we push the panic button. I think we will be much smarter and tougher in the interior, but may need to move Bell to LT, and let Butler and Walker vie for the RT job.

But let's not give up on this unit already.

Not going to give up, but this team needs to do something desperate because we can't win 7 games this year after what I saw last night. We have yet to run the ball successfully with our 1st stringers. We're not winning crap this year with out a dependable running game

Then there was our entire 1st sting D that had nothing but issues and looked extremly soft in the 1st quarter. There was 0 pass rush or pressure. There was always someone wide open to throw the ball to, and they were runing the ball 5 yards at a crack it seemed like

I'm honestly unure I can watch the replay today, and I support desperation moves because I'm afraid of what I saw from our starters.. That was by far some of the worst football ever

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

I found it amusing and uplifting that when Walker was sucking eggs last night, he was replaced by Bell in the first unit. I liked that. it showed life in the coaching staff. Not much, but enough to think the light in their head is flickering slightly.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

Its still really, really early and alot of good things can develop, but I gotta agree w/ you and say that so far, its absolutely fricken terrible.
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          Not going to give up, but this team needs to do something desperate because we can't win 7 games this year after what I saw last night. We have yet to run the ball successfully with our 1st stringers. We're not winning crap this year with out a dependable running game

Then there was our entire 1st sting D that had nothing but issues and looked extremly soft in the 1st quarter. There was 0 pass rush or pressure. There was always someone wide open to throw the ball to, and they were runing the ball 5 yards at a crack it seemed like

I'm honestly unure I can watch the replay today, and I support desperation moves because I'm afraid of what I saw from our starters.. That was by far some of the worst football ever
                          Yeah, I had the advantage of not being able to watch the game last night. If I had, I would probably be far less forgiving than I feel this morning. I'm just going on the potential I saw in the previous game, and hoping last night was an abberation.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Find the thread that I've been wrong on the last two years. You guys just don't like the truth.
                            How about this one - where you talk about the owner not wanting to win, but only to line his pockets?
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

I still can't believe that decided to put Walker at LT instead of trying to find a serviceable vet or drafting one. This just might be one of the top 5 dumbest personnel decisions ever made by the Bills organization. We are going to have to rely on Bell to protect Trent's blindside. I hope that's a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Working...
                              X